Jump to topic:

MMOs

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:04:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yes. World of Warcraft - playing Shadow Priest. I played DC Universe Online on the PS3 (it's completely free; additional features cost), but I sort of strayed off after a couple of weeks.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:18:10 PM
At 5/9/2012 10:04:20 PM, Mirza wrote:
Yes. World of Warcraft - playing Shadow Priest. I played DC Universe Online on the PS3 (it's completely free; additional features cost), but I sort of strayed off after a couple of weeks.

I don't have 15 bucks a month for WoW but it has always interested me... maybe some day.

DC Universe Online? Maybe I'll take a peek at that one.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:22:36 PM
At 5/9/2012 10:18:10 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I don't have 15 bucks a month for WoW but it has always interested me... maybe some day.
Sounds expensive in theory, but the game can suck up one's time, so you only play that and rarely other games. I have very few PS3 games, because I spent money on WoW rather than dozens of PS3 games.

Yes, you create your own superhero in any way you want. You can be inspired by say, Batman, but you don't have to. It's entertaining. However, as good as the game is, it just lacks something to make it spicy. I think you'll understand what I mean if you get deep into the MMO genre. In DC Universe, the social part seems weak. You can queue into instances easily without a group, do arena, etc. It lacks depth.

Have you thought of what kind of playstyle you'd be more interested in? There's PvP and PvE. In PvP, you do objectives that are targeted against enemy players. This includes battlegrounds where your team fights another, arenas, etc., all with real playrs. In PvE, it's you versus the non-player combatants, where you group up with players to do raids and kill bosses, and those sorts of things.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:24:47 PM
At 5/9/2012 10:22:36 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/9/2012 10:18:10 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Sounds expensive in theory, but the game can suck up one's time, so you only play that and rarely other games. I have very few PS3 games, because I spent money on WoW rather than dozens of PS3 games.

Yes, you create your own superhero in any way you want. You can be inspired by say, Batman, but you don't have to. It's entertaining. However, as good as the game is, it just lacks something to make it spicy. I think you'll understand what I mean if you get deep into the MMO genre. In DC Universe, the social part seems weak. You can queue into instances easily without a group, do arena, etc. It lacks depth.

Have you thought of what kind of playstyle you'd be more interested in? There's PvP and PvE. In PvP, you do objectives that are targeted against enemy players. This includes battlegrounds where your team fights another, arenas, etc., all with real playrs. In PvE, it's you versus the non-player combatants, where you group up with players to do raids and kill bosses, and those sorts of things.

I think I'm more PvE. I've played EVE online for a bit but found that tedious. I played Runescape for years but wore it out. WoW sounds expensive (I might splurge for it). I'm currently playing a F2P game called Runes of Magic which isn't bad.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:27:46 PM
There's Guild Wars 2 coming soon, a very strong competitor to World of Warcraft. No monthly fees. Also consider Diablo 3, it's very simple and easy to learn. Coming in five days.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:32:29 PM
At 5/9/2012 10:27:46 PM, Mirza wrote:
There's Guild Wars 2 coming soon, a very strong competitor to World of Warcraft. No monthly fees. Also consider Diablo 3, it's very simple and easy to learn. Coming in five days.

Ah yes GW2.

I think I'm going to get this one when I get a new laptop over the summer.

Thanks for all the help.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:44:11 PM
At 5/9/2012 10:32:29 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Ah yes GW2.

Probably a good decision. Laptops are generally not suited for gaming, but if you want one for a decent price that can run games well, try to get one with a mediocre graphics card and screen type (high resolution). Intel i5 CPU or beyond is good.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 1:59:40 AM
I can attest to the amount of content in WOW and I haven't even played the two newest expansions.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 2:03:20 AM
I want to play Star War: The Old Republic. But then Bioware destroyed my hopes and dreams.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 8:57:10 AM
Runescape was always fun for me.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 7:06:55 PM
CP, There are player-organized tournaments (Arena PvP) that are streamed sometimes, with the best PvP players competing for prizes. You should check it out and see if it interests you. It's WoW, by the way. http://www.twitch.tv...

I don't play on tournaments yet, but I might do so if I get a good team and enough practice.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 10:08:32 PM
At 5/9/2012 10:32:29 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 5/9/2012 10:27:46 PM, Mirza wrote:

Ah yes GW2.

Thanks for all the help.

Do it! Do it! Do it! :P
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 11:11:34 AM
At 5/10/2012 1:59:40 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I can attest to the amount of content in WOW and I haven't even played the two newest expansions.

But it's just the same rehashed stuff over and over and over and over and over again.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 11:11:54 AM
At 5/10/2012 2:03:20 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I want to play Star War: The Old Republic. But then Bioware destroyed my hopes and dreams.

???
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush