Jump to topic:

Curious MW3 Question

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 1:59:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So I just realized something strange that the game never really explains about it's plot and characters and it revovles around the character you get to play known as "Frost".

So, as long as you're on the missions with your Delta squad, you play as "Frost", and all that. But after the blown mission to grab Vorshevsky's daughter, you go to the joint mission in the Siberian diamond mines playing as Yuri with the Delta squad. My question is where is Frost? He's not with them there, and he didn't die on a previous mission. It's never really explained what happened to him, and I was curious to see if anyone else noticed it.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 3:16:06 PM
Frost is Ghost.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 3:39:49 PM
At 8/11/2012 3:16:06 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Frost is Ghost.

Can't be because Ghost is killed by Sheppard in MW2 (shot and then burned).
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 3:45:09 PM
At 8/11/2012 3:39:49 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Frost is Ghost.

I actually think that Ghost survived. He wasn't shot in a vital organ (Look at the part where he gets thrown down. The blood is right of his heart) and he didn't get any gas on him.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 4:03:32 PM
At 8/11/2012 3:45:09 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 8/11/2012 3:39:49 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Frost is Ghost.

I actually think that Ghost survived. He wasn't shot in a vital organ (Look at the part where he gets thrown down. The blood is right of his heart) and he didn't get any gas on him.

Y'know, that's actually an interesting theory, but I'm not sure how much credence I can give it. Given the action of a slug once it enter's the body and creates a shockwave inside the body, it was close enough to the heart to, even if it missed the heart itself, hit something else major (perhaps a lung or arterry). Also, you can see once the fire's kick up that fire's are spreading further to the left, where Ghost is laying. Also, I don't exactly remember a part where Ghost says "Why do we have to wear this fire proof vest?", but I haven't played it in a while so I may have to play it again and see if I catch it.

An interesting theory, but I still think Ghost is dead. I think CoD's designer was just screwing with IGM and that he's really still dead.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 4:11:49 PM
Also, Ghost=Gaz
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 5:41:39 PM
You two are having a discussion about the plot of a Call of Duty game. Alrighty then.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 6:37:34 PM
At 8/11/2012 5:41:39 PM, Korashk wrote:
You two are having a discussion about the plot of a Call of Duty game. Alrighty then.

I just like the cool accents. I actually hate Cod lol.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 11:27:08 PM
At 8/11/2012 4:11:49 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Also, Ghost=Gaz

Okay, Ghost can't be Gaz since Gaz was shot in the head. Definetely dead.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 11:28:35 PM

Oh come now. You know you want to join in.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 1:27:27 AM
At 8/11/2012 11:28:35 PM, Zaradi wrote:

I've never played a FPS outside of a social setting, and the only ones I play in social settings are Halo 2 and 3. I'm against the genre on principle because the majority of them sacrifice well-written narratives and innovative gameplay for multiplayer options and barely noticeable graphics upgrades.

The only one I can think of that I might ever play is Borderlands.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 3:48:35 AM
At 8/12/2012 1:27:27 AM, Korashk wrote:

I've never played a FPS outside of a social setting, and the only ones I play in social settings are Halo 2 and 3. I'm against the genre on principle because the majority of them sacrifice well-written narratives and innovative gameplay for multiplayer options and barely noticeable graphics upgrades.

Generally true on a whole-scale, but you can't really blame them too much since that's where they get the bulk of the gamer population from. If the majority of their buyers were playing solely the campaign, you can guarentee plot and graphics would be on the top of their agenda.

I actually heard (from a game reviewer that despises online gameplay mind you), that Borderlands was absolute sh!t, so you might wanna be careful. Then again, this same game reviewer hates nearly every video game (except Portal, Saints Row 2, and something else I can't remember.)
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 4:02:32 AM
At 8/12/2012 3:48:35 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Generally true on a whole-scale, but you can't really blame them too much since that's where they get the bulk of the gamer population from. If the majority of their buyers were playing solely the campaign, you can guarentee plot and graphics would be on the top of their agenda.

I actually heard (from a game reviewer that despises online gameplay mind you), that Borderlands was absolute sh!t, so you might wanna be careful. Then again, this same game reviewer hates nearly every video game (except Portal, Saints Row 2, and something else I can't remember.)

Yeah.. You really got to be into the multiplayer elements to find FPSs worthwhile these days, which I'm generally not. I used to like them when I was younger especially the COD series, until it became a multiplayer-centric series.

But I rally enjoyed borderlands for it's single player and multiplayer and strongly recommend it. I'm very much looking forward to borderlands 2, and if it just more of the same, I'll be perfectly happy with it.
Debate.org Moderator
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 12:16:41 PM
At 8/12/2012 4:02:32 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/12/2012 3:48:35 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Yeah.. You really got to be into the multiplayer elements to find FPSs worthwhile these days, which I'm generally not. I used to like them when I was younger especially the COD series, until it became a multiplayer-centric series.

But I rally enjoyed borderlands for it's single player and multiplayer and strongly recommend it. I'm very much looking forward to borderlands 2, and if it just more of the same, I'll be perfectly happy with it.

Yeah, the only FPS multiplayer I actually like is the battlefield series.

Borderlands got VERY boring near the end, but I did play it to death.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 12:17:13 PM
At 8/11/2012 11:27:08 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 8/11/2012 4:11:49 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Also, Ghost=Gaz

Okay, Ghost can't be Gaz since Gaz was shot in the head. Definetely dead.

Lol they are the same person.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush