Jump to topic:

Sam and Dave

Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 8:35:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have an unnaturally specific question, so specific that I will be shocked if anyone can relate to my annoyance. But here it goes...

So I love Sam and Dave, they're just fuckin awesome. I have a CD compilation called Southern Soul, which is one of the first CD's I ever bought and first instilled in me a love of great music. Lately I've been looking up their songs on youtube to listen to when I'm surfing the web, and I've noticed something odd- the versions of the songs on the CD are very slightly different than every other version on the internet. In fact, they sound much better (however I'm pretty sure that that's only because I've always listened to the CD and I'm just used to the versions on there). There's no way for me to explain this odd phenomena unless any of you have that exact CD, but this is definitely not something I'm imagining. Every single song on the CD is a better sounding version (for me) than those on the internet. The pitch of their voices is more pleasant and in tune, the instruments are more vibrant sounding and the songs generally sound more lush, if you get what I mean.... So yeah. It's not even a problem, I'm listening to the CD on my computer right now, but I was just wondering if anyone could confirm that I'm not going insane (:
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 8:40:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oh and there are also parts in the songs where Dave yells or sings something in the background in the CD version that just aren't there in the other versions. And even though I keep referring to them as different versions, the songs still sound so similar that maybe they're all remixed or just fixed up versions...? That's my best guess...
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK