Jump to topic:

Julia Childs Vs. Rachael Ray

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 9:47:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I actually watched this whole thing... http://www.wimp.com...

Julia Childs was sort of the original female celebrity chef. I Just wanted to comment on how our culture has changed... this woman would not qualify for the job she was legendary at nowadays, because she's simply not attractive and never was attractive enough to survive in today's entertainment industry. Now we have Rachael Ray, who, let's be honest, is popular not because of her culinary expertise but because of her perfect smile. It's kind of sad if you think about it...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 10:54:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It is sad indeed, but that can be applied to just about every aspect of the entertainment industry. There are only a few people who overcome certain stigmas to achieve mainstream success. For instance Adele is very successful despite the fact that she is overweight compared to most celebrity singers. I do think it's interesting though that athletes don't have to be good looking in order to be revered for their talent over aesthetics. They're judged solely on their skill. That isn't the case with other famous professions. My stepdad likes to joke around that only really ugly people are good at guitar, because they had nothing better to do than practice growing up rather than getting dates with girls.
President of DDO