Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

I Gotta Feeling Cover

I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2009 11:12:19 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/26/2009 10:41:16 AM, comoncents wrote:
If this guy did not suck so bad, it may not have been so bad.


cool video, i guess.

I agree, bad singing + bad image. Still, the concept is cool.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2009 11:34:28 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/26/2009 11:12:19 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/26/2009 10:41:16 AM, comoncents wrote:
If this guy did not suck so bad, it may not have been so bad.


cool video, i guess.

I agree, bad singing + bad image. Still, the concept is cool.

Spot on!
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2009 10:37:09 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Boring concept. Covers have existed for a long time now. It was only a matter of time.

And yes, the singer is Bad, which might have influenced my conclusion.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 10:35:17 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I think you being a huge douche influenced your decision.

Newsflash: The concept wasn't cool because it was a cover, or because of the singer. It was the video, and the presentation of him playing various parts in the song.
President of DDO
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 11:42:33 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
It reminded me of this, which I personally think is way cooler. The song is constructed from samples but instead of just audio samples, he's used the videos too. I think it highlights the creativity of the sampling while adding a visual element.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 11:57:42 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/29/2009 10:35:17 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I think you being a huge douche influenced your decision.

Newsflash: The concept wasn't cool because it was a cover, or because of the singer. It was the video, and the presentation of him playing various parts in the song.

Cool story, gal.

My advice: Stop drinking the rage-juice. Not sure why youre so hostile. I think our discussion in previous topics, and your inability to get past your persecution complex, influenced your decision.

Newsflash: It still isnt new. Theres a vid where this guy sings different parts for a Michael Jackson Tribute. Theres nothing new about it.

*sigh* Women.....
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2009 12:51:02 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
K. But, I still think you're wrong -- Just because something isn't original doesn't mean that it's not good.
President of DDO
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2009 6:00:03 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/30/2009 12:51:02 AM, theLwerd wrote:
K. But, I still think you're wrong -- Just because something isn't original doesn't mean that it's not good.

I never said it wasnt good. I said it was boring. I know plenty of good covers. Infact, one of my favorite Youtube vid is a cover of a song done by Piano. But the concept is boring. Its been done. I feel theres nothing special about this, that makes it anything more than a simple cover.
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2009 9:34:12 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
It's a good idea and must've taken some work, but the cover itself was only decent. Props to the guy for being Asian though.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...