Jump to topic:

Doctor Who

harrypotterfantng
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 6:06:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
All things Doctor Who, I guess. Debate your favorite characters, Doctor, or anything else that meets your fancy. Allons-y!
*BowTiesRcool!*
harrypotterfantng
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 6:13:19 PM
Okay, guess I'll start. My question: ClassicWho or NuWho? Why?

To answer my own question, let me begin by saying that I love both. To me, Doctor Who is Doctor Who, but in the case of this question, I have to go with ClassicWho, only because there is more of it to enjoy. Maybe after NuWho is on for forty years, I will change my opinion, but for now I'm going with ClassicWho! Even though the older episodes have some pretty embarrassing special effects, the stories are brilliantly written. So are the ones written today, but I guess the older ones have more quality because they were awesome even without all the special effects.

That's my spiel, anyway.
*BowTiesRcool!*
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 10:08:15 PM
I have yet to watch any Classic Who essentially because it isn't available in any easy way.. I'd have to either rent it or buy it... but you know, it's 2012. That just doesn't work for me :P

I'll get around to it eventually but for now the newer who series is on netflix and I have watched each episode at least twice by now. It's fantastic. Love it. Dressed up like Dr. Who for halloween. I force everybody close to me to watch it (read: annoy them with my whovian enthusiasm until they finally give in and watch it). It's just an awesome show.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 10:36:30 PM
At 12/21/2012 10:08:15 PM, Oryus wrote:
I have yet to watch any Classic Who essentially because it isn't available in any easy way.. I'd have to either rent it or buy it... but you know, it's 2012. That just doesn't work for me :P

I'll get around to it eventually but for now the newer who series is on netflix and I have watched each episode at least twice by now. It's fantastic. Love it. Dressed up like Dr. Who for halloween. I force everybody close to me to watch it (read: annoy them with my whovian enthusiasm until they finally give in and watch it). It's just an awesome show.

What's the best one on Netflix?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 1:40:04 AM
At 12/21/2012 10:36:30 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

The best what? Episode? Season? Doctor?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 2:14:16 AM
At 12/24/2012 1:40:04 AM, Oryus wrote:

Episode. I've watched maybe two.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 10:44:49 PM
At 12/17/2012 6:06:13 PM, harrypotterfantng wrote:
All things Doctor Who, I guess. Debate your favorite characters, Doctor, or anything else that meets your fancy. Allons-y!

Doctor Who is a quite enjoyable show. I rather like the last two Doctors.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 4:46:44 AM
At 12/24/2012 2:14:16 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

Episode. I've watched maybe two.

I really don't know... It's groups of episodes... Some of my favorites are in the later seasons but you wouldn't get the full greatness of them unless you had watched the preceding seasons... hard to say.
:
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 11:40:30 AM

Blink in Season 3 for me. First appearance of the weeping angels, come on. Sally Sparrow needs to be a companion already.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 11:41:00 AM

Classic Who is available on Netflix now.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 11:49:43 AM
David Tennant FTW!
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 11:50:25 AM
At 4/11/2013 11:49:43 AM, muzebreak wrote:
David Tennant FTW!
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:15:58 PM
The latest doctor finally started to grow on me last arc. This season has been okay so far. No great shakes.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 1:27:12 PM

http://www.1channel.ch...

"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 10:00:39 PM
Why oh why did 10 have to go?

*Feels*
harrypotterfantng
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:37:05 AM

I started out like that too, but then I found a load of ClassicWho on DailyMotion.com for free, mostly Four and Seven, which is cool with me, because they are my favorite classic Doctors.
*BowTiesRcool!*
thedebatekid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:00:46 AM
My favorite Doctor has to be David Tennant. He did a good job of mixing the character. Smart, crazy, and serious when he needs to be. I think that this made him the best Doctor so far in the NuWho series.
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop? 1, 2, 3, *crunch* SON OF A !@#%!@#$!@$%$^^$$#%!!!

Expanse: Trapped in Reality
- Looking for Criticism
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 8:42:43 PM
At 4/11/2013 1:27:12 PM, phantom wrote:

They put Classic who on netflix recently :D
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 8:43:46 PM
At 4/11/2013 11:40:30 AM, Noumena wrote:

Blink in Season 3 for me. First appearance of the weeping angels, come on. Sally Sparrow needs to be a companion already.

Blink and The Impossible Astronaut... That whole season really....
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 10:40:25 PM
River Song, I love you.
:
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 6:46:55 AM
At 5/14/2013 10:40:25 PM, Oryus wrote:
River Song, I love you.

Worst thing to happen to Dr Who. The actress who plays her is intolerable.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 8:47:40 AM
At 5/15/2013 6:46:55 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
River Song, I love you.

You do know I have to burn yer house down now......with lemons.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 10:12:53 AM
At 5/15/2013 8:47:40 AM, Noumena wrote:
River Song, I love you.

And a huge number of fans of Dr Who. She is rather unpopular.
And who do you think you are dealing with? Some saturday morning cartoon evil Brit? Ha! To protect myself from ironic mishaps I have lemon proofed my house a long time ago...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 10:32:58 AM
At 5/15/2013 10:12:53 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
River Song, I love you.

And who do you think you are dealing with? Some saturday morning cartoon evil Brit? Ha! To protect myself from ironic mishaps I have lemon proofed my house a long time ago...

That's ok. Maybe it's just another thing you have to be American (a citizen of the greatest country on Earth in every way) to understand.
:
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 8:16:54 PM
At 4/11/2013 11:41:00 AM, Noumena wrote:
Classic Who is available on Netflix now.

At 4/22/2013 8:42:43 PM, Oryus wrote:
They put Classic who on netflix recently :D

Get my hopes up and then crush them why don't you. There's some Classic Who on Netflix, they by no means added the whole shebang. I was hoping I'd be able to watch what I don't have downloaded.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 4:18:23 AM
At 5/15/2013 10:32:58 AM, Oryus wrote:
River Song, I love you.

That's ok. Maybe it's just another thing you have to be American (a citizen of the greatest country on Earth in every way) to understand.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 6:28:52 AM
We have started to watch it regularly on the ABC here. It's on on a... Sunday... night? I dunno. It's on the only channel we really ever have on so we don't miss it. Might be Monday. Anyway, my partner and I have been talking about acquiring some more of the seasons. It's hard to know where to start really.

Very interesting and fun looking show.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 1:58:04 PM
At 5/16/2013 6:28:52 AM, tvellalott wrote:
We have started to watch it regularly on the ABC here. It's on on a... Sunday... night? I dunno. It's on the only channel we really ever have on so we don't miss it. Might be Monday. Anyway, my partner and I have been talking about acquiring some more of the seasons. It's hard to know where to start really.

A lot of Classic Who isn't available as Korashk pointed out (don't worry Korashk I was just as disappointed). However, all of the new series (rebooted in 2005) is available on Netflix save for the current season. I'd start with the new series if I were you, though be aware that you'll have to endure the ninth doctor for a series.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 9:30:45 PM
At 5/16/2013 6:28:52 AM, tvellalott wrote:

Start with "Season 2" on Netflix but skip The Christmas Invasion episode. Watch until you're caught up, then watch "Season 1" and The Christmas Invasion, then watch whatever you can find because pre-millennial Doctor Who is HARD to find outside of a few popular storylines.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2013 12:29:10 PM
At 5/16/2013 4:18:23 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 5/15/2013 10:32:58 AM, Oryus wrote:
River Song, I love you.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...

Hahahhahah XD
: