Total Posts:106|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Lost

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 1:08:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I decided to start watching Lost. It's all available on Netflix. Is it worth it? I seem to have heard something about it not ending the way people would have preferred.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 1:15:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's awesome. The ending could have been better, but it will still give you chills.

I wish I was a Lost Virgin so I could have the sense of wonder again. If you need steaming links to episodes message me.
kfc
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 1:17:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 1:15:42 PM, Koopin wrote:
It's awesome. The ending could have been better, but it will still give you chills.

I wish I was a Lost Virgin so I could have the sense of wonder again. If you need steaming links to episodes message me.

It's cool. The entire series seems to be on Netflix. I'm watching the first episode and one dude's name is John Locke. Is that on purpose?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 1:20:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 1:17:04 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/25/2012 1:15:42 PM, Koopin wrote:
It's awesome. The ending could have been better, but it will still give you chills.

I wish I was a Lost Virgin so I could have the sense of wonder again. If you need steaming links to episodes message me.

It's cool. The entire series seems to be on Netflix. I'm watching the first episode and one dude's name is John Locke. Is that on purpose?

*GASP*
I never put the two and two together! Oh my goodness... This whole time.
kfc
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 1:25:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Its pretty good, especially the first 2 seasons. It pretty much has everything: good character development, suspense, plot twists, love triangles, drama, etc.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 8:04:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Best show ever. I wish someone in my life hadn't seen it so I could watch it with them.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 8:11:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I watched until the random polar bear that I don't know was ever explained. Just got too ridiculous for me.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 8:14:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Awesome Series. I skipped a few episodes in the middle cause it started to get boring and repetitive. The final season, however, was real good. Same with Koopin, last episode needs work.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 8:26:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 1:08:39 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I decided to start watching Lost. It's all available on Netflix. Is it worth it? I seem to have heard something about it not ending the way people would have preferred.

I debated Maikuru on the ending of Lost. And lost...

lol

I personally was really let down by the ending. I feel like they build you up to expect all these amazing answers, but then don't tie off important points in either a) a satisfying way, or b) at all.

That said, I never had any complaints in any of the first 4 seasons. They are amazing, without question. Just don't expect amazing answers to everything. Low expectations ftw.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 8:31:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Best series I've seen and I think they incorporated philosophy into it in various places. One mans name is John Locke and another Desmond David Hume. I didn't catch it when I initially since I didn't not shat about philosophy then though.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 8:32:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 8:31:01 PM, phantom wrote:
Best series I've seen and I think they incorporated philosophy into it in various places. One mans name is John Locke and another Desmond David Hume. I didn't catch it when I initially saw it since I didn't know shat about philosophy then though.

Fixed
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Ultra
Posts: 47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 9:45:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 8:31:01 PM, phantom wrote:
Best series I've seen and I think they incorporated philosophy into it in various places. One mans name is John Locke and another Desmond David Hume. I didn't catch it when I initially since I didn't not shat about philosophy then though.

Don't forget Juliet Burke, Daniel Faraday, and Danielle Rousseau.
Ultra
Posts: 47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 9:48:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lost is truly an amazing piece of television. And I disagree with the others (no pun intended) - the ending was sufficient for me, and in my opinion it achieved a lot considering the anticipation surrounding it.
slo1
Posts: 4,359
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 9:46:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Most complete piece of garbage series I ever watched. Complete and utter failure of of a show.

Sorry, but when one has to go to the internet and read through mounds of boards and people fighting to give their logic on what they think happened, it is safe to say it is a failure.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 8:34:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 8:04:48 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Best show ever. I wish someone in my life hadn't seen it so I could watch it with them.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 10:06:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 9:46:16 AM, slo1 wrote:
Most complete piece of garbage series I ever watched. Complete and utter failure of of a show.

Sorry, but when one has to go to the internet and read through mounds of boards and people fighting to give their logic on what they think happened, it is safe to say it is a failure.

You're construing those two words pretty loosely...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 10:08:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I really liked the first 2 seasons of lost but when they brought on the supernatural stuff and all the time changes back and forth, it seriously gave me a headache and I stopped watching. It is a shame, though. The first couple of season = absolutely awesome.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 2:09:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
***major spoilers***

The ending was ok to me. Not great, not bad. Just ok. I thought the purgatory explanation was kind of cliche and unbefitting of a series that had previously been filled with things you're not supposed to expect.

In Bluesteel's debate, he talked about a theory that the alternate timeline was actually an illusion created by MiB so that he could keep his promises he made to the survivors. This imo would have been a much better explanation than the religious concept they rolled with and would probably be one of the most famous plot twists of all time. I thought the actual explanation though was pretty underwhelming.

I don't know, I guess I just didn't expect the show to end with a happy-go-lucky ending like it did. For whatever reason I think a sad ending would have been more interesting, but I guess the writers wouldn't like putting everyone through all those years of bullsh1t on the island just to have them go through a Hamlet-style ending.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 3:05:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 2:09:26 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
***major spoilers***

The ending was ok to me. Not great, not bad. Just ok. I thought the purgatory explanation was kind of cliche and unbefitting of a series that had previously been filled with things you're not supposed to expect.

In Bluesteel's debate, he talked about a theory that the alternate timeline was actually an illusion created by MiB so that he could keep his promises he made to the survivors. This imo would have been a much better explanation than the religious concept they rolled with and would probably be one of the most famous plot twists of all time. I thought the actual explanation though was pretty underwhelming.

I don't know, I guess I just didn't expect the show to end with a happy-go-lucky ending like it did. For whatever reason I think a sad ending would have been more interesting, but I guess the writers wouldn't like putting everyone through all those years of bullsh1t on the island just to have them go through a Hamlet-style ending.

I loved the ending and had to defend it multiple times to different friends. That said, the theory bluesteel proposed in our debate was awesome lol. I'm not sure how it would have been possible, unless perhaps this alternate world was one he created in their minds (he was a master manipulator, so why not give him some supernatural skill in that regard). Either way, the first time I read that theory, I thought, "Damn...that would have been great." Of course, I still had to argue against it lol.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 3:31:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Tell J.J Abrams to call me next time he needs a good ending... :P
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 5:01:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yeah, we were watching it, but ware taking a break and watching Prisn Break. But, SP, it's ok, there are plenty of sexy men for you there. Lots of shirtless seems with SAWWWYYYYYEEEERRRR the sexy machine. :D
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 5:05:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 9:46:16 AM, slo1 wrote:

Sorry, but when one has to go to the internet and read through mounds of boards and people fighting to give their logic on what they think happened, it is safe to say it is a failure.

So Inception was a bad movie eh?
kfc
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 5:10:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 5:05:03 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 9/26/2012 9:46:16 AM, slo1 wrote:

Sorry, but when one has to go to the internet and read through mounds of boards and people fighting to give their logic on what they think happened, it is safe to say it is a failure.

So Inception was a bad movie eh?

.....or Pulp Fiction (what was in the damn suitcase?), Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings (I haven't seen the movies but people seem to think they were good).
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 5:21:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 5:01:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Yeah, we were watching it, but ware taking a break and watching Prisn Break. But, SP, it's ok, there are plenty of sexy men for you there. Lots of shirtless seems with SAWWWYYYYYEEEERRRR the sexy machine. :D

I didn't really like Sawyer at first, but he ended up becoming my favorite character. The writers did a pretty good job scripting his conversations. The lines he comes up with are freakin' hilarious as are the nicknames he dishes out...and just his overall demeanor.

Locke was also cool, but he becomes kind of weak later in the show.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:27:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 5:10:02 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/27/2012 5:05:03 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 9/26/2012 9:46:16 AM, slo1 wrote:

Sorry, but when one has to go to the internet and read through mounds of boards and people fighting to give their logic on what they think happened, it is safe to say it is a failure.

So Inception was a bad movie eh?

.....or Pulp Fiction (what was in the damn suitcase?), Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings (I haven't seen the movies but people seem to think they were good).

What the....
kfc
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:27:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 6:27:11 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 9/27/2012 5:10:02 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/27/2012 5:05:03 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 9/26/2012 9:46:16 AM, slo1 wrote:

Sorry, but when one has to go to the internet and read through mounds of boards and people fighting to give their logic on what they think happened, it is safe to say it is a failure.

So Inception was a bad movie eh?

.....or Pulp Fiction (what was in the damn suitcase?), Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings (I haven't seen the movies but people seem to think they were good).


What the....

Corrected*
kfc
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:29:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 6:27:45 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 9/27/2012 6:27:11 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 9/27/2012 5:10:02 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/27/2012 5:05:03 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 9/26/2012 9:46:16 AM, slo1 wrote:

Sorry, but when one has to go to the internet and read through mounds of boards and people fighting to give their logic on what they think happened, it is safe to say it is a failure.

So Inception was a bad movie eh?

.....or Pulp Fiction (what was in the damn suitcase?), Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings (I haven't seen the movies but people seem to think they were good).


What the....

Corrected*

I don't have 72 hours to watch a few movies.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 7:33:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 5:21:15 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 9/27/2012 5:01:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Yeah, we were watching it, but ware taking a break and watching Prisn Break. But, SP, it's ok, there are plenty of sexy men for you there. Lots of shirtless seems with SAWWWYYYYYEEEERRRR the sexy machine. :D

I didn't really like Sawyer at first, but he ended up becoming my favorite character. The writers did a pretty good job scripting his conversations. The lines he comes up with are freakin' hilarious as are the nicknames he dishes out...and just his overall demeanor.

Locke was also cool, but he becomes kind of weak later in the show.

I had the same opinion on Sawyer. Locke was cool, then he just got....not cool. I dunno. Jack is just annoying.......I just didn't like him. He either makes all theses heroic decisions, or he endangers everyone, throws everything out the window, for his spur of the moment feelings.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 10:41:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 7:33:25 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 9/27/2012 5:21:15 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 9/27/2012 5:01:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Yeah, we were watching it, but ware taking a break and watching Prisn Break. But, SP, it's ok, there are plenty of sexy men for you there. Lots of shirtless seems with SAWWWYYYYYEEEERRRR the sexy machine. :D

I didn't really like Sawyer at first, but he ended up becoming my favorite character. The writers did a pretty good job scripting his conversations. The lines he comes up with are freakin' hilarious as are the nicknames he dishes out...and just his overall demeanor.

Locke was also cool, but he becomes kind of weak later in the show.

I had the same opinion on Sawyer. Locke was cool, then he just got....not cool. I dunno. Jack is just annoying.......I just didn't like him. He either makes all theses heroic decisions, or he endangers everyone, throws everything out the window, for his spur of the moment feelings.

So little love for Locke later in the show. I thought some of his best stuff was at the end, when he was broken and alone again. That's his wheelhouse. Whenever Locke seemed to know what he was doing, I didn't like him. Luckily that wasn't often lol.

Desmond and Michael are my favorites. I feel like they were the only sane ones on the show haha.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...