Justified

johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 11:55:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/22/2012 11:04:59 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
I've been wanting to check it out. Is it really that good? As in, not just the visuals?

Personally, I love it. The characters are deep and most of them are badasses. They interact great with each other, especially Boyd Crowder and Raylan Givens (the two main characters).

I would recommend it to anyone.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 11:09:52 PM
At 5/23/2012 8:57:35 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I've never even heard of it. What is the premise of the show?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 11:17:43 PM

Raylan Givens, as played by Timothy Olyphant, is a US Marshall who specializes in hunting fugitives. He was originally assigned to Miami, but due to a questionable shooting, he is reassigned to his home state of Kentucky, which he adamantly opposes.

While he is assigned to Lexington, he spends much of his time and effort in his home town of Harlan, as he deals with crime in area, particularly drug dealers of Oxycontin and sometimes meth.

This is a show that has a lot of moving parts. I would consider it in the same league as Breaking Bad.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 11:37:34 PM
At 5/23/2012 11:17:43 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Raylan Givens, as played by Timothy Olyphant, is a US Marshall who specializes in hunting fugitives. He was originally assigned to Miami, but due to a questionable shooting, he is reassigned to his home state of Kentucky, which he adamantly opposes.

While he is assigned to Lexington, he spends much of his time and effort in his home town of Harlan, as he deals with crime in area, particularly drug dealers of Oxycontin and sometimes meth.

This is a show that has a lot of moving parts. I would consider it in the same league as Breaking Bad.

Thems high praise. I'll have to check it out.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 11:45:08 PM

Sounds pretty cool..

Timothy Olyphant.. is he the guy from Hitman and GO!?
Debate.org Moderator
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 11:54:46 PM
At 5/23/2012 11:45:08 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Sounds pretty cool..

Timothy Olyphant.. is he the guy from Hitman and GO!?

Hitman yes. I never saw GO! He was also on Deadwood, a show that was apparently really good that I never saw.

Timothy Olyphant was also nominated for an Emmy in 2011 for his work on the show.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 11:55:36 PM
At 5/23/2012 11:37:34 PM, Oryus wrote:

Thems high praise. I'll have to check it out.

I would say Breaking Bad has got the edge, but Justified is pretty close for me.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 7:04:31 PM
At 5/27/2012 5:11:29 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
I've watched the first three now. It's pretty good. Most suave bad*ss main character since Burn Notice.

And it gets even better :)