Jump to topic:

Django Unchained

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2012 9:13:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't think I've ever seen a Quentin Tarantino movie I didn't like, with Kill Bill Vol. 2 being the only possible exception. So god damned excited for this.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 12:41:34 AM
At 7/2/2012 9:13:59 AM, socialpinko wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen a Quentin Tarantino movie I didn't like, with Kill Bill Vol. 2 being the only possible exception. So god damned excited for this.

You didn't like Kill Bill V2? I LOVED IT. Pai Mei is my favourite Tarantino character of all time (Except maybe The Wolf...).

I too am very excited about this. I didn't know there was a trailer. Thanks for the hook up broski.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 12:45:52 AM
At 7/3/2012 12:41:34 AM, tvellalott wrote:

You didn't like Kill Bill V2? I LOVED IT. Pai Mei is my favourite Tarantino character of all time (Except maybe The Wolf...).

I too am very excited about this. I didn't know there was a trailer. Thanks for the hook up broski.

I saw the trailer seeing Prometheus. The trailer came on and as soon as I saw it was Tarantino I had to keep myself from jumping up and yelling in joy.

And it was really Budd that turned me off to the movie. He's just so awful. Though the fight between Beatrix and Elle was rather epic I'll admit.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 12:48:08 AM
At 7/3/2012 12:45:52 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:41:34 AM, tvellalott wrote:

I saw the trailer seeing Prometheus. The trailer came on and as soon as I saw it was Tarantino I had to keep myself from jumping up and yelling in joy.

And it was really Budd that turned me off to the movie. He's just so awful. Though the fight between Beatrix and Elle was rather epic I'll admit.

What didn't you like about Budd?

Muh threads
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:15:12 AM
At 7/3/2012 12:48:08 AM, tvellalott wrote:

I dunno. The character wasn't really developed like O-ren (all her actions are explained pretty nicely by her origin segment), nor did he have a very interesting situation like Vernita i.e. the god damned kid walks in during the fight, giving us pretty good depth into her character based on her reactions while Budd just works at a strip-club. Boring. Elle by herself is freaking crazy (also vindictive, cold hearted, with a touch of inferiority complex based on Bill's relationship to Beatrix), basically the ultimate b1tch. And where would I start with Bill?

Basically, my thought is that each other main character is beautifully developed and has at least a few angles put in to their character. Budd is basically the only one lacking this. He's just a good for nothing, lazy, greedy redneck. And since Vol. 2 spent upwards of a third of the movie focused on him, it really drew away from the quality. I'd say though after he died the movie got much better what with Elle and Beatrix's duel, Esteban's awesome scene, and of course the confrontation with Bill.
:
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 6:39:14 PM
At 7/3/2012 1:15:12 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:48:08 AM, tvellalott wrote:

I dunno. The character wasn't really developed like O-ren (all her actions are explained pretty nicely by her origin segment), nor did he have a very interesting situation like Vernita i.e. the god damned kid walks in during the fight, giving us pretty good depth into her character based on her reactions while Budd just works at a strip-club. Boring. Elle by herself is freaking crazy (also vindictive, cold hearted, with a touch of inferiority complex based on Bill's relationship to Beatrix), basically the ultimate b1tch. And where would I start with Bill?

Basically, my thought is that each other main character is beautifully developed and has at least a few angles put in to their character. Budd is basically the only one lacking this. He's just a good for nothing, lazy, greedy redneck. And since Vol. 2 spent upwards of a third of the movie focused on him, it really drew away from the quality. I'd say though after he died the movie got much better what with Elle and Beatrix's duel, Esteban's awesome scene, and of course the confrontation with Bill.

So you didn't like Budd... That's understandable. I didn't particularly like him as a character...
But that's entirely the point, I think. He's not meant to be likeable. He's supposed to show contrast between the Deadly Vipers. O-Ren and Budd were 'equal' at the time of the Wedding but she went on to create a crime empire while he just became a drop kick.

I have a feeling that Kill Bill V3 will explore their (Budd and Bill) more.

You know about Kill Bill V3, right?

Muh threads
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 12:01:23 PM
I'd be more excited for Jamie Foxx to do another "Wanda" (In Living Color) skit.

Quentin Tarantino should cast more southern actors to play roles requiring thick, southern accents.

I'ma rock yo world.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 7:10:59 PM
At 7/3/2012 6:39:14 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:15:12 AM, socialpinko wrote:

So you didn't like Budd... That's understandable. I didn't particularly like him as a character...
But that's entirely the point, I think. He's not meant to be likeable. He's supposed to show contrast between the Deadly Vipers. O-Ren and Budd were 'equal' at the time of the Wedding but she went on to create a crime empire while he just became a drop kick.

I have a feeling that Kill Bill V3 will explore their (Budd and Bill) more.

You know about Kill Bill V3, right?

His character was to me just more boring and not well explored at all. Plus it's a pain to see Michael Madsen be so awful when he was so awesome in Reservoir Dogs. And I've heard about V3 before but really just that Tarantino is planning it. Not much about what it will actually be about.
:
Oak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 2:37:51 AM
This film is the one I have been most hyped about, after Rises and Hobbit. I'm really excited about the cast also. Tarantino have never dissapointed me and I'm pretty sure he'll never will either.
tarkovsky
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 12:40:32 PM

Tarantino is one of the most overrated directors in the industry. Albeit he can be a good director (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction), but he seems to become too caught up in himself, his own directorial presence. His films are almost parodies of themselves nowadays. Not excited for Django in the least.

Go see The Master, there's something to be excited about.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 12:20:58 PM
At 7/5/2012 7:10:59 PM, socialpinko wrote:
His character was to me just more boring and not well explored at all. Plus it's a pain to see Michael Madsen be so awful when he was so awesome in Reservoir Dogs. And I've heard about V3 before but really just that Tarantino is planning it. Not much about what it will actually be about.

I really don't think his character was boring in the slightest. And I am honestly appalled that you didn't like the movie simply because of his character.

Up until that Point, Beatrix was devoloping "snow white syndrome" with her character, having easily blasted through both O-Renn Ishii, and Vernita Green.

In Vol.2 she is finally presented with a challenge as she is thrown into a grave stuck trying to figure her way out, when it seems all hope is lost. Budd's character is also played up a little when they show him being a push over to his boss, trying to enact "sympathy" for the man in the viewers, however you get to see really how much of a sick pig the man really is afterwords.

I dunno, I just dis-agree with you. I don't find anything "boring" about his character.

Does beatrix have to be fighting 88 asian warriors at all times in order to keep the movie interesting?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 12:22:55 PM

Yeah it will definitely be good. Another tale of good ol' revenge. It takes a certain person to like Quentin Tarantino movies. You have to be able to see the art in them. The decadent, extravagent, humorous and dirty art that is reknowned, and so often attempted to copy by other directors, all in whom fail miserably in Tarantino's wake.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227