imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 1:22:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://tv.yahoo.com...

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!! :D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 1:29:08 PM
At 8/30/2012 1:23:43 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I just heard about this on facebook. It's exciting news! :D

IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 1:35:07 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!! :D
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 9:32:18 PM
IRREFUTABLE PROOF FOR GOD!

nac
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 10:31:51 PM
At 8/30/2012 10:19:25 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
About damn time!

I hate that show more than I hate ferrets.

Well, ferrets are inherently hated.

Think of it like the second place finish for the Olympics against Usain Bolt. Everyone knows one is first, so its like a competition for second.

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 10:41:46 PM
At 8/30/2012 1:23:43 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I just heard about this on facebook. It's exciting news! :D
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 10:43:24 PM
LIFE AINT WORTH LIVIN' NO MORE!

(in all seriousness though, this is great news.)
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 10:44:57 PM
I must be ignorant but I'll ask this, with some trepidation: why all the hate for Jersey Shore??
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 10:45:31 PM
At 8/30/2012 10:44:57 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I must be ignorant but I'll ask this, with some trepidation: why all the hate for Jersey Shore??

One word: Snooki.

Boom, headshot.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 10:49:34 PM

It is pointless, its full of idiots, it makes people famous who clearly shouldnt be, its full of idiots, it gives Americans a bad image since this season is being filmed in italy, its full of idiots, snooki, its full of idiots, its the epitome of why people doubt society sicne they like watching that garbage, and its full of idiots

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 10:50:53 PM
At 8/30/2012 10:49:34 PM, imabench wrote:

It is pointless, its full of idiots, it makes people famous who clearly snooki shouldnt be, its full of idiots Snooki, it gives Americans a bad image since this season is being Snooki filmed in italy, its Snooki full of idiots, snooki, its full of idiots, its the epitome of why people doubt society sicne they like watching that garbage, and its full of idiots, Snooki

Much better.

johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 10:52:02 PM

The show is a great example of the degradation of western society. After watching the show for 10 minutes. my IQ dropped 4 points.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 10:53:33 PM
At 8/30/2012 10:52:02 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

The show is a great example of the degradation of western society. After watching the show for 10 minutes. my IQ dropped 4 points.

Oh, you lucky dog.

My IQ was consider QI......so, essentially, it reversed itself as a defense mechanism. Think of doing all the drugs the world has, and living....that's how I was.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 10:59:07 PM
I never realized the strength of people's perception of this show, lol. It seems I've escaped the deleterious effects of watching it by knowing barely more than a grain of sand about it, lol.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 11:12:00 PM
At 8/30/2012 1:22:52 PM, imabench wrote:
http://tv.yahoo.com...

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!! :D

I think that there is no truer litmus of the strength or weakness of a modern society that can exist other than it's idols, and I think that America celebrates Jersey shore with a sort of trans-possessing schadenfreude coupled with an external, malevolently indulgent jealousy. What I mean by that is that by watching the Jersey Shore TV show, the viewer can at the same time revel in the stupidity, nonsense and generalized pointlessness of the show and the lives of its members in a way that does not indict them in any sense, personally culpable for delighting in the degradation of other people -which is categorically what enjoying the TV show Jersey Shore is- while likewise extend themselves and their own life by some sort of pseudo-vicarious measure into the non reality of the TV show, and experience it as if it were, in fact a reality of their (the viewer's) own.

So, in that sense, it's really quite an array of emotions that a Jersey Shore viewer who likes the program must experience. It is a show where the observably and exacerbatedly pathetic lives a given set of twenty-somethings are put on display for an international audience, at the expense of their (the cast's) dignity, for the benefit of both the network (MTV) and the viewer. To the network, obviously, the revenue is enormous, or at least at one point was. To the viewer, the sensation is equally enormous. They can make fun of a life that they wish for themselves that they could live, sure. But why? Why is it so d@mn popular?

Nietzsche might say because the human creature enjoys eliciting pain. The ironic thing, is that the Jersey Shore cast, while their lives are a mockery, seem quite pleased with the status of themselves and their position in society. The cynic in me is tempted to conclude that the cause for such nonsense is no more than an inability to recognize their own folly for what it is, but the pragmatist in me wonders if theirs is a willful ignorance? Could it be also or instead that the money is enough to make making loons of themselves worthwhile? I'm sure one German philosopher would be smiling at the thought, with the grim look of "I told you so" on his face.

Personally, I'm glad that Jersey Shore is no more. It's a disgraceful show, with a disgraceful premise that propagates an even more disgraceful culture (my opinion there, no more or less), but I think with great certainty that the Jersey Shore cultural maxim is one that is not something the show imposed on American airwaves, but rather found its way to the mainstream media because it existed somewhere below. That's what really concerns me.

That sort of self-indulgent, hedonistic barbarism is just offensive. It's developmental sloth that theirs is a life paradigm that others embrace, and even more indicative of a weakened society that we take such great pleasure in an outlet so cheap. I say "cheap" not just in the cost sense of it in a financial sense, but in a cultural sense as well. What does it say of us when we celebrate with such hypocrisy (both of a personal and cultural character at once internal and external)?

Perhaps a few more thoughts.... later to come.
Tsar of DDO
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 7:41:15 AM
Damn you people are pathetic. This is good news to you? This is what worries you?Why do you give a $hit? Why do intelligent people even waste time worrying about what's happening on Jersey Shore? Or any reality show for that matter? It drives me insane. I don't want to hear about Snookie but thanks to you fvcking people, I damn near know her whole life story. I know the name of her baby! Why? Because of the thousand so called "jokes" and rants. I've never heard the people of Jersey shore talked about in a positive manner but that's why they're famous. You guys turned morons into millionaires because you refused to SHUT THE FU CK UP. You can think they don't know what you think of them? They know and the thrive off it! The go on the show and act like douchbags because they know you people can't wait to mention their names. And you fall for it and think you're more intelligent. Uh huh. Yep you're winning. Guarantee they'll be back unless you people wise up.

YOU are what's wrong with society because YOU let it affect you.
#BlackLivesMatter
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 7:09:25 PM
At 8/31/2012 7:41:15 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Damn you people are pathetic. This is good news to you? This is what worries you?Why do you give a $hit? Why do intelligent people even waste time worrying about what's happening on Jersey Shore? Or any reality show for that matter? It drives me insane. I don't want to hear about Snookie but thanks to you fvcking people, I damn near know her whole life story. I know the name of her baby! Why? Because of the thousand so called "jokes" and rants. I've never heard the people of Jersey shore talked about in a positive manner but that's why they're famous. You guys turned morons into millionaires because you refused to SHUT THE FU CK UP. You can think they don't know what you think of them? They know and the thrive off it! The go on the show and act like douchbags because they know you people can't wait to mention their names. And you fall for it and think you're more intelligent. Uh huh. Yep you're winning. Guarantee they'll be back unless you people wise up.

Lol and who the truck are you? Pauly D?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 7:13:08 PM
@ MIG, The show gets so much flak, because of what it endorses. I'll be honest, I think it's fun to watch a bunch of idiots fist fight over what someone said about them behind their back, no matter how mundane and idiotic it is.

But that's not why we do no like the show.

We don't like it because they get paid over 3000$ an episode each, just to act like idiots.
The fact that people actually look up to these gweedos, and some respect them, is the harder thing. The fact that they can have a baby, and still drink and party, shows their lack of caring for life, or anything other then themselves.

The angering part, is how they get to be narcissistic, and get paid to do that, and get to live, eat, and do everything for free.

It's messed up.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 7:38:35 PM
At 8/31/2012 7:09:25 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/31/2012 7:41:15 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:

Lol and who the truck are you? Pauly D?

*face palm* I rest my case.
#BlackLivesMatter
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 9:29:27 PM
@agent orange.

Apparently you didn't get the joke. Go start start drama somewhere else, this is the anti drama thread ;-)
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 9:43:10 PM
It's not cancelled, theres one more season left.

Jersey Shore isn't that bad. Theres a time and place for everything.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 9:52:35 PM
At 8/31/2012 7:13:08 PM, TUF wrote:
@ MIG, The show gets so much flak, because of what it endorses. I'll be honest, I think it's fun to watch a bunch of idiots fist fight over what someone said about them behind their back, no matter how mundane and idiotic it is.

But that's not why we do no like the show.

We don't like it because they get paid over 3000$ an episode each, just to act like idiots.
The fact that people actually look up to these gweedos, and some respect them, is the harder thing. The fact that they can have a baby, and still drink and party, shows their lack of caring for life, or anything other then themselves.

The angering part, is how they get to be narcissistic, and get paid to do that, and get to live, eat, and do everything for free.

It's messed up.

Where did you get 3k?? It's 150k per episode.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 9:58:57 PM
At 8/31/2012 9:29:27 PM, TUF wrote:
@agent orange.

Apparently you didn't get the joke. Go start start drama somewhere else, this is the anti drama thread ;-)

Oh my! Perhaps I should stick to the DDO script for drama. Maybe I should, make a thread and call someone out! Or start "trolling"? Ooo! Ooo! Or my personal favorite, I make a thread about how I'm leaving the site and then *gasp* I don't leave.
#BlackLivesMatter
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 10:01:31 PM
At 8/31/2012 9:58:57 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
@agent orange.

Oh my! Perhaps I should stick to the DDO script for drama. Maybe I should, make a thread and call someone out! Or start "trolling"? Ooo! Ooo! Or my personal favorite, I make a thread about how I'm leaving the site and then *gasp* I don't leave.

Honestly, that is expected. You not a real member unless you do at least two of those things.

So lets go lose that DDO V-Card!
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 10:05:21 PM
At 8/31/2012 10:01:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
@agent orange.

Honestly, that is expected. You not a real member unless you do at least two of those things.

So lets go lose that DDO V-Card!

I'm saving it for something special.
#BlackLivesMatter
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 10:29:23 AM

Of course you have to stick to that script mate! That's just how we do things here on DDO! If you wanna be part of our weird little cult group, you gotta follow the proper procedures!