Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 9:29:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I hate Bollywood movies. It's the same story rehashed in a new way every time. Bollywood also plagiarizes heavily from American and English films.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 10:17:53 PM
At 11/8/2012 9:29:42 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I hate Bollywood movies. It's the same story rehashed in a new way every time. Bollywood also plagiarizes heavily from American and English films.

Yes, because American movies are always so frikkin' original.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
sim_98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 4:02:10 AM
At 11/8/2012 10:17:53 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Oh shut up!!
Bollywood movies are the best!
Hollywood suckz
All you guys can show is sex scenes and mature scenes.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 7:34:18 AM

Not all American movies are original, but many are pretty original, and Bollywood films have no originality whatsoever. My parents avidly watch Bollywood movies, and even they admit this.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 7:35:42 AM
At 11/9/2012 4:02:10 AM, sim_98 wrote:

Oh shut up!!
Hollywood suckz

There are plenty of good American movies that do not have sex scenes. Inception is a great example.

Bollywood films have some sex scenes, but many just focus on the same storyline: Doofus guy falls in love with sharp girl who is the daughter of some authority figure that the doofus guy hates. Doofus guy ends up marrying girl after doing her a favor. The end.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:15:16 AM
At 11/9/2012 7:35:42 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Oh shut up!!
Hollywood suckz

There are plenty of good American movies that do not have sex scenes. Inception is a great example.

Bollywood films have some sex scenes, but many just focus on the same storyline: Doofus guy falls in love with sharp girl who is the daughter of some authority figure that the doofus guy hates. Doofus guy ends up marrying girl after doing her a favor. The end.

Busy watching 50 year old movies?
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:18:19 AM
At 11/7/2012 1:30:20 AM, sim_98 wrote:
Hey!

Does anyone watch Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? (IPKKND)

It is a television family drama. I find it hard to tolerate them. Never watched this one.

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:23:54 AM
At 11/9/2012 8:18:19 AM, baggins wrote:
Hey!

It is a television family drama. I find it hard to tolerate them. Never watched this one.

Indian serials are even worse than Indian movies. They have the same themes of love transcending lifetimes through reincarnation, which wouldn't be a bad thing and could actually be done really well if they didn't have an evil woman controlling the plot of every show and have like thirty camera shots of someone's face as a means of creating drama.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:24:10 AM
At 11/9/2012 8:15:16 AM, baggins wrote:

Oh shut up!!
Hollywood suckz

A lot of recent films are like this too . . .
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:40:57 AM

Relatively few, IMO.

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:43:24 AM
At 11/9/2012 8:40:57 AM, baggins wrote:

Relatively few, IMO.

I guess that's possible. My parents are very conservative, so maybe I only know about those films because those are the ones they watch. Whenever we are watching a movie in our house that has any sort of intimacy, we skip over it. They even skip over benign things like kissing.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:43:35 AM
At 11/9/2012 8:23:54 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Hey!

Indian serials are even worse than Indian movies. They have the same themes of love transcending lifetimes through reincarnation, which wouldn't be a bad thing and could actually be done really well if they didn't have an evil woman controlling the plot of every show and have like thirty camera shots of someone's face as a means of creating drama.

And the music. Don't forget the music.

I have always noticed that women (specially homemakers) love these shows a lot. Don't know why.

baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:47:44 AM
At 11/9/2012 8:43:24 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Relatively few, IMO.

I guess that's possible. My parents are very conservative, so maybe I only know about those films because those are the ones they watch. Whenever we are watching a movie in our house that has any sort of intimacy, we skip over it. They even skip over benign things like kissing.

Not as conservative as my parents. They don't watch movies.

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:52:24 AM
At 11/9/2012 8:43:35 AM, baggins wrote:
Hey!

LOL, yes. And the demons!
I have always noticed that women (specially homemakers) love these shows a lot. Don't know why.

They're probably just bored.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:52:40 AM
At 11/9/2012 8:47:44 AM, baggins wrote:
At 11/9/2012 8:43:24 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Relatively few, IMO.

OMG, why?
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 9:19:06 AM

OMG, why?

They are extremely religious. Television means 'news channels' and few 'Islamic channels' to them. Consequently they are voracious readers who also love to write.

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 9:54:01 AM
At 11/9/2012 9:19:06 AM, baggins wrote:

OMG, why?

They are extremely religious. Television means 'news channels' and few 'Islamic channels' to them. Consequently they are voracious readers who also love to write.

Ah, I see, but there aren't any channels that cater to Muslims in India?
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 10:13:14 AM
At 11/9/2012 9:54:01 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/9/2012 9:19:06 AM, baggins wrote:

OMG, why?

Ah, I see, but there aren't any channels that cater to Muslims in India?

A few. However they rarely watch those channels. They prefer spending spare time in reading or writing. They are also very socially active.

sim_98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2012 6:49:28 PM

Oh shut up!!
Hollywood suckz

Are you kidding me?
American films don't have sex scenes?
Almost every movie has one.
Every single movie is rated as MA 15+
and no, bollywood films dont have the same storyline.
They are way better.
There is more variety and there is alot of cukture shown.
What do you americans show?
Nothing.
sim_98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2012 6:50:53 PM
Hey!

Are you out of your mind?
IPKKND and a family drama?
Its not.
shows like SNS and DABH are.
IPKKND is a youth show.
Are you indian?
sim_98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2012 6:54:27 PM
Hey!

And have you ever watched one, to conclude your statement?
Hollywood crap like CSI and etc is all useless.
And, what makes you say this that reincarnation and love transcending through lifetimes is always the theme?
Looks like you are stcuk in american mentality, who only have one perspective of Indian entertainment.
FYI, its culture that is showcased through Indian serials. Not just a useless storyline.
Morals, culture, traditions and are shown through Indian dramas. They are made based on the culutre and the outlook we have. That's why there is no "kissing" or "sex scenes" which is often showed in american crap.
sim_98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2012 6:56:25 PM
Hey!

What's wrong with the music?
Doesn't mean if its not shown in american dramas, that it's unusual.
And if homemakers like the show, what's your problem?
At least americans dont like this kinda stuff.
What they like is mature scenes.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 1:16:39 AM
@ sim_98

Relax. I have never watched this particular show. In fact I have never watched any Hindi soap opera regularly (except one or two episodes). It is quite possible that IPKKND is a 'youth show' and not a 'family drama'.

At 11/12/2012 6:56:25 PM, sim_98 wrote:
Hey!

I mean you have never seen the shots where camera rushes into face of an actor, the whole screen flickers blue and outrageous music informs the whole neighborhood that the particular character is undergoing a particular emotion!

No problem. It is just an observation.

sim_98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 8:39:56 PM
At 11/13/2012 1:16:39 AM, baggins wrote:
@ sim_98

Relax. I have never watched this particular show. In fact I have never watched any Hindi soap opera regularly (except one or two episodes). It is quite possible that IPKKND is a 'youth show' and not a 'family drama'.

At 11/12/2012 6:56:25 PM, sim_98 wrote:
Hey!

I mean you have never seen the shots where camera rushes into face of an actor, the whole screen flickers blue and outrageous music informs the whole neighborhood that the particular character is undergoing a particular emotion!

No problem. It is just an observation.

It's a youth drama.
Which epi's have u watched?