Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

World War Z

Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:55:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I didn't realize this was about zombies until I read the comments. Somebody said it looked like the zombies have been infused with the dna of Usain Bolt LOL.

Has anyone read the book? What the hell is the movie about? Pitt is a soldier, I'm guessing.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 9:58:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:55:33 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I didn't realize this was about zombies until I read the comments. Somebody said it looked like the zombies have been infused with the dna of Usain Bolt LOL.

Has anyone read the book? What the hell is the movie about? Pitt is a soldier, I'm guessing.

The book, frankly, is awesome. The book is a collection of hypothetical interviews performed after the eponymous World War Z. These interviews basically tell the story of what happened, from the perspectives of the interviewees, covering different parts of the world at different points in time.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 2:44:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/9/2012 9:58:33 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:55:33 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I didn't realize this was about zombies until I read the comments. Somebody said it looked like the zombies have been infused with the dna of Usain Bolt LOL.

Has anyone read the book? What the hell is the movie about? Pitt is a soldier, I'm guessing.

The book, frankly, is awesome. The book is a collection of hypothetical interviews performed after the eponymous World War Z. These interviews basically tell the story of what happened, from the perspectives of the interviewees, covering different parts of the world at different points in time.

This is a good description. It's an awesome book.
While the zombies don't run in the book, I must say... I'm a sucker for running zombies.
I'm hoping the movie does justice to the book... I mean, the book is more suited to a 15 part Tv series or something.
Either way, I'm looking forward to this movie.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 3:10:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/9/2012 2:44:38 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/9/2012 9:58:33 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:55:33 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I didn't realize this was about zombies until I read the comments. Somebody said it looked like the zombies have been infused with the dna of Usain Bolt LOL.

Has anyone read the book? What the hell is the movie about? Pitt is a soldier, I'm guessing.

The book, frankly, is awesome. The book is a collection of hypothetical interviews performed after the eponymous World War Z. These interviews basically tell the story of what happened, from the perspectives of the interviewees, covering different parts of the world at different points in time.

This is a good description. It's an awesome book.
While the zombies don't run in the book, I must say... I'm a sucker for running zombies.
I'm hoping the movie does justice to the book... I mean, the book is more suited to a 15 part Tv series or something.
Either way, I'm looking forward to this movie.

Based on the trailer, it's already a deviation. Brad Pitt plays the part of the interviewer from the book, whose backstory we never really got. The fact that they fleshed him out as a character in his own right is a major change, for better or for worse. It also looks like they are portraying the War as it happens, as a cohesive plot, rather than anachronic flashbacks, which would be more in line with the book. Again, for better or for worse. Personally, I like the style of the book because it starts you bits and pieces, leaving you in suspense, then filling in the blanks later, but not tying up all ends or answering all questions.

That said, it loos like it'll be a good movie. I saw what appeared to be the Battle of Yonkers, which should be a major scene.