Total Posts:79|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Dexter

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 10:51:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Warning: SPOILER ALERT.

I remember there was a Dexter thread awhile back, but don't feel like looking for it. Anyway, I'm finally all caught up through the season 6 finale... holy balls! The last 2 episodes were CRAZY! I totally did not see that coming (the thing with Debra) but now it makes perfect sense. I wonder if the writers always had in mind that they were going to go there with this story line. I wonder if it's part of the books, or was just created for TV drama. The reason I say that is because I'm starting to re-watch the show from season 1, and in some scenes I can already pick up on the tension between Deb and Dexter. However they were also married in real life (before he cheated on her with Julia Stiles from season 5), so maybe that's the tension I'm picking up on...? Anyway, let me also just say that after season 5 I totally started to have a crush on Debra. I dunno why. I'm DYING to see what happens with her 2 new revelations about Dexter - ahh!
President of DDO
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 2:02:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am equally as excited. Me and my girlfriend have been watching this show intensely, and just finished season 6 last week. We are insanely addicted to it. The show far exceeds any other show we have watched in quality.
Unfortunately I will be in basic, when the new season comes out. But the Deb finding out dexters secret thing, is going to be a big plot twist. I am excited to see what happens. I'll have to go check out the trailer now. I am morbidly curious.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 2:06:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

Doing a dexter debate now lol.

Where is bluesteel? I am sure he will have a bit to say on this topic.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 2:09:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My favorite seasons of dexter would probably have to be Seasons 2 (definitely) 4, and 6.

Here are my two favorite scenes from the show.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 2:14:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And Deb is in love with Dexter... wtf?! Keep in mind, she doesn't know that they are technically biologically related (at least I don't think she knows that Harry was really Dexter's father too, right?!) I wonder what's going to happen with that now that she finds out. The trailer makes it seem as if Dexter's gonna turn full on bad guy which will change his somewhat heroic vigilante image. Ahh! I can't believe I have to wait more than a month lol FML. I also prefer to watch it by season, and now I'll have to watch episode by episode. Grr. I'm still ridic excited though :)
President of DDO
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 2:16:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/17/2012 2:11:50 PM, Danielle wrote:


Holy flaming... I really do not want to miss this!!!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 2:22:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/17/2012 2:14:33 PM, Danielle wrote:
And Deb is in love with Dexter... wtf?! Keep in mind, she doesn't know that they are technically biologically related (at least I don't think she knows that Harry was really Dexter's father too, right?!)

In season 5 I think Deb found out about Laura Moser being his real mother. I am not sure whether she knows they belong to the same father or not yet though. Either way... It's pretty creepy lol.

I wonder what's going to happen with that now that she finds out. The trailer makes it seem as if Dexter's gonna turn full on bad guy which will change his somewhat heroic vigilante image.

It's a pretty exciting concept. I can see dexter becoming a full out bad guy. He has killed innocents before without regret (That creepy photographer guy, Miguel Prada, etc.)

I wouldn't neccesarily be opposed to it. All his loose ends are pretty much tied up. Cody and Astor no longer have much to do with him, Rita is dead, Deb is really the only other person he is super connected to that would be a road block in him becoming a full fledged serial killer. I kind of like the concept of him only killing bad guys though, and I think that is the rising idea for the shows popularity, so I think the trailed might be a bit mis-leading there. He has questioned Harry's code in other seasons, without actually carrying through with it. The killing of innocents is too strong of a concept for them to just implement in contrast to the rest of the seasons.

Ahh! I can't believe I have to wait more than a month lol FML. I also prefer to watch it by season, and now I'll have to watch episode by episode. Grr. I'm still ridic excited though :)

Me too.. I will have to wait an extra 5 month to watch it unfortunately, and my girlfriend will be all caught up. I will also be missing the release of halo 4. Oh well I guess I will be able to come back, and watch all of them without having to wait inbetween.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Axiom
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 2:44:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I predict that Debra is going to end up initially wanting to turn Dexter in, but through some circumstance involving one of her cases (a bad guy that gets away that Dexter catches) she'll start to empathize with his crusade. They'll play it out as an emotional struggle, when we all know in the end that Dexter won't be caught.

Also, Yvonne Strahovski is going to be a new protagonist for the show. (She is Sarah from the tv series Chuck and from Killer Elite.) I bet it'll be a similiar story line or story type to Lumen's. But this time I think Debra may be in on it with Dexter to help her.

But I agree that the season finale was incredible. Simply amazing. Left me stunned and pissed that I had to wait half a year to see any more. Thankfully, the wait is almost up!!!

(I think Yvonne Strahovski may play a female serial killer. That might be an interesting take. So that Dexter can actually grow close to someone who participates in the same vigilantism he does.) I miss Rita. They need some more romance. :P
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 3:01:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/17/2012 2:44:30 PM, Axiom wrote:
(I think Yvonne Strahovski may play a female serial killer. That might be an interesting take

I agree.

I miss Rita. They need some more romance. :P

I liked Rita, but I didn't like how she crowded too much of his killing life.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2012 10:30:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Rita was a good character but ultimately the show could do without her.

I was unsure as to how to respond to Dexter's sexcapade with Lumen. I think the show did the right thing in having Lumen leave the way she did, with her dark passenger gone. It's very clear that Dexter is severely inhibited in his capacity to love other people. He would feel bad if anything were to happen to them, anger for sure and perhaps even sadness, but his ability to love in itself is questionable. Harrison is the only character right now who Dexter might love, and perhaps maybe Deb... maybe.

Don't forget about the hot pyro he got with in season 2 (at least I think he hooked up with her - I don't remember). I don't think romance is in the cards for this show and I'm okay with that. That's not the purpose of the show/books at ALL, but since it's important to audiences, I think the writers are doing a good job of keeping a romantic tension between at least some characters on the show (Deb and her various boyfriends, Dex and Lumen, LaGuerta and Batista, etc.) to fulfill that.

I'm very intrigued by the good vs. evil dichotomy they explore on the show. There also seems to be a motif of light vs. darkness which we saw a lot in season 6 but has been questioned a lot throughout the show. They talk a lot about how the lines between good and evil are blurred, and there is no black and white. In addition to Dexter we've seen other characters deal with this as well such as LaGuerta. She is forced to make tough decisions that aren't always by the book but may be in the overall best interest of everyone around her. She's criticized a lot for it. And now Deb will be put in a position to make a tough choice and the blurred lines between right and wrong will come up again...

Is Dexter selfish, a hero or both? On one hand he's likable because he kills bad guys. But on the other hand, he works for Miami Metro so he could easily use his detective powers for good rather than obsess over killing them himself. Many times he has competed with Miami Metro in order to get to the killers first so that he could have his way with them. Remembering Dexter's mental illness (or whatever it is) that compels him to kill is important, and I think the show is doing a great job of keeping that balance and making Dexter likable but not TOO likable.

That's the #1 reason I'm excited about the season 7 trailer. I feel like EVERYTHING is about to change. For one thing Deb knows about his killing so now he either has an accomplice or alibi - or someone wanting to turn him in (which I agree will be a huge struggle for her). For another, Dexter looks kinda EVIL in the s7 trailer which will make a lot of people root against him perhaps. Did I see it right when I noticed him stab Massouka with a needle? I mean, Massouka is one of people's favorite characters. It's one thing when Dex goes around kicking people's a$s whom are bad, but quite another when he jeopardizes other awesome characters from the show.

This is gonna be good :P
President of DDO
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2012 3:11:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/18/2012 10:30:34 AM, Danielle wrote:
Rita was a good character but ultimately the show could do without her.

Agreed.

I was unsure as to how to respond to Dexter's sexcapade with Lumen. I think the show did the right thing in having Lumen leave the way she did, with her dark passenger gone. It's very clear that Dexter is severely inhibited in his capacity to love other people. He would feel bad if anything were to happen to them, anger for sure and perhaps even sadness, but his ability to love in itself is questionable. Harrison is the only character right now who Dexter might love, and perhaps maybe Deb... maybe.

The show is mis-leading in that regaurd. As a sociopath, you assume he cannot love anyone. But he does care for others, and the show does make good on pointing that out. While he is narcissistic in heart, in physicality, he always puts others before him. It's not really a part of his code, it's just something I think he feels is right, and makes it sort of his own type of "code" seperate from Harry's. That's just a theory though. On the Lumen thing... She was an interesting character, but I was kind of glad she left, I couldn't really see her as a recurring character past season 5.

Don't forget about the hot pyro he got with in season 2 (at least I think he hooked up with her - I don't remember). I don't think romance is in the cards for this show and I'm okay with that. That's not the purpose of the show/books at ALL, but since it's important to audiences, I think the writers are doing a good job of keeping a romantic tension between at least some characters on the show (Deb and her various boyfriends, Dex and Lumen, LaGuerta and Batista, etc.) to fulfill that.

Actaully, having read a few of the books, I can say past the first one, none of them are even remotely similar to the T.V. show. They all have the same dark concepts, but the books take more of a comedic turn, rather than how the show focuses on the plot twists and the "wow" moments. I agree that the romance isn't really what makes the show interesting. I really though Rita was a good character to fit the 'romance' part. I thought she mixed in well with dexter. But ultimately, I like Dexter tracking down difficult kills and finding his way out of complicated situations better. Rita constantly calling him up and asking him to pick up diapers was a bit vexing as it intruded quite a bit on that. I had a feeling that she was going to end up dying, as soon as he got married to him at the end of season. Unfortunately, it was for the best.

I'm very intrigued by the good vs. evil dichotomy they explore on the show. There also seems to be a motif of light vs. darkness which we saw a lot in season 6 but has been questioned a lot throughout the show. They talk a lot about how the lines between good and evil are blurred, and there is no black and white. In addition to Dexter we've seen other characters deal with this as well such as LaGuerta. She is forced to make tough decisions that aren't always by the book but may be in the overall best interest of everyone around her. She's criticized a lot for it. And now Deb will be put in a position to make a tough choice and the blurred lines between right and wrong will come up again...

That's the very thing however, that makes the show interesting. The show makes you question the viewers morals. Let's be honest, outside of this show, knowing who dexter is and what he does, would honestly creep most people out. But his inclusion as the main character complicates that. We get to go inside the mind of a serial killer, see things from their supposed world. Dexter killing innocents (Innocent being subjective to murder only), should promote some sort of guilt. Dexter generally doesn't stray too long on his mis-kills though (The photographer, and oscar prada), because they are inherintly and arguably, 'bad people'. Dexter was on the verge of turning himself in though, in season 2. So it's kind of a toss up.

Is Dexter selfish, a hero or both? On one hand he's likable because he kills bad guys. But on the other hand, he works for Miami Metro so he could easily use his detective powers for good rather than obsess over killing them himself. Many times he has competed with Miami Metro in order to get to the killers first so that he could have his way with them. Remembering Dexter's mental illness (or whatever it is) that compels him to kill is important, and I think the show is doing a great job of keeping that balance and making Dexter likable but not TOO likable.

I find dexter very likable actually. Dexter is the reason that Miami metro homicide, has an extremely low solve rate. The sad thing is, the cops in that department are awesome, and end up solving the case every time, but dexter snakes them away before they can get to them to make an arrest. Dexter has plenty of resources that other can't use. The main one being able to sneak into peoples homes without a warrant to find the evidence he needs.

That's the #1 reason I'm excited about the season 7 trailer. I feel like EVERYTHING is about to change. For one thing Deb knows about his killing so now he either has an accomplice or alibi - or someone wanting to turn him in (which I agree will be a huge struggle for her). For another, Dexter looks kinda EVIL in the s7 trailer which will make a lot of people root against him perhaps. Did I see it right when I noticed him stab Massouka with a needle? I mean, Massouka is one of people's favorite characters. It's one thing when Dex goes around kicking people's a$s whom are bad, but quite another when he jeopardizes other awesome characters from the show.

To some extent, I hope the trailer is kind of bluffing. The season 2 trailer did something similar. I don't know how fond I would be of the concept of his entire world crashing down around him. For the most part, what dexter does is (Debatably) good. I would hate to see him fall and have all the characters and relationships crash because of this. I am hoping that Deb will end up going along with it, and have it be some secret between them, but that is a little naive, as the plot would be really hard to pick up from their. Either way, I am excited to see what happens just as equally.

This is gonna be good :P

Agreed.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Axiom
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2012 5:14:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
One thing I hope they don't do: is "heal" Dexter. If they tried, it would be in the very last part of the eigth season. I don't want them to make it so that he turns away from his dark passenger and is whole again. I don't think it'd do justice to the character.

I'd actually like to see an 'evil' dexter again. I don't like how much they've humanized him. Originally he wasn't supposed to feel emotion, but somehow he developed it. Now, I'm wondering if some form of estrangement from Deb will lead to his 'falling off the wagon'.

Also, I don't think Dexter is going to admit to being a serial Killer. I think he is going to only take credit for that one kill, but Deb is going to start prying... Honestly, she's going to either have to help him or she's going to end up dead. (not by Dexter's hands, but somehow in the show.)

And I think it's blood pouring from Mausuka's (sic) neck. Not just a needle wound.
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 2:51:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/18/2012 5:14:36 PM, Axiom wrote:
One thing I hope they don't do: is "heal" Dexter. If they tried, it would be in the very last part of the eigth season. I don't want them to make it so that he turns away from his dark passenger and is whole again. I don't think it'd do justice to the character.

They won't do that. They keep tempting and teasing the audience with it, but nothing more. First they had him connect with Lila, in attempt to stop him from killing, but that was just a ruse.

I'd actually like to see an 'evil' dexter again. I don't like how much they've humanized him. Originally he wasn't supposed to feel emotion, but somehow he developed it. Now, I'm wondering if some form of estrangement from Deb will lead to his 'falling off the wagon'.

I don't think they've humanized him that much. Several times throughout the show, he continuously says he cannot feel. He pretends to feign in with society. I don't think dexter has emotions though. This is seen when he doesn't even cry after the death of his wife. While he cares, and is shocked, he doesn't feel pain. I think Anger is the closest thing Dexter feels to emotion.

Also, I don't think Dexter is going to admit to being a serial Killer. I think he is going to only take credit for that one kill, but Deb is going to start prying... Honestly, she's going to either have to help him or she's going to end up dead. (not by Dexter's hands, but somehow in the show.)

Probably.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 12:59:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
lol @ TUF

I know seriously - where was I for this thread. I didn't see it until now.

As to the question: does Deb find out in the books, apparently she finds out right after Dexter saves her from Brian Moser. http://answers.yahoo.com...

The television series has finally caught up with the books in this regard, except:

I think what you guys are missing from the trailer is that Deb thinks that this is an *isolated incident.* It looks like it will take her quite a few episodes before realizing that Dexter must be the Bay Harbor Butcher (because they find a blood slide at the crime scene). I assume the show will milk her not realizing the full extent of Dexter's killing, at least for awhile. But I'm excited to see what happens when Deb finds out completely. I've wanted this plot twist to happen since Deb caught Dexter and Lumen killing Jordan Chase and then let them go. Deb seemed to endorse retributive murder, so her ethics system seems compatible with The Code.

I think it is interesting that she's "in love" with Dexter and doesn't know that Harry is actually his father. But I think her romantic love for Dexter will disappear immediately now that she knows he's a killer. I also think she will slowly unearth more about Dexter's past, which is how she will begin to relate to him better. Although it seems the major tension in the entire 7th Season will be Deb struggling with whether to turn Dexter in and Dexter still unable to control his urges, even if to ease Deb's discomfort.

The thing where he was killing Masuka is obviously a dream. The stuff with the "intern" is definitely real - that guy bought the ice truck killer prosthetic with the painted nails. He's obviously obsessed with Dexter and serial killers, but Dexter obviously needs him to back off.

Personally, I don't think Dexter will get darker this season. Dexter always seems to take lessons from things that are happening with his family, e.g. trying to find religion when considering a Catholic pre-school for Harrison. I think Deb finding out about him will change him in many ways. It may mellow him out, but he obviously can't control his urges. If you cut together clips from any Dexter season, you can make it seem like he is going to become more psychotic. After all, he's constantly killing people, and he's not always nice and relaxed about it.

As to Miami Homicide having a low solve rate - that's not Dexter's fault. Miami is notorious for having lots of murders and a low solve rate. The reason Dexter likes Miami is that he's free to go investigate old cases. But the city (in real life) also has a low solve rate. Sometimes Dexter tries to hinder the police force, but a lot of kills are also "cold cases."
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 1:03:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't miss Rita - she was boring.

And I didn't know Michael C. Hall slept with Julia Stiles. That must be AWKWARD on set.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 1:14:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I feel like they never have Dexter do anything on the show where the audience would think, "wow, that was evil." Everything he does, there's some mitigating factor. He's killing someone evil, so we root for him. With Brian Moser, by the time Dexter's kills him, we now longer feel any sympathy for Brian (because he tries to kill Deb). By the time Dex kills Trinity, we no longer feel ANY empathy towards Trinity (the show turned Trinity EVIL in regards to how he treated his family, and then the obvious audience hatred because of Rita). We understand completely why Dexter doesn't kill a nice family man before then. With Miguel Prado, his death seems wholly deserved - we have no mixed feelings about that, given his deception of Dexter. Each kill in the Lumen series is intensely gratifying. When Dex kills Lila (the pyro), he actually does it in a very muted way; they don't make it ceremonial because, in spite of everything, people still feel some mixed emotions towards her. She tried to kill Dexter, but it was motivated by some twisted form of love. Dexter kills her softly. And even when Dexter kills some random guy in some random bathroom, we're not meant to empathize with the victim. Not only does it feel justified, in a strange way, because the guy made an extremely rude comment to Dexter, but Dexter breaks down and finally grieves for Rita. So even Dexter's emotional state is sufficient to justify a kill, without generating moral disgust in audience members.

So it's hard for to believe that they will make Dexter evil. As soon as the audience can no longer relate to Dexter, the jig is up. Show over. Shows must have relatable characters. Even in Breaking Bad, in which the final season is supposed to make Walt eviler and eviler, he has still, so far, remained remarkably humanized.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 8:02:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
So it's hard for to believe that they will make Dexter evil. As soon as the audience can no longer relate to Dexter, the jig is up. Show over. Shows must have relatable characters. Even in Breaking Bad, in which the final season is supposed to make Walt eviler and eviler, he has still, so far, remained remarkably humanized.

This is the only thing I dis-agree with. I personally feel NO connection with Walt, and started dis liking him after season 2 more and more. My debate with contra I make a similar point to this. Dexter is better than breaking bad because.thy don't turn you against the protagonist. Did you watch the most recent episode of breaking bad? Any connection you have to walt will probably be lost after you watch it.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 2:20:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
holy f*ck, that was a good episode...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 3:41:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Just watched it.

Damn. I figured it would take 6 episodes for everything to come out, but they really didn't waste any time.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 2:18:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yeah, I'm glad they got to that right away. The show is going in an interesting direction.

Is it wrong that I really wanted the lab tech geek to die?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2012 3:01:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Man, this is getting more intense every week.

I kind of felt bad for Deb when he lied about Hannah killing that girl. All the stuff she's done for him, and he just lies about that. It felt like she at least deserved to get this bust after all thats happened.

And they do a good job of being unexpected. Rather than have a long, drawn out search for Issac like they did for previous antagonists, they have him arrested before the season is even half over, and it looks like they'll use Quinn to bust him out and make him a threat again.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2012 4:54:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/29/2012 3:01:38 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Man, this is getting more intense every week.

I kind of felt bad for Deb when he lied about Hannah killing that girl. All the stuff she's done for him, and he just lies about that. It felt like she at least deserved to get this bust after all thats happened.

And they do a good job of being unexpected. Rather than have a long, drawn out search for Issac like they did for previous antagonists, they have him arrested before the season is even half over, and it looks like they'll use Quinn to bust him out and make him a threat again.

Hm, that would make sense. Or they just bring in more hitters and Dexter has to try to kill him in prison.

You're right - this season is so much more intense than previous seasons. I feel like they've rolled 4 awesome plot points into one season. Usually Dexter is trying to kill/trick/escape from/befriend the same exact person all in one season. In this season, it's all different people. He's trying to befriend Hannah, trick Deb, escape from LaGuarda, and kill Isaac. But the romance plotline is even more complicated because he kind of wants her on his table (she might kill again). I love the complexity of this season.

I also can't help thinking about the real life situation. Real life Dexter (Michael C Hall) was married to real life Deb (Jennifer Carpenter) but then cheated on her with Julia Stiles when she was on the show. Sooo awkward to keep acting together. And all these speeches that Deb gives him about how she thought she could trust him but now he seems like a totally different person.... I keep thinking "wow, I guess acting this scene must be easy because she could be describing her real life emotions."

So BV, when he lies to Deb about Hannah, it seems so in line with the real life situation. I don't even feel it's weird. Well, also, Dexter lies to everyone. It's natural for him. He finds her intriguing. It's like Trinity - he knows he should have killed him sooner but was too intrigued not to. Except Dexter JUST told Deb that he learned his lesson from Trinity (when Deb realized Rita's death was Dexter's fault). lol. I see this Hannah thing somehow endangering Deb and a deja vu situation. Dexter seriously never learns his lessons.

I love this show.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 1:32:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm only three episodes in but I'm loving it.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 6:31:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:18:28 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I lol'd so hard at "I want to take you out". Best pun ever.

I thought he just slipped and she misunderstood. But if it's not the case even better.

Also, since when do you let you have cell phones in jail?

Probs hiding it. They seemed to frown on that in Prison Break.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 7:07:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 6:31:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:18:28 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I lol'd so hard at "I want to take you out". Best pun ever.

I thought he just slipped and she misunderstood. But if it's not the case even better.

Also, since when do you let you have cell phones in jail?

Probs hiding it. They seemed to frown on that in Prison Break.

Yeah he slipped, thats why it was so funny.