Jump to topic:

Transformers 3

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 6:24:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This movie wasn't particularly good, but it was ok.. Not horrible, but not great by any means... just meh..

But anyways...

At about the 30 minute mark you can see an eagle eye view of my neighborhood, and the Art Museum I go to occasionally... Shia Labeouf and whoever the leading woman is, are hanging out in a couple scenes inside the museum (which is really cool to see a person, so do that if you are ever in Milwaukee) and outside it where I've hung out a bunch of times and is only several blocks away from my home..

...Clearly not enough movies are filmed in Milwaukee haha

But we did have Happy days, and Lavern and Shirley.. and a couple scenes from the original Blues Brothers movie.. and Major League was filmed at Milwaukee County Stadium... But it's been awhile..

I kinda recall when it was filmed, hearing the news that it was happening.. But I forgot and lost interest in seeing the movie. But when I finally did see it a few days ago, I was just watching and like, "OMG! That's my hood! Holy cheese!"

So, if for no other reason, see Transformers 3 to check out my neighborhood...

Anyone else have a similar surprise experience of seeing a place they are really familiar with in a movie?
Debate.org Moderator
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 6:27:50 PM
I remember in some movie they mentioned my hometown of Valporaiso....and the Public Enemy movie was filmed really close, we actually got on TV with an actor, not a major one, but it was cool.

And my aunt got to shake Johnny Depps hand.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 6:37:45 PM
At 7/10/2012 6:27:50 PM, OberHerr wrote:
I remember in some movie they mentioned my hometown of Valporaiso....and the Public Enemy movie was filmed really close, we actually got on TV with an actor, not a major one, but it was cool.

And my aunt got to shake Johnny Depps hand.

Sounds very cool... Your aunt must have been pretty exciting to meet Johnny Deep..

Parts of Public Enemy were actually shot in Milwaukee at the theater right across the street from the apartment building I was living in at the time.. just several blocks away from me now..

I saw the movie, but couldn't make out any Milwaukee stuff unfortunately... I believe an early bank robbery scene is what was filmed here.. but no outdoor stuff.
Debate.org Moderator
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 6:42:47 PM
At 7/10/2012 6:24:47 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
This movie wasn't particularly good, but it was ok.. Not horrible, but not great by any means... just meh..

Watched it on the flight to America... it was worse than even Revenge of the Fallen. Did you know they're making a new Transformers trilogy?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 6:47:26 PM
That sounds awesome.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 6:48:25 PM
At 7/10/2012 6:47:26 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
That sounds awesome.

I hope you're trolling.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 6:58:24 PM
At 7/10/2012 6:42:47 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 7/10/2012 6:24:47 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Watched it on the flight to America... it was worse than even Revenge of the Fallen. Did you know they're making a new Transformers trilogy?

The movies make a lot of money, so I'm not surprised..
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 6:59:52 PM
At 7/10/2012 6:48:25 PM, MouthWash wrote:
That sounds awesome.

I hope you're trolling.

I don't think he is referring to the quality of the film... but he could be.. I can't tell what people mean quite often in the forums
Debate.org Moderator
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:04:35 PM
At 7/10/2012 6:59:52 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
That sounds awesome.

I hope you're trolling.

I don't think he is referring to the quality of the film... but he could be.. I can't tell what people mean quite often in the forums

Oh god no. I think those movies are horrible lol.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:16:23 PM
"Bring long lost Autobot back to life! Oh no, the Autobot was a traitor! He has an evil plan to take over the world with the Decepticons! Bang! Smash! Blam! Skyscrapers getting knocked over! Sam beats up the douchebag who worked with them and saves the day! Optimus kills the bad guys! Hooray!" ~the plot.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:17:11 PM
At 7/10/2012 7:16:23 PM, MouthWash wrote:
"Bring long lost Autobot back to life! Oh no, the Autobot was a traitor! He has an evil plan to take over the world with the Decepticons! Bang! Smash! Blam! Skyscrapers getting knocked over! Sam beats up the douchebag who worked with them and saves the day! Optimus kills the bad guys! Hooray!" ~the plot.

You should thank me. I just saved three hours of your life.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:18:15 PM

Might wana give a spoiler alert haha

Btw, I don't think anyone is claiming it was even a decent movie, so ur preaching to the choir.. but it features my neighborhood, so I think it has some redeeming value..
Debate.org Moderator
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:20:57 PM
At 7/10/2012 7:18:15 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Btw, I don't think anyone is claiming it was even a decent movie, so ur preaching to the choir.. but it features my neighborhood, so I think it has some redeeming value..

Those three hours are three hours closer to death.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:23:27 PM
At 7/10/2012 7:20:57 PM, MouthWash wrote:

Every 3 hours is 3 hours closer to death..

...Especially if you are flying on ELAL :P
Debate.org Moderator
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:24:36 PM
At 7/10/2012 7:04:35 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
That sounds awesome.

I hope you're trolling.

lol ....as any person of sound mind would.

Did someone say they're making another trilogy? Sounds painful. I feel bad for Shia Leboufs career.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:27:31 PM
At 7/10/2012 7:24:36 PM, Oryus wrote:
That sounds awesome.

I hope you're trolling.

Did someone say they're making another trilogy? Sounds painful. I feel bad for Shia Leboufs career.

Oh, gimme a break, he'll be fine. He's a sexy beast, that looks good next to sexy girls, and he can run, and make it look intense and cool

That's all it really takes to be a action movie star.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:30:55 PM
At 7/10/2012 7:27:31 PM, OberHerr wrote:
That sounds awesome.

I hope you're trolling.

Oh, gimme a break, he'll be fine. He's a sexy beast, that looks good next to sexy girls, and he can run, and make it look intense and cool

That's all it really takes to be a action movie star.

Oh yeah, Shia will be fine. But his career will be a larger and sadder sack of shite movies. lol

He is cute though. I'll grant that. I don't know that he is in Megan Fox's league looks-wise but I can vouch for his running. He is good at looking back with fear and shock in such a way that makes you think, "damn. I really hope he doesn't trip right now."
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:38:31 PM

Shia Labeouf will not be in the next trilogy.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:39:34 PM
At 7/10/2012 7:23:27 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Flew on Delta. What's wrong with El Al?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:46:12 PM
At 7/10/2012 7:39:34 PM, MouthWash wrote:

Oh, well Delta is ok... Very little leg room compared to other airlines I've been on, maybe is just the effect of being on a 14 hour flight.. but everything else about it is great... Nice staff, and top notch security.. But the lack of leg room drives me crazy, and they seem to also buy the worst of the worst in-flight movies...

Joking aside, El Al is fine.. I just hate flying international and all my flights into Israel have been on El Al...
Debate.org Moderator
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 8:04:27 PM
At 7/10/2012 7:46:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Oh, well Delta is ok... Very little leg room compared to other airlines I've been on, maybe is just the effect of being on a 14 hour flight.. but everything else about it is great... Nice staff, and top notch security.. But the lack of leg room drives me crazy, and they seem to also buy the worst of the worst in-flight movies...

Joking aside, El Al is fine.. I just hate flying international and all my flights into Israel have been on El Al...

My father works at Delta so we essentially fly for free. 90% of the time we get first class (the chairs go down 360 degrees- they really are beds!), and there is way more selection for movies now.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 8:25:48 PM
At 7/10/2012 8:04:27 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 7/10/2012 7:46:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

My father works at Delta so we essentially fly for free. 90% of the time we get first class (the chairs go down 360 degrees- they really are beds!), and there is way more selection for movies now.

I use Delta when I fly down to Atlanta.. it's a nice airline.. I should consider using it for international flights.. my knees might last longer then
Debate.org Moderator
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:07:13 PM
My big claim to fame in Providence RI was in Dumb and Dumber when they were driving down the highway and went past the giant bug. It's a giant insect (a fly I think) that advertises for, I believe, a pest control company. I've been in Green Bay for the last 15 years though so I guess I relate more to the OP now (1.5 hr away from Milltown).
Rob