Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Guild Wars (1)

ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2012 8:53:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Does anyone play?

I just got it. I find the amount of missions, the size of the world and the story all very awesome.

Some of the missions are hard but it's all good fun.

Lvl 9 Ne/E

I don't know if this is any good. I have also found a surprisingly little amount of loot and only two sets of armor.

Other than that it's been borderline addictive the past few days.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2012 8:54:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've heard good things but haven't played. But I'm very interested in GW2 and strongly considering playing that.
Debate.org Moderator
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2012 9:26:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/16/2012 8:54:58 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I've heard good things but haven't played. But I'm very interested in GW2 and strongly considering playing that.

Same story. I think I'll purchase it together with the next Windows machine I buy like a Walmart special.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2012 10:17:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/16/2012 9:26:42 PM, Ren wrote:
At 5/16/2012 8:54:58 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I've heard good things but haven't played. But I'm very interested in GW2 and strongly considering playing that.

Same story. I think I'll purchase it together with the next Windows machine I buy like a Walmart special.

Yeah. I want GW 2. Hopefully when I get a new rig for college this summer I can jump to that.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 2:17:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/16/2012 8:53:29 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Does anyone play?

I used to before I switched ISPs and can't run online games anymore. This game is one of my personal favorites.

I just got it. I find the amount of missions, the size of the world and the story all very awesome.

Some of the missions are hard but it's all good fun.

If you're level 9 none of the missions should be hard on any of the campaigns unless you're trying to play above your level.

I don't know if this is any good. I have also found a surprisingly little amount of loot and only two sets of armor.

Other than that it's been borderline addictive the past few days.

Loot is pretty unimportant in Guild Wars. Everything you need you can buy and customize in a city for very reasonable prices, including all of your armor and max stat weapons, and until you have max armor and weapons, it doesn't really matter what gear you have.

Guild Wars' real draw is its story and gameplay. The creators wanted it to be less about gear optimization and more about how good of a player you are.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 10:33:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/16/2012 8:53:29 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Does anyone play?

I just got it. I find the amount of missions, the size of the world and the story all very awesome.

Some of the missions are hard but it's all good fun.

Lvl 9 Ne/E

I don't know if this is any good. I have also found a surprisingly little amount of loot and only two sets of armor.

Other than that it's been borderline addictive the past few days.

Played for a little bit a while ago. Compared to other games (including a particular giant that I probably don't need to name), there aren't that many armor sets and they aren't that diverse. The good part is that you don't have to pay a monthly fee. I also thought some of the landscapes were pretty impressive, even though invisible barriers (for instance, not being able to jump down from a cliff) are a big no-no for me. The instanced world aspect can be good or bad, depends on what kind of player you are really. That's my take on the first game.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 10:35:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 10:33:11 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 5/16/2012 8:53:29 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Does anyone play?

I just got it. I find the amount of missions, the size of the world and the story all very awesome.

Some of the missions are hard but it's all good fun.

Lvl 9 Ne/E

I don't know if this is any good. I have also found a surprisingly little amount of loot and only two sets of armor.

Other than that it's been borderline addictive the past few days.

Played for a little bit a while ago. Compared to other games (including a particular giant that I probably don't need to name), there aren't that many armor sets and they aren't that diverse. The good part is that you don't have to pay a monthly fee. I also thought some of the landscapes were pretty impressive, even though invisible barriers (for instance, not being able to jump down from a cliff) are a big no-no for me. The instanced world aspect can be good or bad, depends on what kind of player you are really. That's my take on the first game.

I really like it so far. Been playing it for a couple hours a day. The skill combos and the fact that 95% of the game isn't dependent on level or XP spamming is great.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 10:35:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/16/2012 10:17:37 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 5/16/2012 9:26:42 PM, Ren wrote:
At 5/16/2012 8:54:58 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I've heard good things but haven't played. But I'm very interested in GW2 and strongly considering playing that.

Same story. I think I'll purchase it together with the next Windows machine I buy like a Walmart special.

Yeah. I want GW 2. Hopefully when I get a new rig for college this summer I can jump to that.

If you're finding it borderline addictive, watch out. ;) I'm also going to college in a little bit and it's annoying that certain games I'm prone to want to play a lot are coming out (GW2, Diablo 3) haha.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 10:42:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 10:35:58 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 5/16/2012 10:17:37 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 5/16/2012 9:26:42 PM, Ren wrote:
At 5/16/2012 8:54:58 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I've heard good things but haven't played. But I'm very interested in GW2 and strongly considering playing that.

Same story. I think I'll purchase it together with the next Windows machine I buy like a Walmart special.

Yeah. I want GW 2. Hopefully when I get a new rig for college this summer I can jump to that.

If you're finding it borderline addictive, watch out. ;) I'm also going to college in a little bit and it's annoying that certain games I'm prone to want to play a lot are coming out (GW2, Diablo 3) haha.

Yeah true.

Come August I might be down on CPU time... Darn.