Jump to topic:

The first Superstar

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:15:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is as high an intensity of stardom as any one person has ever achieved. When that glove and hat hit the audience, you can be assured blood was immediately spilled to get them. I still get chills every time I see this.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:23:19 PM
http://m.youtube.com...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 10:32:54 PM
At 11/9/2012 9:54:41 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Queen was good, no, great, but could never,would never F*ck with Michael Jackson dude.

The Beatles would crush that man.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 10:33:41 PM
At 11/9/2012 8:23:19 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Although the Beatles are the biggest seller OAT, Jackson's "Thriller" is the highest selling single album OAT and came when the audience for popular music was greatly expanded. IOWs Jackson's fame came in a much more concentrated dose over a shorter period of time.

The Beatles are without a doubt #1 in the most general sense, of course.

I was looking through the top 40 pop artists OAT and Jay-Z was listing in the mid 20s as the top Hip Hop artist. That S.O.B. wouldn't be first if it weren't for Tupac and Biggie dying, Wu-Tang not being as commercially acceptable, and Eminem missing rap's hey-day completely. Jay-Z has sold the most albums and epitomizes "commercial" rap which pretty much is why rap sucks nowadays, it's just Jay-Z wannabes everywhere bragging about all the money they pretend they have. I probably wouldn't hate on Jay-Z so much if he had been the only one with that particular style.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 10:35:58 PM
Compared to me Jay-Z is lazy.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 11:43:12 PM
Unfortunently, I didn't fully appreciate him until he was dead. But yeah, he's a true superstar and an outstanding performer. Its always great watching some of his dances on Youtube. It just seems to come natural to him.

I still wonder what would have happened if he didn't die and tried to to that huge tour he had planned. Plenty of people said there's no way someone in his condition (or anyone, really) could have even done half of it without having a physical breakdown.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 12:08:57 AM
I'm a Stones man myself, but they don't hold a candle to the man when it comes to performances.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 10:41:58 AM
Queen was good, no, great, but could never,would never F*ck with Michael Jackson dude.

Hell to the no. Michael Jackson was great, but Queen could have knocked the black out of Michael Jackson a second time.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 10:45:08 AM

And besides, Jackson couldn't do real live performances, he was just a lip syncer. With Queen, every performance, is a real, live performance.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 10:50:20 AM

The Beatles were the first, but they got outsold in their home country, the UK, by Queen, as Queen's Greatest Hits album is the #1 album in British history, beating out Sgt. Pepper. Queen was the best. Ever.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 1:37:51 PM
At 11/9/2012 8:15:20 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

This is as high an intensity of stardom as any one person has ever achieved. When that glove and hat hit the audience, you can be assured blood was immediately spilled to get them. I still get chills every time I see this.

I love how he's on the stage BY HIMESELF, no gimmicks, and still entertaining a crowd of thousands. Awesome.
yang.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 2:20:33 PM
At 11/9/2012 10:33:41 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Although the Beatles are the biggest seller OAT, Jackson's "Thriller" is the highest selling single album OAT and came when the audience for popular music was greatly expanded. IOWs Jackson's fame came in a much more concentrated dose over a shorter period of time.

The Beatles are without a doubt #1 in the most general sense, of course.

I was looking through the top 40 pop artists OAT and Jay-Z was listing in the mid 20s as the top Hip Hop artist. That S.O.B. wouldn't be first if it weren't for Tupac and Biggie dying, Wu-Tang not being as commercially acceptable, and Eminem missing rap's hey-day completely. Jay-Z has sold the most albums and epitomizes "commercial" rap which pretty much is why rap sucks nowadays, it's just Jay-Z wannabes everywhere bragging about all the money they pretend they have. I probably wouldn't hate on Jay-Z so much if he had been the only one with that particular style.

Jay-Z is pretty lame.. Especially when compared to real lyracists.

Ex: Big L
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 4:38:44 PM
At 11/10/2012 10:45:08 AM, daytonanerd wrote:

And besides, Jackson couldn't do real live performances, he was just a lip syncer. With Queen, every performance, is a real, live performance.

Wtf are you talking about? Michael Jackson worked his @ss off every performance. I wouldn't even consider myself a die hard Michael Jackson fan but I can't just deny obvious truths. NOBODY can touch Michael Jackson's star power. Not Queen, not The Beatles. He was just that big in the 80's and he still is even after his death.
#BlackLivesMatter
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 7:15:18 PM
At 11/10/2012 4:38:44 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

Wtf are you talking about? Michael Jackson worked his @ss off every performance. I wouldn't even consider myself a die hard Michael Jackson fan but I can't just deny obvious truths. NOBODY can touch Michael Jackson's star power. Not Queen, not The Beatles. He was just that big in the 80's and he still is even after his death.

Queen was probably the most popular band throughout the world in the 80's, and I personally think they eclipsed Michael Jackson. They just are under appreciated because the US didn't appreciate them at their peak. Jackson just danced and lip synced, while Queen did the full deal. You can't deny that Queen's live performances were simply the best we have ever seen.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 8:13:21 PM
At 11/10/2012 10:50:20 AM, daytonanerd wrote:

The Beatles were the first, but they got outsold in their home country, the UK, by Queen, as Queen's Greatest Hits album is the #1 album in British history, beating out Sgt. Pepper. Queen was the best. Ever.

One album =/= Bigger
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 8:15:37 PM
At 11/10/2012 7:15:18 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Queen was probably the most popular band throughout the world in the 80's, and I personally think they eclipsed Michael Jackson. They just are under appreciated because the US didn't appreciate them at their peak. Jackson just danced and lip synced, while Queen did the full deal. You can't deny that Queen's live performances were simply the best we have ever seen.

Even MADONNA outsold Queen.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 8:47:40 PM
At 11/10/2012 8:15:37 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 11/10/2012 7:15:18 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Even MADONNA outsold Queen.

Because of our country, the US. We bought into mainstream crap from the 80's on, and have kept doing that.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 11:12:53 PM
At 11/10/2012 8:21:56 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm intrigued by the sheer enthusiasm he mustered from the crowd.

He was the most talented performer ever. His music was original and ground-breaking. His vocal-range gave him an unbelievable singing ability. His dancing was absolute 100th percentile; nobody was smoother. And above all this, there was this sex-symbol quality to him that outshined all the aforementioned traits... Just look at him pull out that glove. O'Reilly.jpg "you can't explain that..."
Beliefs in a nutshell:
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2012 5:35:07 PM
At 11/11/2012 11:12:53 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 11/10/2012 8:21:56 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm intrigued by the sheer enthusiasm he mustered from the crowd.

He was the most talented performer ever. His music was original and ground-breaking. His vocal-range gave him an unbelievable singing ability. His dancing was absolute 100th percentile; nobody was smoother. And above all this, there was this sex-symbol quality to him that outshined all the aforementioned traits... Just look at him pull out that glove. O'Reilly.jpg "you can't explain that..."

Good God, no.

Freddie Mercury was the best. His vocal range is WAY bigger than MJ's, I will probably concede dancing to MJ. But Sex Symbol, that is The territory of Freddie. The whole audience cheers when he takes his jacket or shirt off, every time. In intermissions, he would put a new jacket and shirt on, so the audience would have that same thrill, and they did have the same thrill. By the end of the concert, Freddie had no shirt and was sweating bullets, but that's the way we love him. And that Moustache... Oh the Moustache. His wispy beard during 1989 was also very enviable. Jackson became a pale, white, weird-nosed child molester in the very end, while Freddie was just paler, and had no facial hair. But still the same man.

In fact, let's extend on that. Throughout his whole career, Freddie was still Freddie. His personality and his charm never changed, and was consistently awesome. Jackson was inconsistent. He was a child star, then acted in The Wiz(a bad thing), Entered his Thriller days(good), then became a straight haired, creepy looking child molester, who had so many nose surgeries, and at the end, he still thought of himself as the Barbara Streisand of noses. Jackson became weird and grabbed his crotch. Hell, his voice changed to become sounding like a chld. Freddie was the same. Jackson was never consistent.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2012 6:22:10 PM
Steve Perry.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 12:43:41 AM
I just read up on the molestation thing... apparently there was some pretty good evidence to the contrary and his accusers got away with millions off him.

Beliefs in a nutshell: