Jump to topic:

Funny translations...

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 6:12:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I've just been randomly wikiing stuff and came across the page for Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me. There were some funny translations when screening the movie in countries outside America, such as:

----
Singapore briefly forced a title change to The Spy Who Shioked Me (shioked means "treated nicely"). In Finland the film was called Agentti joka tuuppasi minua (The spy who bumped me), in China The Spy Who Liked Me a Lot. The Italian version was titled La spia che ci provava, which can be roughly translated as The spy who tried to seduce, but in a slightly more provocative way.

Not all countries translated the title into something less raunchy. The Norwegian title of the movie is Spionen som spermet meg, which is a slightly dirtier way of saying "The Spy Who Ejaculated on Me". In Quebec, the title is "Austin Powers: Agent 00sexe" (Austin Powers: Agent 00sex).

----

I love The Spy Who Ejaculated on Me. :D
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 6:23:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/29/2009 6:21:19 PM, theLwerd wrote:
In Italy, they should've called it: La Spia Che Ci Sculacciate - The Spy Who Spanked Me.

Haha yeah, it woulda been better than "The Spy Who Tried to Seduce".

Can you speak Italian?
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5