Jump to topic:

2013 TV Show Cancellations *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 3:19:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well ABC has already cancelled these following would be hit shows............

1)Pan Am
2)GCB
3) The River
4) Last Resort
5)Park Avenue
6)Missing

I heard that some more shows on other networks are going out the door.
Do you have any more to list here. =)
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 6:35:10 PM
At 1/24/2013 3:19:30 PM, inferno wrote:

1)Pan Am
2)GCB
3) The River
4) Last Resort
5)Park Avenue
6)Missing

Well, as long as networks do not cancel Spartacus or Game of Thrones, I would be fine.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 6:49:32 PM
Never seen any of them.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 10:42:20 AM
At 1/24/2013 6:35:10 PM, TheElderScroll wrote:

1)Pan Am
2)GCB
3) The River
4) Last Resort
5)Park Avenue
6)Missing

Well, as long as networks do not cancel Spartacus or Game of Thrones, I would be fine.

HBO, and Showtime usually have more control over their programming procedures.
Thank goodness.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 3:57:19 PM

1)Pan Am
2)GCB
3) The River
4) Last Resort
5)Park Avenue
6)Missing

Alas Fox has canceled Fringe, and mid-season to boot! The show's science was of course outlandish, yet it was a bit of enjoyable fare from J. J. Abrams that I'll miss, a wee bit at least. Oh well, at least The Walking Dead is going strong, as far as I know, that is.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 4:19:06 PM

1)Pan Am

That's disappointing. Pan Am was actually really good. Was it riding off the coattails of Mad Men? Sure... still was a 7/10.
Tsar of DDO
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 8:10:43 PM
At 1/25/2013 10:42:20 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/24/2013 6:35:10 PM, TheElderScroll wrote:

1)Pan Am
2)GCB
3) The River
4) Last Resort
5)Park Avenue
6)Missing

HBO, and Showtime usually have more control over their programming procedures.
Thank goodness.

It is true.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 8:12:13 PM
At 1/25/2013 3:57:19 PM, charleslb wrote:

1)Pan Am
2)GCB
3) The River
4) Last Resort
5)Park Avenue
6)Missing

Alas Fox has canceled Fringe, and mid-season to boot! The show's science was of course outlandish, yet it was a bit of enjoyable fare from J. J. Abrams that I'll miss, a wee bit at least. Oh well, at least The Walking Dead is going strong, as far as I know, that is.

I enjoyed the first season, after that...well...
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 1:44:46 AM
At 1/25/2013 8:12:13 PM, TheElderScroll wrote:

1)Pan Am
2)GCB
3) The River
4) Last Resort
5)Park Avenue
6)Missing

I know what you mean, but I still found it enjoyable viewing to the very last episode and will miss it a teeny-weeny bit.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:06:02 AM
At 1/27/2013 1:44:46 AM, charleslb wrote:

1)Pan Am
2)GCB
3) The River
4) Last Resort
5)Park Avenue
6)Missing

I know what you mean, but I still found it enjoyable viewing to the very last episode and will miss it a teeny-weeny bit.

Glad you enjoyed the show. I stop watching it after the second season (when two universes were combined (or connected) via Doomsday machine.)
How does it end eventually?
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 2:55:24 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:06:02 AM, TheElderScroll wrote:

1)Pan Am
2)GCB
3) The River
4) Last Resort
5)Park Avenue
6)Missing

Glad you enjoyed the show. I stop watching it after the second season (when two universes were combined (or connected) via Doomsday machine.)

The last season is no longer concerned with the whole twin universes arc (the hostilities between the two universes were resolved amicably a season or so ago), it focuses on and brings to fruition the time-traveling observers' arc, yielding center stage to them as the arch villains who've invaded our time period to establish a totalitarian state. In the finale the heroes "reset time" thus preventing the invasion by precluding the evolution of humanity into soulless observers, and of course predictably thereby enabling Olivia and Peter to finally live happily ever after with their daughter. Walter, somewhat sadly, disappears from their timeline, but all in all it's a happily-ever-after ending to a far-out journey.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:11:38 PM
At 1/27/2013 2:55:24 PM, charleslb wrote:

1)Pan Am
2)GCB
3) The River
4) Last Resort
5)Park Avenue
6)Missing

The last season is no longer concerned with the whole twin universes arc (the hostilities between the two universes were resolved amicably a season or so ago), it focuses on and brings to fruition the time-traveling observers' arc, yielding center stage to them as the arch villains who've invaded our time period to establish a totalitarian state. In the finale the heroes "reset time" thus preventing the invasion by precluding the evolution of humanity into soulless observers, and of course predictably thereby enabling Olivia and Peter to finally live happily ever after with their daughter. Walter, somewhat sadly, disappears from their timeline, but all in all it's a happily-ever-after ending to a far-out journey.

Invasion of observers ? I always thought William Bill was going to destroy both universes or something.
Glade Olivia and Peter made it.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 12:32:35 AM
At 1/27/2013 7:11:38 PM, TheElderScroll wrote:
At 1/27/2013 2:55:24 PM, charleslb wrote:

1)Pan Am
2)GCB
3) The River
4) Last Resort
5)Park Avenue
6)Missing

Invasion of observers ? I always thought William Bell was going to destroy both universes or something.

Well, you weren't wrong, Bell did make an attempt to carry out a plan that would have created a new universe and annihilate the two already existing universes in the process. Bell, who would have been one of the few holdovers from the extinct universes, would then have proceeded to play God, genetically engineering all of the life-forms to populate a new earth. Fortunately, however, his supremely hubristic plot was thwarted and his dream of godhood led to his downfall rather than his apotheosis.

Glad Olivia and Peter made it.

Me too.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 1:48:07 AM
At 1/28/2013 12:32:35 AM, charleslb wrote:

Well, you weren't wrong, Bell did make an attempt to carry out a plan that would have created a new universe and annihilate the two already existing universes in the process. Bell, who would have been one of the few holdovers from the extinct universes, would then have proceeded to play God, genetically engineering all of the life-forms to populate a new earth. Fortunately, however, his supremely hubristic plot was thwarted and his dream of godhood led to his downfall rather than his apotheosis.

Glad Olivia and Peter made it.

Me too.

An ambitious plan. By playing the role of God and tempering with human life, William Bell would literally live for eternity. It would be interesting to see what would happen if he succeeded. Hopefully he won"t kill his old friend Walter Bishop.

The eventual fate of Dr.William Bell reminds me of a video game created by Capcom: "Resident Evil."
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 9:47:55 AM

1)Pan Am
2)GCB
3) The River
4) Last Resort
5)Park Avenue
6)Missing

Interesting.....
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 1:38:15 AM
Well, recognizing that the other side of out with the old is in with the new, I look forward to a new series, on NBC, that's supposed to debut quite soon, Hannibal, a prequel to Silence of the Lambs that's synopsized in this Wikipedia article,
http://en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series) Yes, it sounds like it might be quite an entertaining bit of fare.

P.S. To navigate to the correct Wikipedia article (as opposed to the one about the historical Hannibal) you apparently have to manually enter _(TV_series)
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 2:26:37 PM
At 1/29/2013 9:20:40 AM, inferno wrote:
What about the show Grim. I love that show on NBC.

It's an enjoyable show but not one of my personal favorites. Btw, I certainly hope that Hannibal will be better than The Following, I just got around to viewing its pilot and I'm afraid that I have to say that there simply isn't anything at all special or intriguing about the plot or its characters (or terribly original; well, a character who's an Edgar Allan Poe-obsessed serial killer seems a tad derivative, perhaps because I recently viewed the John Cusack movie The Raven). We'll see.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 2:39:00 PM
At 1/25/2013 11:57:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

4) Last Resort

This was my favorite show this season packed with action all the way to the end.

It got kinda silly after a while. I stopped watching after the chemical weapons attack.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 11:18:19 PM
At 1/29/2013 2:39:00 PM, Mestari wrote:

4) Last Resort

This was my favorite show this season packed with action all the way to the end.

It got kinda silly after a while. I stopped watching after the chemical weapons attack.

That was the most boring episode but to an extent I agree that the first few episodes were better than the later ones. The threat of nuclear warfare made good entertainment.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2013 8:34:12 AM
At 1/29/2013 2:39:00 PM, Mestari wrote:

4) Last Resort

This show had the most potential. Controversial, edgy, enthralling, grim.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 1:05:45 PM
Good riddance to all of those shows. They range from meh to ugh, which are official rating terms. I can't wait for Revolution to end, too, I predict will happen within the next two seasons. I haven't gotten into a serialized drama since Lost and I'm dying for something new. Maybe I'll finally get into Breaking Bad.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 8:00:17 PM
At 2/2/2013 1:05:45 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Good riddance to all of those shows. They range from meh to ugh, which are official rating terms. I can't wait for Revolution to end, too, I predict will happen within the next two seasons. I haven't gotten into a serialized drama since Lost and I'm dying for something new. Maybe I'll finally get into Breaking Bad.

Breaking Bad is an excellent show, give it a go.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 8:33:07 AM
At 2/2/2013 8:00:17 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 2/2/2013 1:05:45 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Breaking Bad is an excellent show, give it a go.

One of the best shows on television. But what about Hell On Wheels.