Jump to topic:

Dubstep?

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 7:55:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Question to people under 18. Do most people actually like this music or is there mixed reviews? Most people I know don't like dubstep, but thats cause I'm older, so i'm curious what the effect is.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 7:56:42 PM
Take yo dubstep and go fvck yourself.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 8:04:09 PM
Wub wub wub
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 8:21:45 PM
Massive, it depends.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 8:53:39 PM
I used to listen to Dubstep alot, but my taste in music has gradually changed over the last year. I hardly ever listen to Dubstep that has a "hard drop" anymore. Some of the few dubstep artist I have kept on my playlist is Nero, Rhyno, Porter Robinson, and deadmau5(though most of his songs aren't even dubstep really). I instead listen more to DnB, electronica, electro house, anything around that genre. ENR(Electronic network music) and Glitch mob is among my favorites these days and I hardly ever miss a day without hearing one of their songs.

If I was to guess why younger people like dubstep so much, it's because it closely matches the modern trend of pop music that younger people like to listen to. There is something about a good drop that makes you go yeeeees and makes you bob your head. Dubstep is also a favorite of pot heads, but I don't smoke so I wouldn't know why. Paradox on the other hand...

I find that most dubstep songs I like these days comes from lone artist that are just starting out. I believe it's because they let their creativity run more wild when making a song then a mainstream artist would. I guess when one successful song makes you millions, the logical thing to do is to make 30 nearly identical copies of the song. But hey, that's just my opinion. Maybe I'm just biased towards new artist since they aren't "hip" or "cool". Here's two of my favorite songs. I believe the first one is electronica and the second one is dubstep.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 11:22:01 PM
Dubstep has mixed reviews among the youth population - it has both a large following and a large number of people whom dislike it.

As for myself, I listen to a wide range of music from classical to Albert Hammond to the Bee Gees to Michael Jackson etc. Dubstep is trash in my eyes. One might say that my preference of music from the past is very odd for my age group - most youth can't fathom how music from 30 years back can be good (pick the right songs though...) . Luckily some of my friends can...
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 8:00:58 PM
Most of the people I know like dubstep, I'm a huge fan of skrillex.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 8:10:14 PM
Used to like it. Still like Skrillex - Equinox and some other songs but not much else.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2012 12:25:29 AM
I don't get why people dislike dubstep.. lol

I listen to a variety of music, but primarily dubstep.

Here are couple; because I'm in a sharing mood.. ;>
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.