Jump to topic:

The new season of TV

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 2:57:51 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Anyone watch a bit of telly here? How do you think the new eps of everything is going? Specifically:

Simpsons? Pretty much the same as the last few years... funny and interesting enough for me to take the time to download it, but just not as good as it used to be.

Family Guy? This season is absolute cr@p in my opinion. This weeks episode I didn't laugh once. Two wasted cameos by Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd, 2 of my favourite comic actors.

How I Met Your Mother? Same old same old. I'm enjoying it.

Curb Your Enthusiasm? Excellent, as good as ever.

South Park? There's only been one episode, and I didn't care much for it.

Also, has anyone seen the Cleveland Show yet? Is it worth downloading?
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 3:06:12 PM
At 10/13/2009 2:57:51 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
Anyone watch a bit of telly here? How do you think the new eps of everything is going? Specifically:

Simpsons? Pretty much the same as the last few years... funny and interesting enough for me to take the time to download it, but just not as good as it used to be.

Family Guy? This season is absolute cr@p in my opinion. This weeks episode I didn't laugh once. Two wasted cameos by Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd, 2 of my favourite comic actors.

How I Met Your Mother? is doing ok...

the office is awesome...
big bang is still funny...
bones is ok...
ncis is ok...
mentalist is doing good...
survivor is funny...
the next iron chef is good...
top chef is ok...
the ultimate fighter is good...

can not wait for lost...
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 3:09:41 PM
At 10/13/2009 3:06:12 PM, comoncents wrote:

the office is awesome...

I can't watch the American version of the Office.... it's been done earlier and better in the British version. Then again, I haven't watched an ep since first season when they were just recycling plots from the Brit version, so perhaps I should give it another chance.

bones is ok...
ncis is ok...
survivor is funny...
top chef is ok...

can not wait for lost...

I'm totally out of the loop for Lost. When the entire series wraps up I'm just going to buy the DVDs and watch them straight through. You miss one episode of that show you are, in fact, Lost.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 3:18:17 PM
At 10/13/2009 3:09:41 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 10/13/2009 3:06:12 PM, comoncents wrote:

the office is awesome...

I can't watch the American version of the Office.... it's been done earlier and better in the British version. Then again, I haven't watched an ep since first season when they were just recycling plots from the Brit version, so perhaps I should give it another chance.

bones is ok...
ncis is ok...
survivor is funny...
top chef is ok...

can not wait for lost...

I'm totally out of the loop for Lost. When the entire series wraps up I'm just going to buy the DVDs and watch them straight through. You miss one episode of that show you are, in fact, Lost.

hahaha
yeah
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2009 12:09:31 PM
I love TV, but the only things I watch are CNN and ESPN all day long (sometimes even on mute - but it's always on lol). Other than that, I watch Weeds regularly... I only saw one episode of season 5 though, and it was complete crap... along with The Tudors (which I also have to catch up on, because I recently got Showtime back) and House. So far, House has been okay from what I've seen. I only watch the cartoons you've mentioned when they're on Adult Swim, so usually old ones or repeats. I don't keep up with them at all. I also enjoy silly reality TV like Top Chef though haven't kept up with that regularly either. Sitcoms I catch when flipping through... I dunno. I catch repeats of those as well.

I guess I'm not much of an avid TV watcher anymore. I'm actually scared that I've become a boring person because I've shunned most fictional things. I can no longer enjoy a novel or other work of fiction! Isn't that SAD? They tend to bore me now! I'd much rather read philosophy or physics. Similarly, I'd rather watch CNN or rent a documentary than see a movie or watch TV. It's awful. I want to be normal again lol :P
President of DDO
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2009 12:14:08 PM
No need to download the Cleveland show, you can stream it at hulu.com for free. I actually liked it well enough. I wouldn't rave about it, but it is good enough to watch.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2009 3:18:51 PM
I guess I'm not much of an avid TV watcher anymore. I'm actually scared that I've become a boring person because I've shunned most fictional things. I can no longer enjoy a novel or other work of fiction! Isn't that SAD? They tend to bore me now! I'd much rather read philosophy or physics. Similarly, I'd rather watch CNN or rent a documentary than see a movie or watch TV. It's awful. I want to be normal again lol :P

Oh, that is sad man. I love a good bit of non-fiction reading, but nothing beats a good story or some good comedy in my eyes. I go to the cinema at least once a week (usually by myself because my girlfriend works late haha), regardless what's on. I write a lot of fiction and screenplays and stuff, so I see going to the movies or watching TV as 'homework'.

But the heart wants what it wants man and the mind's no different.

What about when you're stoned... you don't like just switching off the old brain every now and then and watching some hideously stupid sitcom or cartoon?

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2009 3:19:18 PM
At 10/14/2009 12:14:08 PM, JBlake wrote:
No need to download the Cleveland show, you can stream it at hulu.com for free. I actually liked it well enough. I wouldn't rave about it, but it is good enough to watch.

Thanks man!

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2009 10:50:45 AM
At 10/14/2009 12:09:31 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I love TV, but the only things I watch are CNN and ESPN all day long (sometimes even on mute - but it's always on lol). Other than that, I watch Weeds regularly... I only saw one episode of season 5 though, and it was complete crap... along with The Tudors (which I also have to catch up on, because I recently got Showtime back) and House. So far, House has been okay from what I've seen. I only watch the cartoons you've mentioned when they're on Adult Swim, so usually old ones or repeats. I don't keep up with them at all. I also enjoy silly reality TV like Top Chef though haven't kept up with that regularly either. Sitcoms I catch when flipping through... I dunno. I catch repeats of those as well.

the last season of weeds was the best...
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 8:31:32 AM
At 10/16/2009 8:29:20 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Comoncents: I haven't seen season 5 yet, but I own all 4 of the previous seasons.

it starts slow... but ends awesome... it is the best season among all of them... even the first

the fifth is the last one right...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 8:36:41 AM
Leethal: I used to get high and watch The Boondocks all the time... holy crap! LMFAO to say the least. My ex (was a HUGE pot-head... Vi is not) and I used to get high and watch kids movies, like Madagascar, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, etc. Nothing is better than Madagascar stoned by the way. But anyway, since then, not so much! I find that almost ANY movie is better (more entertaining) stoned, so it really doesn't matter what I watch.

And also - don't judge me - these days I'm high just about all the time lol (still got a perfect score on EVERYTHING I've done for school so far this semester, by the way) and since I usually just watch CNN all day, it tends to be on when I'm smoking... which really isn't fun, but it doesn't matter. Haha and yes, I don't think I am ever on DDO sober lol. Even now at 10:30 in the morning :P

Anyway, back to my point -- I think I need someone around me who likes watching mindless things on TV ion order to get back into that mode. Vi likes nerdy things like I do, so we mostly sit around watching documentaries and stuff haha. But it's cool.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 8:42:32 AM
At 10/16/2009 8:31:32 AM, comoncents wrote:
Comoncents: I haven't seen season 5 yet, but I own all 4 of the previous seasons.

it starts slow... but ends awesome... it is the best season among all of them... even the first

the fifth is the last one right...

Hush! Don't say anymore! I want to be surprised lol. The first season of Weeds was god... so was the 2nd and 3rd though. The 4th one got a little shakey. I only saw 1 episode of Season 5 and it was bad. I can't believe Shane grew up! Ahh! Don't tell me anything that happens -- I'm eagerly awaiting the release of S5 on DVD (since I have Showtime now but not On Demand).
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 4:41:06 PM
At 10/16/2009 8:42:32 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 10/16/2009 8:31:32 AM, comoncents wrote:

Hush! Don't say anymore! I want to be surprised lol. The first season of Weeds was god... so was the 2nd and 3rd though. The 4th one got a little shakey. I only saw 1 episode of Season 5 and it was bad. I can't believe Shane grew up! Ahh! Don't tell me anything that happens -- I'm eagerly awaiting the release of S5 on DVD (since I have Showtime now but not On Demand).

I am soooo glad you wrote this... my next post was going to be the entire season... word for word, scene for scene.
(jk)

i hate when people spoil things!