Jump to topic:

Inglourious Basterds

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2009 11:14:46 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Give it an A-. Some bit's were drawn out, such as the start, but it was overall a good mix of comedy and drama. It is serious on the ethic and racial problems at the time, but sheds a humorous light on them.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2009 2:17:33 PM
Haven't seen and don't plan to. I'm not a Pitt fan to begin with, but throw in Nazis and I'm really out.

Best I've seen this year...District 9. Bad acting took me out of it in places but it's a solid B.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2009 6:48:43 PM
Bad acting ticks me off.

Like on Disney Channel. The actors there are awful. I've seen better at speech and debate tournaments.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 1:11:51 AM
I think the audience negatively affected my enjoyment of the movie.

The theater was filled with too many idiots who clapped regularly throughout the movie; shouted editorials like "THAT WAS AWESOME!" after certain scenes; and seemed to think several of the most predictable jokes and outcomes were brilliant and original (as opposed to being funnier and cleverer when they were in Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction).

And several anachronisms just didn't sit right, including, but not limited to:

*A typical Tarantino-movie Spanish guitar playing in the background . . . during a scene captioned "France 1941."

*During a climactic musical interlude, where the female protagonist silently wrestles with a critical decision, a David Bowie song plays in the background.

If I saw it again in isolation, I might bump it to a B. Time will tell.

I will say this: The best laugh of the movie is Brad Pitt, in a terrible Tennessee accent, "Bon JORE-nooooo." That made me laugh.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 10:05:13 PM
I loved this movie, I'd give it an A. I agree with whoever above me said it was a little drawn out at parts, and particularly the start with all the talk of rats and squirrels and such. Great movie though IMO.

Also, check out the original script here and dig how bad Tarantino is at spelling:

http://www.cineobscure.com...

A lot of "there" instead of "their" and other mistakes that kinda surprised me. Then again, he's made it clear quite a few times that he doesn't consider himself a writer, rather a director who writes down things for himself to do.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2009 1:29:25 AM
I have yet to see this movie. I am still indecisive as I have heard very mixed reviews about it. However, I may just watch it simply for the fact I get to see Nazis getting what they deserve. As for bad acting, that annoys me too. That aspect of the movie may turn me off.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2009 2:50:55 AM
At 8/28/2009 1:29:25 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I have yet to see this movie. I am still indecisive as I have heard very mixed reviews about it. However, I may just watch it simply for the fact I get to see Nazis getting what they deserve. As for bad acting, that annoys me too. That aspect of the movie may turn me off.

"Female" - 'Splained.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2009 8:51:04 AM
At 8/28/2009 1:29:25 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I have yet to see this movie. I am still indecisive as I have heard very mixed reviews about it. However, I may just watch it simply for the fact I get to see Nazis getting what they deserve.

Watch the Nuremberg Trials. Save $9.