Jump to topic:

Instrumental beats

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 2:05:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
TUF's rap battle tourney got me looking into some instrumental rap songs that I've been browsing for on Youtube after seeing some of the raps. Most of the ones I found are fan-made but apparently there are also artists that specialize in making instrumentals. Some of them are pretty sweet, so I made this thread for other people to post their favorite instrumental rap songs/beats. I'll post a couple of mine. The first one I would describe as just bad@$$ - http://tinyurl.com...

The second one though is probably the best I've found overall. Its slow, and the tone is extremely depressing and emotional, but also seems to have a theme of hope to it as well - http://tinyurl.com...

I look forward to people's responses.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 2:10:04 AM
Lol probably not, I was just looking for cool instrumentals because I thought some of the ones the contestants used were pretty nice.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 4:40:21 AM
To be honest, I don't know any instrumentals. I'm mostly into Australian Rap lately, on account of listening to a lot of public radio in the car, but if I were going to rap, I'd probably use the instrumental from a lesser known Eminem song since I know them so well.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 12:57:39 PM
I really like that first link. I just listened to the whole thing. You may be inspiring me to use in a future rap :)
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:36:43 PM
here's one from youtube that i really like. i haven't used it in a rap battle because the beat is so slow and mellow, but i've thought of a few raps in my head for it.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 1:09:27 PM
At 5/14/2012 2:05:04 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
but apparently there are also artists that specialize in making instrumentals... I made this thread for other people to post their favorite instrumental rap songs/beats.

Of course... those people are called producers :P

This is one of my favorite instrumentals though there isn't an actual rap song that accompanies it. It's just a beat I really like. I heard a mash-up with Lil Wayne's "A Milli" over this and it was decent, but this track seems hard to rap over in general.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 1:14:54 PM
One of my favorite Eminem songs (I'd say it's #2) is not well-known at all. It's called Infinite and it's from 1996 whereas Eminem didn't really get famous until 1998/99. If you listen to the song, it's very reminiscent of old school hip-hop which is probably why I like it. The instrumental is very simple and clean. Unlike the last song I posted, it's very easy to rap over. There is beauty in simplicity as well. If I ever do another audio battle on here, I'll probably use this one.
President of DDO
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 1:21:48 PM
I'm no big fan of rap, especially modern rap which I think is mostly gibberish garbage. I do like many pre-2000's rap songs - if they're from America. Ice Cube's "It Was A Good Day" instrumental is electrifying; Cool and relaxing simultaneously.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 2:16:37 AM
Did you guys realize this woman is her own religion? Because I just converted to it.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 2:28:09 AM
At 5/23/2012 2:16:37 AM, Oryus wrote:

Did you guys realize this woman is her own religion? Because I just converted to it.

Vanilla Ice 4 life.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 2:31:23 AM
Oddly enough, Vanilla Ice is the Satan of the M.I.A. religion.
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 2:41:30 AM
At 5/23/2012 2:31:23 AM, Oryus wrote:

How bout this:
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 2:43:19 AM
At 5/23/2012 2:41:30 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

How bout this:

Impressive.

Infinity knives.
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 2:55:55 AM
At 5/23/2012 2:43:19 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/23/2012 2:41:30 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

How bout this:

Impressive.

Infinity knives.

Freedo has infinity knives.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:05:14 AM
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:09:27 AM
Btw, I'm probably goin to be droppin a track soon. Hopefully it will turn into a collab with Ren. I've got 70 bars of fire written and a couple dope beats. Be on the look out.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:40:58 AM
At 5/22/2012 1:14:54 PM, Danielle wrote:
One of my favorite Eminem songs (I'd say it's #2) is not well-known at all. It's called Infinite and it's from 1996 whereas Eminem didn't really get famous until 1998/99. If you listen to the song, it's very reminiscent of old school hip-hop which is probably why I like it. The instrumental is very simple and clean. Unlike the last song I posted, it's very easy to rap over. There is beauty in simplicity as well. If I ever do another audio battle on here, I'll probably use this one.

I used to listen to that album and I honestly could not tell the difference between any of the songs. Forgive me, but I never saw what was so great about it. There was absolutely no trace of any emotion whatsoever in Eminem's voice.

This is my personal favorite (can you play it? I'm not sure if it works here):
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 4:28:27 AM
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2013 1:35:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
: