Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Has anybody ever watched...

haley.debate20
Posts: 37
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2009 6:40:27 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
1- Watch Men
2- V for Vendetta
3- Fight Club
4- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
5- The Hangover
6- The Last House on the Left (New)
**What are your opinions**
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."
theitalianstallion
Posts: 1,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2009 7:21:13 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/6/2009 6:40:27 AM, haley.debate20 wrote:
1- Watch Men
2- V for Vendetta

Those are the only two I've seen out of your list I'm sure of.

1. Watchmen - The theatrical version of the film seemed very slow and was hard to follow. The directors cut, however, was more cohesive and didn't seem to drag even though it was 30 min. longer.

2. V for Vendetta - Great film. 'Nuff said.
When Reach fell, I came.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2009 7:30:47 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Nope, I have a joke about Fight Club though:

Only Chuck Norris is allowed talk about fight club.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
haley.debate20
Posts: 37
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2009 7:58:53 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Haha, that was epic.
--On Independence day, while my uncle was hammered, we debated pirates v. ninja. I was pro ninja, he was for pirates. When it got really heated I ended it by saying, " F*** You! You know what? Chuck F*cking Norris." :P
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."
haley.debate20
Posts: 37
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2009 7:59:54 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I enjoy your opinion about Watch Men and V for Vendetta.
I think V for Vendetta was one of the most amazing movies ever. Everything just went together so well.
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2009 8:33:03 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Fight Club is a good film, dark, quirky, funny, and slightly surreal with a little dash of politics and philosophy, what more do you want?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
haley.debate20
Posts: 37
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 5:53:22 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/6/2009 8:33:03 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Fight Club is a good film, dark, quirky, funny, and slightly surreal with a little dash of politics and philosophy, what more do you want?

Cerebral_Narcissist, have you ever watched Burn After Reading? It's pretty stupid, but funny. :)
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."
theitalianstallion
Posts: 1,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 7:02:56 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/7/2009 5:53:22 AM, haley.debate20 wrote:

Cerebral_Narcissist, have you ever watched Burn After Reading? It's pretty stupid, but funny. :)

Burn After Reading was great! When I first watched it it just seemed so stupid, but looking back it was really a great film.
When Reach fell, I came.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 10:43:44 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/7/2009 5:53:22 AM, haley.debate20 wrote:
At 8/6/2009 8:33:03 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Fight Club is a good film, dark, quirky, funny, and slightly surreal with a little dash of politics and philosophy, what more do you want?

Cerebral_Narcissist, have you ever watched Burn After Reading? It's pretty stupid, but funny. :)

I don't think I have actually, I will have to track it down!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 11:36:45 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I've seen V for Vendetta and Watchmen.

I've actually seen Watchmen multiple times, and I think it's a fantastic movie -- I don't think the majority of people will be able to grasp the philosophical concepts of it without using Wikipedia or something, though, so it's not surprising to me that some people are critical of it.

I did like V for Vendetta a lot, too, though. V is probably one of the most intriguing characters I can think of (along with Rorschach.)
haley.debate20
Posts: 37
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2009 6:57:36 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/7/2009 11:36:45 AM, patsox834 wrote:
I've seen V for Vendetta and Watchmen.

I've actually seen Watchmen multiple times, and I think it's a fantastic movie -- I don't think the majority of people will be able to grasp the philosophical concepts of it without using Wikipedia or something, though, so it's not surprising to me that some people are critical of it.

I did like V for Vendetta a lot, too, though. V is probably one of the most intriguing characters I can think of (along with Rorschach.)

I love Watchmen! I watched it about 5 times in one day. :) Although it should be called The Bright Blue Penis. ha. I do agree with you when you say that a majority of people will not understand it. I had to explain it to my mother and some friends. I think their problem was that it jumped around too much for them. Although I think it was because they have short attention spans.

As for V for Vendetta, my older brother didn't understand anything V was doing and why. I had to explain that, along with why he chose V and what happened in the past. The movie, to me, just mystified me completely. It was just so epically brilliant!
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2009 6:49:54 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/6/2009 6:40:27 AM, haley.debate20 wrote:
1- Watch Men
2- V for Vendetta
3- Fight Club
4- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
5- The Hangover
6- The Last House on the Left (New)
**What are your opinions**

Seen the first 5, love all of them.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5