Jump to topic:

The Lost Symbol

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2009 3:00:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Dan Brown's new book... anyone read it, or in the process of reading it?

I'm about 2/3 the way through, and it has me hooked. More than his previous four did, and that's saying something.

InB4 "Dan Brown is a crap writer and if his stories entertain you, you're extremely dumb."
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2009 3:05:00 PM
"On its first day the book sold one million in hardcover and e-book versions in the U.S., the U.K. and Canada, making it the fastest selling adult novel in history"

Pretty impressive o.O.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2009 3:13:50 PM
At 9/23/2009 3:05:00 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
"On its first day the book sold one million in hardcover and e-book versions in the U.S., the U.K. and Canada, making it the fastest selling adult novel in history"

Pretty impressive o.O.

Yeah, the reason they say "adult novel" is because one (or more?) of the Harry Potter books have p*ssed all over that record. Impressive nonetheless.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2009 3:28:51 PM
I got it the first day it came out - I like Dan Brown (ain't no shame in my game). I wanted to finish the other book I'm reading first though. I'll get back to this.
President of DDO
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2009 3:35:09 PM
At 9/23/2009 3:28:51 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I got it the first day it came out - I like Dan Brown (ain't no shame in my game).

Good... an intelligent person who isn't too pretencious to admit she likes Dan Brown. The chapters all end with a cliff-hanger, he mixes a bit of philosophy, a sprinkle of religion, a few puzzles and some mystery. What isn't there to like?

I wanted to finish the other book I'm reading first though. I'll get back to this.

If you liked his previous books, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Once again, you've got to take a lot of the "facts" he presents with a grain or two of salt, but it's a gripping story man, and I have learned a lot of cool stuff.