Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Walking Dead Season 3

tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 5:10:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
PLEASE BE WARNED - I WILL ASSUME YOU ARE UP-TO-DATE WITH THE SHOW IN THIS THREAD, SO MAJOR SPOILER WARNING. ALSO, IF YOU DON'T WANT THE COMIC SPOILT, DON'T READ EITHER.

Well, I had little doubt given the last few minutes of season 2 that the show was back on track (after FAR too much time spent on the farm compared to the comic).

But I didn't think it would be this frikkin' good. Oh - my - fvcking - god.
Epicness so far and the most recent episode was just brilliant. The changes work; in the comic Lori and the baby both get killed much later during the prison storyline, but a lot of darker sh!t happens in the comic then I think even AMC can get away with. Also, Dale is the one who's leg got cut off in the comic (he didn't get killed on the farm) not Hershal. The prisoners we are left with currently are similar to those that join the group, but the ones found in the cafeteria are quite different.

Take it from me; if the show keeps going in this direction (and I'm up-to-date with the comics and about 12 storylines ahead of the show) we might just have a masterpiece of a finale and a lot to look forward too.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 8:19:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was leaning away because I hate the wife and kid so much but she's dead!!!!!! Finaaaaaallllllllyyy!!!!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 1:21:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Honestly, season one was below-par, but luckily short in comparison. Season two got a lot better and now season three is just amazing. That and How I Met Your Mother are the only two shows I watch nowadays.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2012 5:13:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Another awesome episode last night. I was wondering when the zombie boxing was going to come into it.

Also, during the final scenes I started this sentence to my partner: "Since they probably won't do it in this show, I'll tell you something. In the show, when Lori dies Rick finds a phone.." -The phone I'm referring to rings on screen- "Whoa, that was a bit creepy."
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2012 10:03:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/12/2012 9:56:28 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I love this show. My girlfriend and I watch every weekend!

Fixd. Learn2 grammar.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2012 10:06:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I hate Lori, but now Rick is crazy, so...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 2:41:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why does Rick stab zombie Lori in the belly??? Is he afraid she had twins and there's a zombie baby still inside there?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 4:45:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/13/2012 2:41:39 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Why does Rick stab zombie Lori in the belly??? Is he afraid she had twins and there's a zombie baby still inside there?

That wasn't Lori was it? I figured it was the zombie who ate Lori's corpse or something.

Anywho; we're half way through the season and I have to say...

This show is amazing and I love it. It's different enough from the comic that I can't be sure what's going to happen.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 7:08:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/13/2012 2:41:39 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Why does Rick stab zombie Lori in the belly??? Is he afraid she had twins and there's a zombie baby still inside there?

It wasn't Lori, it was the zombie who he surmised had eaten her corpse (it wasn't there where she died).
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 3:01:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/19/2012 7:08:45 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/13/2012 2:41:39 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Why does Rick stab zombie Lori in the belly??? Is he afraid she had twins and there's a zombie baby still inside there?

It wasn't Lori, it was the zombie who he surmised had eaten her corpse (it wasn't there where she died).

Hm, well the scene has Rick entering the room where Lori gave birth. He sees a bunch of pulpy stuff on the floor, which looks like afterbirth. He then picks up the bullet that Carl shot, which you would think would still be inside Lori's head. Remember, we never saw Carl actually shoot her. It's reasonable to think he pussed out. Rick then hears a zombie making noise. The camera pans along a huge blood trail from where Lori gave birth to the zombie body. Rick then puts the gun in the zombie's mouth and shoots it, then stabs it in the belly a bunch of times.

it didn't look much like Lori, except for the fat belly. But we've never seen one zombie eat an entire corpse, seems extreme. Guess the fat belly could have contained Lori, but I initially thought it was Lori.

tv, it seems from what you're saying that they're pulling new ideas from the comics and innovating too, which is good. Better than just "what else can we do on the farm now." Seems like things are heating up - war time.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 7:56:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The zombie in the boiler room definitely isn't Lori and there's no reason to think Carl (who is a little bad arse ;D) wouldn't shoot Lori to prevent her coming back as a zombie.

General consensus around the internet seems to be that Lori's corpses has been eaten, which is why that zombie was so frikkin' bloated.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 3:18:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Cool, thanks. That does make more sense.

I wanted to believe that Carl shot her. He's a baller. When's he gonna get with Beth.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 12:33:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 3:01:53 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/19/2012 7:08:45 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/13/2012 2:41:39 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Why does Rick stab zombie Lori in the belly??? Is he afraid she had twins and there's a zombie baby still inside there?

It wasn't Lori, it was the zombie who he surmised had eaten her corpse (it wasn't there where she died).

Hm, well the scene has Rick entering the room where Lori gave birth. He sees a bunch of pulpy stuff on the floor, which looks like afterbirth. He then picks up the bullet that Carl shot, which you would think would still be inside Lori's head. Remember, we never saw Carl actually shoot her. It's reasonable to think he pussed out. Rick then hears a zombie making noise. The camera pans along a huge blood trail from where Lori gave birth to the zombie body. Rick then puts the gun in the zombie's mouth and shoots it, then stabs it in the belly a bunch of times.

it didn't look much like Lori, except for the fat belly. But we've never seen one zombie eat an entire corpse, seems extreme. Guess the fat belly could have contained Lori, but I initially thought it was Lori.

tv, it seems from what you're saying that they're pulling new ideas from the comics and innovating too, which is good. Better than just "what else can we do on the farm now." Seems like things are heating up - war time.:

The Walker clearly ate Lori's body. It even shows her hair in the Walker's mouth and hands. Lori is not a Walker, she's been consumed.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
lannan13
Posts: 23,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2012 12:04:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't see it lastin' much longer with all the characters dyin' so fast.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2012 8:20:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/24/2012 12:04:55 PM, lannan13 wrote:
I don't see it lastin' much longer with all the characters dyin' so fast.

Only two characters died and they were replaced by two new characters (prisoners). Plus a baby. Plus Michonne. Check your character accounting, son.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 4:43:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So what did we think about the mid-season premiere?

I liked it, but I want to see where it goes from here. My partner was disappointed that Daryl has left the group but what was he going to do?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...