Jump to topic:

Emmys

USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 1:31:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Not that I really care, but the few shows I watch are up for Emmys this year. For gits and shiggles, I'll list some categories and my predictions / hopefuls.

Feel free to add your own.

Here is the list of nominees, for reference: http://www.emmys.com...

COMEDY SERIES: Curb Your Enthusiasm is the funniest show on TV not named Parks and Recreation (which isn't nominated). That said, voters love Modern Family and 30 Rock. Thus, I predict either MF or 30R for the win.

Actor/Comedy: Jim Parsons is great, but this past season of BBT wasn't the best. I'd like to see Larry David win, but he probably won't because he isn't a trained actor (same with Louis C.K.). Voters consider that political BS. Thus, smart money is on Baldwin or Parsons; however, my prediction is Jon Cryer because voters will give him credit for getting through the Charlie Sheen/Ashton Kucher transition.

Actress/Comedy: Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation. It's her time, and she's the only one I truly watch and like from this list.

SActor/Comedy: Ty Burrell or Eric Stonestreet seem like shoe-ins, although the voters may give the nod to O'Neill for his lifetime of work. Entertainment award voters do that often. Of the nominees, Ty Burrell is my fav.

SActress/Comedy: I'm predicting Mayim Bialik or Julie Bowen. One of those two would be my vote, as well.

DRAMA SERIES: While I enjoy Game of Thrones, the second season wasn't as good as the first. I liked Season 3 of Breaking Bad better than Season 4, but I liked Season 1 of Downton Abbey better than Season 2. I'll go with Breaking Bad. Dark Horse: Downton Abbey.

Actress/Drama: Michelle Dockery, Downton Abbey. I haven't seen any of the other shows nominated.

Actor/Drama: It's tough to pick against Bryan Cranston. The only other nominee I've seen is Hugh Bonneville, and I doubt he's picked over Cranston.

SActress/Drama: Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey. She definitely deserves this.

SActor/Drama: This, by far, is the toughest category. Peter Dinklage is one of my favorite actors today because of GoT, but I would vote for Giancarlo Esposito here. From desperation and despair to murder and...the season finale, Gus Fring dominated Breaking Bad last season, and GE deserves his propers.