Total Posts:46|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Halo 4 Review (10/10)

OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:08:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
PLEASE CLICK ON THE VIDEOS WHEN I TELL YOU TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THE REVIEW

Here it is folks, my review for Halo 4.

Basics


Ok, to start off, I'm just gonna say 343 out-Bungied Bungie on this one. The game in phenomenal, with little complaints at all from me. The Graphics, both in and out of cut-scenes, are to put it simple, unreal. But I'll let you be the judge. Play video 1#, which is the intro to the campaign, so no real spoilers there........

IKR?!

And, while I think during the cut scenes the facial models are better, though I'm not sure since you don't actually see any story characters faces so far outside of cut-scenes, the graphics stay the same. I actually found this to be an issue, which I'll elaborate on later. Masterchief, though his armor change is left unexplained(evidently it was nanobots, though I think that translates to "copout answer for artistic license"), still it looks good. I dunno what Cortana downloaded, but she....um.....looks...better. Example: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net...

Though it does a good job conveying her emotions.

The gameplay is classic Halo, and feels like a mix of Reach and H3. Gunplay is good, with each weapon feeling right at home in its niche, and each having a good counter, or area that it fails in. Overall, the basics were well executed. Jumps feel a little floaty, while moving and sprinting feel "heavy", which is hard to explain until you play the game. Basically, they did a good job with making you feel like a half-ton super soldier.

Campaign

VERY well done. The storyline had me nerdgasming through the whole thing, though for those that haven't played the previous games/know some things about the universe, your gonna want to take the first left of the Campaign down the stairs to listen to Chiefs record, and get a basic fill in, plus 10GS.

So, to summarize the main plot, without any spoilers, Chief wakes up on the Forward Unto Dawn, which is falling apart, and under attack by Covenant for some reason. These Covenant ARE Elites, Storm Elites specifically, who didn't take to kindly to the other 11 Elite clans not wanting to murder the human race anymore. So, essentially their a splinter group of Elites that wanna kill you. Cortana is also experiencing the smart AI syndrome known as "Rampancy", where AI's literally think themselves to death by being unable to continue to function because they have too much information in their "heads". Plus, there is a new group of enemies, known as the Promethean, that have a VERY interesting back story. Also, its important to note that you should look for all the Terminals in the campaign, or look up how to get them online later, and not just for the GS. These have a very interesting backstory, though you have to go on Halo Waypoint app for Xbox to see them.

So onto the enemies. This enemies section will stand in for Spartan Ops as well. So, you have the normal Covenant, with better graphics and AI. The only issue I have with them, specifically the Elites, is that I found it hard to tell them apart from a glance like Halo: Reach. They simply look too similar. Not all of them, but the ones I encountered looked....very similar. Also, and this carries over to multiplayer, I found it can get somewhat hard to tell what is going on in heated CQC fights, though this could be because of split-screen. But, in short, the Covies are pretty much the same.

Now, the biggest difference this time around is the Prometheans. These guys are SMART. And when I say smart, I mean they coordinate with each other if you give them the chance. Some will flank you, some will attack you head on. The Knights, which are the Promethean Elites, act as the center of the fight, whether its pelting you from a distance, setting up deployable turrets, or teleporting in for some CQC, these guys are pretty tough. Now, these guys, even in groups, aren't that bad. However, its the backup Crawler, which is a gecko/robot/dog that will snipe, rush in to attack you, or just keep you away from the Knights. And last, but oh so definitely not least, is the Watcher. These little demons fly above, occasionally taking pot shots at you. But that's not their worst ability. No, they are the support role in this. Watchers will put up Hardlight shields in front of whatever your attacking, grab your grenades out of the air and chuck them back at you, make/remake laser turrets, run away whenever things get dicey to come back when your not looking and resurrect Knights or Crawlers. So, now learn this: KILL THE FRIGGEN WATCHERS.

Infinity

Multiplayer has always been a big draw for Halo, and Halo 4 certainly delivers.

First, gone are the days where if you wanna play Capture the Flag, you have to hope people on the Objective playlist feel like it too. There are now dedicated playlists for each mode that you can play in Infinity for Halo 4.

The new level up system works well, with them providing you with two basic but sufficient full loadouts from the get go, and eventually five others you can customize yourself. The perks, I mean mods allow you to play a little differently, but none are overpowered so far. Weapon/grenade unlocks happen quickly, allowing you to get your favorite weapons quickly, which is limited to Assault Rifle/Precision type weapons, no power weapons in the loadouts. The modes are pretty basic, with the exception of Dominion and Infinity Slayer. Only in these two do your custom loadouts work, and its for the better it seems.

In IS, you have a Ordinance meter. When it fills up, you can call in a power-up(Overshield, Speed Boost, ect.), two grenades(Frag, Plasma, Pulse), or a power weapon (Gravity Hammer, Shotgun, SAW). There is also a spawn of other power weapons throughout the battlefield, which is random in both what it will be, and when it will come.

Dominion is Territories with bases, requiring you to capture a base, wait for it to put its defense up, and then resupply to get points. This essentially replaces Invasion for Halo 4.

Vehicles feel good, though I have yet to see the Mantis in action outside of Campaign, it seems to get easily countered with the Plasma pistol EMP, so no real worries in any one vehicle dominating the map.

Weapons, and since I'm lacking space, I'll just pretty much say each has its niche, and while it can be VERY OP in that niche, it quickly loses that power outside of it.

Spartan Ops

Spartan Ops replaces Firefight for this bout, and whether or not this is for the better remains to be seen. I've played the first five missions of episode 1, which came with another beautiful cinematic, and while they were somewhat lacking content wise, 343 promises the same content as roughly Halo3: ODST's campaign provided, so I would say its in progress review, as not much is clear on how its gonna turn out.

Analysis


+ Incredible Graphics, good models, and the good voice acting/sound
+ Story, cutscenes, and basic framework
+ New multiplayer layout, loudouts, modes, and playlists
+ Weapons, Vehicles, Armor, and Mods
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:13:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
WHAT!?!?!

Ober gave HALO 4 a score of 10/10!?!?!?!?!?!?

I never would've guessed that!!!!!!!

/mindblown
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:22:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:13:39 PM, Zaradi wrote:
WHAT!?!?!

Ober gave HALO 4 a score of 10/10!?!?!?!?!?!?

I never would've guessed that!!!!!!!

/mindblown

And it was completely honest. Plenty of other reviews score it VERY high, and those are people that look at a game as critique as possible.

I really did look at everything I disliked, and the few things I did, were irrelevant.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:31:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Thanks for the review; everything sounds on point. Though, like Z said, I'd feel better about it if anybody else wrote it lol. At least, somebody without a Halo avatar. I've played games all my life and I can think of like five 10/10 games lol.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:31:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I honestly hate the progression system and the weapon drops.
The AA's are basically just equipment and power-ups from H3 except they regenerate and you spawn with them. This is WAYYYY better than how Reach did it, but I still like weapons and equipment to be scattered around.

The main problem I have with H4 is the maps. When you take away the weapon spawns, there is NO incentive to go to a specific area. The flow is severely lacking.

The campaign is good from what I've played.

They nailed the movement. I don't like Sprint though. Why can't a Spartan run more than a metre before getting tired???
IMO, the Sprint speed should be the default speed.

It's good balance-wise, though some weapons (I'm looking at you Carbine and Boltshot) are kinda useless compared to things like the BR and Saw.

Vehicles are amazing.

Graphics aren't the best, but they are still beautiful. PUT HALO 4 ON PC!!!!!!!

The menus don't make my eyes bleed like in Reach.

WHY CANT WE FORGE ON MORE THAN THREE MAPS????????

Overall, this game will succeed for me only if the Custom Games community makes more Trash Compactor, Fat Kid, Jenga, and Omega Journey type maps. This was perhaps my biggest complaint about Reach.

My score: Scores don't matter.

You still want my score? You don't care you say?

Fine. Here it is out of spite.

8.5 Multiplayer
9.75 Campaign
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
airmax1227
Posts: 13,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:37:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:31:26 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Thanks for the review; everything sounds on point. Though, like Z said, I'd feel better about it if anybody else wrote it lol. At least, somebody without a Halo avatar. I've played games all my life and I can think of like five 10/10 games lol.

I've never been a fan of the Halo series... Just not my kind of game, and I play nearly everything.. But I just have to know, what are these 5 10/10 games?
Debate.org Moderator
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:42:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well written review.

Ah yes, the good old days of shooting elites in their hinge-like faces. I do declare that this story line creates a little bit of friction with the book: glasslands. Which is supposed to run parallel to halo 4.

Are the prometheans forerunners? Cuz thats impossible.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:43:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My 10/10's would be Kotor, Battlefield 3, Battlefront 2, and Jedi Knight Academy.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:43:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:42:37 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Well written review.

Ah yes, the good old days of shooting elites in their hinge-like faces. I do declare that this story line creates a little bit of friction with the book: glasslands. Which is supposed to run parallel to halo 4.

Are the prometheans forerunners? Cuz thats impossible.

They are like AI or some weird plot device.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:48:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:37:43 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:31:26 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Thanks for the review; everything sounds on point. Though, like Z said, I'd feel better about it if anybody else wrote it lol. At least, somebody without a Halo avatar. I've played games all my life and I can think of like five 10/10 games lol.

I've never been a fan of the Halo series... Just not my kind of game, and I play nearly everything.. But I just have to know, what are these 5 10/10 games?

Uh, I didn't have 5 in mind, I just know there aren't many lol. Off the top, I'd say Half-Life 2, TLOZ: Wind Waker, Shadow of the Colossus, Portal, Resident Evil 4, KOTOR 2, and MGS: Snake Eater are 10/10's.

I'm not saying Halo 4 shouldn't get it; I've never played it lol. It certainly had a larger budget than any of the above.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 1:45:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:48:48 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:37:43 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:31:26 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Thanks for the review; everything sounds on point. Though, like Z said, I'd feel better about it if anybody else wrote it lol. At least, somebody without a Halo avatar. I've played games all my life and I can think of like five 10/10 games lol.

I've never been a fan of the Halo series... Just not my kind of game, and I play nearly everything.. But I just have to know, what are these 5 10/10 games?

Uh, I didn't have 5 in mind, I just know there aren't many lol. Off the top, I'd say Half-Life 2, TLOZ: Wind Waker, Shadow of the Colossus, Portal, Resident Evil 4, KOTOR 2, and MGS: Snake Eater are 10/10's.

I'm not saying Halo 4 shouldn't get it; I've never played it lol. It certainly had a larger budget than any of the above.

KOTOR 2 would have been a 10/10 if LucasArts would have let them finish the fucking game.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 1:46:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
My 10/10 games would be Fallout 3, Skyrim, Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Mass Effect, BioShock.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 1:55:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"KOTOR 2 would have been a 10/10 if LucasArts would have let them finish the fing game."
True story.

WTF was that ending???
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 2:14:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/9/2012 1:45:10 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:48:48 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:37:43 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:31:26 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Thanks for the review; everything sounds on point. Though, like Z said, I'd feel better about it if anybody else wrote it lol. At least, somebody without a Halo avatar. I've played games all my life and I can think of like five 10/10 games lol.

I've never been a fan of the Halo series... Just not my kind of game, and I play nearly everything.. But I just have to know, what are these 5 10/10 games?

Uh, I didn't have 5 in mind, I just know there aren't many lol. Off the top, I'd say Half-Life 2, TLOZ: Wind Waker, Shadow of the Colossus, Portal, Resident Evil 4, KOTOR 2, and MGS: Snake Eater are 10/10's.

I'm not saying Halo 4 shouldn't get it; I've never played it lol. It certainly had a larger budget than any of the above.

KOTOR 2 would have been a 10/10 if LucasArts would have let them finish the fucking game.

Funny, the endings (or lack thereof) are what made me exclude Fallout 3 and Skyrim from my list. They still deserve it, though. I'm currently playing Skyrim for the second time and plan to replay Fallout right after lol.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 7:01:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:42:37 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Well written review.

Ah yes, the good old days of shooting elites in their hinge-like faces. I do declare that this story line creates a little bit of friction with the book: glasslands. Which is supposed to run parallel to halo 4.

Are the prometheans forerunners? Cuz thats impossible.

That would be a big spoiler to answer that question, so I'm not gonna say what they are.

But, it is quite interesting once you get that "Revelations" moment.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 7:03:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
And for those complaining about the 10/10 review, I seriously did think of all the things I didn't like, on ever level.

For instance, BB's complaint about AA and the way power weapons work is nullified by the inclusion of a Slayer Pro playlist, which is basically Halo 3 in Halo 4. Plus, MLG will be coming out soon.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 9:02:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/9/2012 7:03:20 AM, OberHerr wrote:
And for those complaining about the 10/10 review, I seriously did think of all the things I didn't like, on ever level.

For instance, BB's complaint about AA and the way power weapons work is nullified by the inclusion of a Slayer Pro playlist, which is basically Halo 3 in Halo 4. Plus, MLG will be coming out soon.

True.
I can definately see why you think it's 10/10 though.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 5:22:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm going to pick this game up soon. Ober, feel free to send me a message if you wanna play. I cannot guarantee I will be able to play though.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 6:44:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I really miss the Halo 3 maps.
These ones seem really samey and dull.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 7:06:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Team Slayer Pro"
"Population: 600"

-_-
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 7:07:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You're wrong. Slayer Pro still has loadouts...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 2:58:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
So I just tried out Forge...
WHAT THE FROGFLIP???

How the hell can you do ANYTHING with those tiny three maps???

This is bad news. The main draw of Halo to me is custom games. Without good maps, Halo 4 will die sooner than it should for me.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 7:42:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 2:58:57 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
So I just tried out Forge...
WHAT THE FROGFLIP???

How the hell can you do ANYTHING with those tiny three maps???

This is bad news. The main draw of Halo to me is custom games. Without good maps, Halo 4 will die sooner than it should for me.

In Halo 3, people made awesome maps. Forge World is NOT required to make good maps.

Also, you can forge on every map......I don't see why you think its restricted to those three. And their pretty big actually, though I personally don't see why the didn't just re-do Forge World. Hopefully the DLC will have something. But, regardless, few people used much more space than most of the maps sizes are anyways in their maps.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 9:10:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
-The maps vary from ok to just sucky in my opinion.

-The... saw... is... simply... amazing.

-Flood a.k.a. zombies has improved alot

-The sniper is OP in my opinion now. I mean I suck at sniper and I am no scoping like there ain't no tomorrow. Though I believe somebody said 343 plans to fix this in an update, so this shouldn't be a biggie.

This is what I have noticed in the 3-4 hours of playing halo. As of now, I don't think it deserves a 10/10, maybe closer to a 9. Though I'm not the best person to rate video games since I only probably only ever get 2-3 new games a year.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 9:58:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 7:42:25 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 11/14/2012 2:58:57 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
So I just tried out Forge...
WHAT THE FROGFLIP???

How the hell can you do ANYTHING with those tiny three maps???

This is bad news. The main draw of Halo to me is custom games. Without good maps, Halo 4 will die sooner than it should for me.

In Halo 3, people made awesome maps. Forge World is NOT required to make good maps.
I don't mean Forgeworld. I mean maps like Sandbox and Foundry. I don't want pre-built structures cutting off my map.
Halo 3's forge sucked at launch as well. Hopefully DLC will fix it.
Also, you can forge on every map......I don't see why you think its restricted to those three. And their pretty big actually, though I personally don't see why the didn't just re-do Forge World. Hopefully the DLC will have something. But, regardless, few people used much more space than most of the maps sizes are anyways in their maps.

The main problem with Forge World is that it had no variety.
Also, you can't put structure pieces on any other maps than the three.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 4:00:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 9:58:20 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 11/14/2012 7:42:25 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 11/14/2012 2:58:57 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
So I just tried out Forge...
WHAT THE FROGFLIP???

How the hell can you do ANYTHING with those tiny three maps???

This is bad news. The main draw of Halo to me is custom games. Without good maps, Halo 4 will die sooner than it should for me.

In Halo 3, people made awesome maps. Forge World is NOT required to make good maps.
I don't mean Forgeworld. I mean maps like Sandbox and Foundry. I don't want pre-built structures cutting off my map.

There aren't any on the space one I believe, and there is plenty of room on the other two. Though, I think they should have just made variants of Forge World, or expanded it, like a snow place, desert, grass, ect.

I like the variety in the main maps, but Forge World was still better IMO.

Halo 3's forge sucked at launch as well. Hopefully DLC will fix it.
Also, you can forge on every map......I don't see why you think its restricted to those three. And their pretty big actually, though I personally don't see why the didn't just re-do Forge World. Hopefully the DLC will have something. But, regardless, few people used much more space than most of the maps sizes are anyways in their maps.

The main problem with Forge World is that it had no variety.
Also, you can't put structure pieces on any other maps than the three.

Mainly because not many others are big enough, and because the ones that are already have structures.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 12:55:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I like the story more than the game. In my opinion, if you want a shooting game, go get one of the other millions, but If you're looking one with a story, then Halo is the bomb.

My question: The lifegiver put thousands of the old humans into prometheans and left them, but why didn't the forerunners come back to them for help during the forerunner flood war? The forerunners instead went to the cities of the artificially diminished humans and got down on their knees to beg for help, but why didn't they question the Prometheans? They knew they existed didn't they? The prometheans still had their human consciousnesses from before the war, yet the forerunners looked towards the de-evolved humans????????????
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 8:24:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 12:55:36 AM, Smithereens wrote:
I like the story more than the game. In my opinion, if you want a shooting game, go get one of the other millions, but If you're looking one with a story, then Halo is the bomb.

My question: The lifegiver put thousands of the old humans into prometheans and left them, but why didn't the forerunners come back to them for help during the forerunner flood war?

Well, they made the Prometheans specifically for the Flood-Forerunner war, but Didact used humanity, the stone-age humanity the Forerunners reduced us to, to create them.

The forerunners instead went to the cities of the artificially diminished humans and got down on their knees to beg for help, but why didn't they question the Prometheans? They knew they existed didn't they?

I'm not sure what they did with the advanced humans.

The prometheans still had their human consciousnesses from before the war, yet the forerunners looked towards the de-evolved humans????????????

The Promethean-Humans were stone age humanity, not advanced.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-