Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Bought a SNES

MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 6:21:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I bought an SNES off ebay with a bunch of games. Fvcking loving it, old games are awesome. Getting my butt kicked in Contra III is just as fun as it was when I was a youngster.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 6:23:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 7:03:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger are two of my favorite games of all time

You done good kid.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 8:27:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Buy an NES and get A Link To The Past.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 9:45:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/8/2012 6:21:06 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
I bought an SNES off ebay with a bunch of games. Fvcking loving it, old games are awesome. Getting my butt kicked in Contra III is just as fun as it was when I was a youngster.

You bought it so you could play it? Why?

Emulation is free, there's no reason to purchase consoles older than the PS2 to play games.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 9:46:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/8/2012 9:45:14 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 8/8/2012 6:21:06 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
I bought an SNES off ebay with a bunch of games. Fvcking loving it, old games are awesome. Getting my butt kicked in Contra III is just as fun as it was when I was a youngster.

You bought it so you could play it? Why?

Emulation is free, there's no reason to purchase consoles older than the PS2 to play games.

Playing the game like it was meant to be played-on a couch, with food and stuff-beats the dog crap out of emulation.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 12:50:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/8/2012 9:46:58 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 8/8/2012 9:45:14 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 8/8/2012 6:21:06 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
I bought an SNES off ebay with a bunch of games. Fvcking loving it, old games are awesome. Getting my butt kicked in Contra III is just as fun as it was when I was a youngster.

You bought it so you could play it? Why?

Emulation is free, there's no reason to purchase consoles older than the PS2 to play games.

Playing the game like it was meant to be played-on a couch, with food and stuff-beats the dog crap out of emulation.

You can do that with emulation. I play lots of old games with my laptop hooked up to the TV through HDMI. Although you do absolutely need a PS3/Xbox 360 controller. Emulation without a controller is the saddest, most pathetic thing ever.

I can understand buying an old console for nostalgia's sake, but other than that you're better off emulating.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 2:25:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 12:50:47 AM, Korashk wrote:
At 8/8/2012 9:46:58 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 8/8/2012 9:45:14 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 8/8/2012 6:21:06 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
I bought an SNES off ebay with a bunch of games. Fvcking loving it, old games are awesome. Getting my butt kicked in Contra III is just as fun as it was when I was a youngster.

You bought it so you could play it? Why?

Emulation is free, there's no reason to purchase consoles older than the PS2 to play games.

Playing the game like it was meant to be played-on a couch, with food and stuff-beats the dog crap out of emulation.

You can do that with emulation. I play lots of old games with my laptop hooked up to the TV through HDMI. Although you do absolutely need a PS3/Xbox 360 controller. Emulation without a controller is the saddest, most pathetic thing ever.

I can understand buying an old console for nostalgia's sake, but other than that you're better off emulating.

I just want a Sega CD to have a Sega CD.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 5:45:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 2:25:10 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 8/9/2012 12:50:47 AM, Korashk wrote:
At 8/8/2012 9:46:58 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 8/8/2012 9:45:14 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 8/8/2012 6:21:06 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
I bought an SNES off ebay with a bunch of games. Fvcking loving it, old games are awesome. Getting my butt kicked in Contra III is just as fun as it was when I was a youngster.

You bought it so you could play it? Why?

Emulation is free, there's no reason to purchase consoles older than the PS2 to play games.

Playing the game like it was meant to be played-on a couch, with food and stuff-beats the dog crap out of emulation.

You can do that with emulation. I play lots of old games with my laptop hooked up to the TV through HDMI. Although you do absolutely need a PS3/Xbox 360 controller. Emulation without a controller is the saddest, most pathetic thing ever.

I can understand buying an old console for nostalgia's sake, but other than that you're better off emulating.

I just want a Sega CD to have a Sega CD.

Exactly.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 6:20:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Emulators really are the way to go.
- emulators are free, buying a SNES and lots of games/controllers can get expensive
- all games versus limited games
- emulators last forever/don't break
- Emulators have expanded options, some of which make the games much more playable (e.g., unlimited ability to save)
- the only advantage of having the physical system is decoration, in which case it's still better to use the emulator because of the expanded options and you can keep your physical system in working order longer. I hook an XBox controller into my laptop and could port out the signal to a TV if I really wanted to.
Rob
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 7:17:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/8/2012 8:27:44 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Buy an NES and get A Link To The Past.

That's the SNES version, lol.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 7:18:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/8/2012 6:21:06 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
I bought an SNES off ebay with a bunch of games. Fvcking loving it, old games are awesome. Getting my butt kicked in Contra III is just as fun as it was when I was a youngster.

Get an emulator, so you don't have to worry about damaging the games. SNES games are actually going up in value as they become collectibles. Keep the games safe and play on the computer.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 1:09:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 9:13:05 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
Trust me, there is a huge difference between an emulator and playing the game like it was meant to be played.

I can attest to this.

I emulated an old GB Pokemon game on my PSP... not the same as the GameBoy
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:09:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 7:17:21 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/8/2012 8:27:44 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Buy an NES and get A Link To The Past.

That's the SNES version, lol.
I am sooooo smart.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
DirkBergurk
Posts: 32
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:11:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/8/2012 6:21:06 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
I bought an SNES off ebay with a bunch of games. Fvcking loving it, old games are awesome. Getting my butt kicked in Contra III is just as fun as it was when I was a youngster.

Right on with Contra III. That game rocks. Hope you have someone worthy to play with too. Great multi-player game.

You might also like Earthbound if you can find it. A lesser known RPG if you are into that.
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:33:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/10/2012 3:11:38 PM, DirkBergurk wrote:
At 8/8/2012 6:21:06 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
I bought an SNES off ebay with a bunch of games. Fvcking loving it, old games are awesome. Getting my butt kicked in Contra III is just as fun as it was when I was a youngster.

Right on with Contra III. That game rocks. Hope you have someone worthy to play with too. Great multi-player game.

You might also like Earthbound if you can find it. A lesser known RPG if you are into that.

Earthbound is a great game, but I am not paying $100 for it.