Jump to topic:

Breaking Bad Season 5

johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 3:52:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Season 5 starts today! I have been looking forward to this and the new Batman movie all summer.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 3:23:13 AM
They are making Walter *evil* this season. Like, pure evil.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 1:39:44 PM
At 7/16/2012 3:23:13 AM, bluesteel wrote:

Hes always been evil.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 10:18:35 PM
I REALLY wanted to get into this show, having seen an episode or so but having no idea what was going on so I couldn't get invested, and then last weekend I was watching a movie on AMC and it cut to commercial and the door blew off a room and an alarm went of and that black guy came stumbling out and HOLY MOTHER FVCKING JESUS HE'S MISSING HALF OF HIS HEAD and then he straightens his tie and then dies.

Speaking as an video game playing, movie watching American teenager, that was the single most damaging image I have ever seen in my life and I am starting to think that the show might be too hard core for me. Seriously, that was the first time in my life that ANY violence in a movie/TV show has been too much for me too handle. EVER. I watched it again today with some friends to see if maybe it wasn't as bad I had thought and... yeah it was just as bad as I had thought.

Was that just a rare shock moment to underline a major turning point in the story, or is that business as usual on the show?
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 7:32:41 PM
At 7/17/2012 10:18:35 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
I REALLY wanted to get into this show, having seen an episode or so but having no idea what was going on so I couldn't get invested, and then last weekend I was watching a movie on AMC and it cut to commercial and the door blew off a room and an alarm went of and that black guy came stumbling out and HOLY MOTHER FVCKING JESUS HE'S MISSING HALF OF HIS HEAD and then he straightens his tie and then dies.

Speaking as an video game playing, movie watching American teenager, that was the single most damaging image I have ever seen in my life and I am starting to think that the show might be too hard core for me. Seriously, that was the first time in my life that ANY violence in a movie/TV show has been too much for me too handle. EVER. I watched it again today with some friends to see if maybe it wasn't as bad I had thought and... yeah it was just as bad as I had thought.

Was that just a rare shock moment to underline a major turning point in the story, or is that business as usual on the show?

Ummm, it's pretty full on. That was a HUGE moment in the show though... and if you saw that when you haven't even watched any of the episodes than one of the biggest, most tense moments of the show has been ruined...

ANYWAY, I watched the first episode of S05 and I must say, I wasn't disappointed. Looks like it will be an epic final season. I'm not sure about the science regarding the magnets and the laptop; I'm pretty sure MythBusters busted it as a myth.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 7:33:03 PM

>:)

Muh threads
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 9:28:10 PM
At 7/18/2012 7:32:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Ummm, it's pretty full on. That was a HUGE moment in the show though... and if you saw that when you haven't even watched any of the episodes than one of the biggest, most tense moments of the show has been ruined...

ANYWAY, I watched the first episode of S05 and I must say, I wasn't disappointed. Looks like it will be an epic final season. I'm not sure about the science regarding the magnets and the laptop; I'm pretty sure MythBusters busted it as a myth.

I'm watching the season 1 now, I'm up to episode 3 and it's awesome. I'm definitely sticking with it.

johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 9:32:32 PM

Walter White is so smart, he can break the laws of science.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 11:24:16 AM
This is the first season I'm watching Live, and having watched the first four seasons on blu-ray, I cannot stand the commercial breaks. Damn HBO for not picking up this show when it was pitched.
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 12:44:18 PM
At 7/18/2012 9:28:10 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

I'm watching the season 1 now, I'm up to episode 3 and it's awesome. I'm definitely sticking with it.

Good. It really is an amazing show, don't let the gore ruin it for you. Lots of people die, but there are only about three pretty gruesome scenes that I can think of off the top of my head. One is done in a really really really sick manner. I'm sure anyone who has seen the show can tell which one I'm talking about, but yeah. Just look away or something if it bothers you, the story is so good.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 1:28:21 PM
I'm at the end of season 3 right now and season 4 is on Netflix so I'll be caught up to season 5 pretty soon. Problem is those dickholes at DirecTv dropped AMC so I'm not sure how I'll be watching the final season atm.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 1:36:58 PM
At 7/21/2012 1:28:21 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'm at the end of season 3 right now and season 4 is on Netflix so I'll be caught up to season 5 pretty soon. Problem is those dickholes at DirecTv dropped AMC so I'm not sure how I'll be watching the final season atm.

You mean Dish?
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 3:21:08 PM

1channel man.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 4:17:46 PM
Okay, I think I'm going to just DVR the show, then watch it from 11pm-12am (ET). Then I can fast-forward the commercials and still not hear people spoil it before I see it.

I will try it tonight.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 6:41:51 PM

Give me a buzz if you want to learn how to use torrents. It's really easy, relatively safe (if you know what you're doing) and new episodes of popular shows are usually up within an hour or two. Breaking Bad episodes are generally up by 1pm on the Monday for me (which is almost immediately after the episode first airs in the states)

Muh threads
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 11:10:09 AM

They started doing that in season 4.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 11:11:18 AM

Go to www.tubeplus.me

you can watch them all for free mate.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 11:49:58 AM
At 7/21/2012 12:44:18 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 7/18/2012 9:28:10 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

Good. It really is an amazing show, don't let the gore ruin it for you. Lots of people die, but there are only about three pretty gruesome scenes that I can think of off the top of my head. One is done in a really really really sick manner. I'm sure anyone who has seen the show can tell which one I'm talking about, but yeah. Just look away or something if it bothers you, the story is so good.

Like I said, I've always been able to take any amount of gore, it's just that those few seconds of Gus without a face really got to me for some reason. By comparison, the bathtub acid scene did not bother me one bit. I thought it was hilarious!

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 1:49:07 PM
@tv

I don't know about the laptop flying at the wall, but unless he had a solid state drive, his hard drive could be corrupted using strong magnets. Normal hard drives use magnetic coding to store their 1's and 0's

re: violence

That scene where his face falls off was pretty gruesome, but you can't exactly have the same shock value without it. The whole point of that scene is that you're thinking that Walter is *screwed* and is going to be killed. This is his *last ditch effort* and you're supposed to think for a second that it failed. Until you see that it succeeded. A good television show should evoke strong emotions and not necessarily good ones. People want horror movies specifically to evoke *bad* emotions. Women watch tearjerkers to evoke feelings of heartbreak.

How good something is depends on its ability to evoke emotions, not whether those emotions are good. Disgust is a normal reaction to extreme gore.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 9:52:16 AM
At 7/24/2012 1:49:07 PM, bluesteel wrote:
@tv

I don't know about the laptop flying at the wall, but unless he had a solid state drive, his hard drive could be corrupted using strong magnets. Normal hard drives use magnetic coding to store their 1's and 0's

re: violence

That scene where his face falls off was pretty gruesome, but you can't exactly have the same shock value without it. The whole point of that scene is that you're thinking that Walter is *screwed* and is going to be killed. This is his *last ditch effort* and you're supposed to think for a second that it failed. Until you see that it succeeded. A good television show should evoke strong emotions and not necessarily good ones. People want horror movies specifically to evoke *bad* emotions. Women watch tearjerkers to evoke feelings of heartbreak.

How good something is depends on its ability to evoke emotions, not whether those emotions are good. Disgust is a normal reaction to extreme gore.

I'm also caught up with the show. I remember when his face was blown off, at first I was like, "WHAT?" How did he live? I remember my reaction. lol.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 10:10:12 AM
To watch this show, is the only time that I watch television.

I will be increasing my viewership for Boardwalk Empire.

I so thought that Skyler was gonna crack and tell her sister.

I can't believe Walter went and told her that Skyler had an affair.

But, then again, I can understand his sentiments about that, given the bastid ended up with his wife's pvssy and all his money.

Walter will one day kill that man, guaranteed. Lol, who wouldn't? Just thinking that kind of pisses me off.

I'm warming up to whatshisface, the drug addict. For three seasons straight, I hated his idiotic asss.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 10:21:51 AM
At 8/1/2012 10:10:12 AM, Ren wrote:

But, then again, I can understand his sentiments about that, given the bastid ended up with his wife's pvssy and all his money.

Walter will one day kill that man, guaranteed. Lol, who wouldn't? Just thinking that kind of pisses me off.

I'm warming up to whatshisface, the drug addict. For three seasons straight, I hated his idiotic asss.

Jessie?
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 2:10:25 PM
At 8/1/2012 10:21:51 AM, Contra wrote:
At 8/1/2012 10:10:12 AM, Ren wrote:

Jessie?

Lol yeah.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 6:36:22 PM
At 7/24/2012 1:49:07 PM, bluesteel wrote:

For the most part I agree with this statement.

I know you are a fan of dexter as well. Me and my buds often argue to which show is better, and why.

I was wondering if you had an opinion on which is better, Dexter or Breaking bad?

(I know they are completely different shows in plot, but the concept is almost the same, as you got two really smart dudes trying to avoid being caught by their families, and the police using their knowledge to help them. Almost the same with the mentalist, kind of.)
Ultra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 10:26:17 AM
Did anyone here watch Sunday's episode? My God, the last fifteen minutes were intense.

"I'm waiting for the cancer to come back."
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 7:11:20 PM
At 8/7/2012 10:26:17 AM, Ultra wrote:
Did anyone here watch Sunday's episode? My God, the last fifteen minutes were intense.

I know, right?!?!

It appears as though they're setting it up so that his family is replaced, almost.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 7:58:07 PM
At 8/7/2012 7:11:20 PM, Ren wrote:

I know, right?!?!

It appears as though they're setting it up so that his family is replaced, almost.

Unfortunately, I have yet to download this episode on my iPod.

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 12:52:23 PM

That episode made me want to kill myself. Breaking bad is too depressing. Go watch dexter, its way better.
Ultra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 10:41:40 PM
At 8/8/2012 12:52:23 PM, TUF wrote:

That episode made me want to kill myself. Breaking bad is too depressing. Go watch dexter, its way better.

That episode made you want to kill yourself? What about the latest episode, "Dead Freight?" I was honestly screaming at my TV when Todd shot the kid... Jesus. "Dead Freight" was probably my favorite episode of the entire show.