Jump to topic:

Runes of Magic

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 11:13:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Runes of Magic (ROM) is a game I've been playing for a bit now that is quite similar to World of Warcraft but it is completely free. There is a cash shop (I don't use it) but that doesn't really affect game play at all.

It's a free client download and everything. I was wondering if some people would be interested in starting up. We could make a guild or something. Could be fun.

Pros:

Very large game
Lots of content
Free
Similar to WoW
Dual Class system
Lots of loot

Cons:

Social aspect is a little atrophied
Can get grindy if you play alone
Slow XP gain

If you want to play my game name is: Calcipher
My character is in the Indigo server.

Here's the website - http://us.runesofmagic.com...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 11:38:41 PM
You should play guild wars 2 when it comes out :)
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 11:39:01 PM
At 5/9/2012 11:38:41 PM, Oryus wrote:

no grinding! :D
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 10:01:34 AM

This.

I've played Runes of Magic and comparing it to WoW is a bit disingenuous. It's the most blatant WoW clone I've ever played. The creators should have at least tried to make it distinct.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 11:36:46 AM
At 5/10/2012 10:01:34 AM, Korashk wrote:

This.

I've played Runes of Magic and comparing it to WoW is a bit disingenuous. It's the most blatant WoW clone I've ever played. The creators should have at least tried to make it distinct.

They did if you get into it... On the surface yes. Deep down no...

And I want GW2 but I need a new comp first. My old '08 Inspiron probably won't run it well.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 11:48:59 PM
At 5/10/2012 11:36:46 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 5/10/2012 10:01:34 AM, Korashk wrote:

This.

They did if you get into it... On the surface yes. Deep down no...

And I want GW2 but I need a new comp first. My old '08 Inspiron probably won't run it well.

Yeah. I'll probably need to upgrade my lappy to play GW2 but I think it'll be worth it (and necessary eventually anyway). I'm stoked :D
: