Jump to topic:

"Downtown Abbey" show

Yarely
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2013 6:58:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
My mom's obsessed with that show now and I don't know why but I can't stand watching it. It's painful.
It's basically about a bunch of rich snobs in a larger than university-sized estate and their petty dramatic lives.

How is that even remotely interesting? "Oh dear, my finances are down. I must sell this grandiose estate for a smaller one."

And the old women are the worst in that show! Lol I guess it's my incredible bias that makes me hate that show
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 7:11:48 AM
Downton Abbey.

At 1/15/2013 6:58:58 PM, Yarely wrote:
My mom's obsessed with that show now and I don't know why but I can't stand watching it. It's painful.
It's basically about a bunch of rich snobs in a larger than university-sized estate and their petty dramatic lives.

And the lives of those that actually run the house.

How is that even remotely interesting? "Oh dear, my finances are down. I must sell this grandiose estate for a smaller one."

I'm sure there are things you find interesting that others would find dreadfully boring.

And the old women are the worst in that show! Lol I guess it's my incredible bias that makes me hate that show

Maggie Smith is awesome.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 8:41:11 AM
At 1/15/2013 6:58:58 PM, Yarely wrote:

Perhaps you do not understand the elegance of such a complex and highly entertaining show. This is one of the highest rated show ever on PBS.