Jump to topic:

Paranormal Activity

theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2009 9:55:23 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Just saw it last night; it was a very good movie, but wasn't nearly as frightening as all the hype made it seem. The Blair Witch Project got me worse.

Has anyone else gotten a chance to see it? If so, thoughts?
When Reach fell, I came.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 11:20:28 AM
At 10/31/2009 11:16:04 AM, Logical-Master wrote:
The only thing I found paranormal about the film was the missing 7 bucks in my wallet.

It's over $10 in NY/NJ.
President of DDO
untitled_entity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 8:02:44 AM
At 10/31/2009 11:20:28 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 10/31/2009 11:16:04 AM, Logical-Master wrote:
The only thing I found paranormal about the film was the missing 7 bucks in my wallet.

It's over $10 in NY/NJ.

Way cheap LM - try $10.50 with a student discount.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 8:54:58 AM
Everyone is telling me its an awesome film. I would like to see it.
Blair with project is lame.

Movies cost 8 bucks here in utah
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 10:21:56 AM
I saw it, and yeah U_E it was 10.50 for me as well. But after what all my friends told me about it i expected to get freaked out, but it turned out lame.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 1:41:20 PM
At 11/1/2009 1:21:48 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Apparently all debaters have a dislike for this.

I've heard tons of people say that they can't sleep for days.

Panda, it's likely because debaters on this site are probably more logic than most of our friends who do not debate.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 9:12:39 PM
I just saw paranormal activity. It was way freaky! I was trippin' balls when she got pulled out of her bed. The ending was kinda stupid. But that movie was pretty trippy
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 6:37:01 AM
I saw it.

Frankly, japanese horror movies are better. Scarier. And i couldnt sleep for a week after i saw the japanese version of the Grudge. But i slept like a baby after i saw this movie.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 7:00:52 AM
At 11/2/2009 6:37:01 AM, tkubok wrote:
I saw it.

Frankly, japanese horror movies are better. Scarier. And i couldnt sleep for a week after i saw the japanese version of the Grudge. But i slept like a baby after i saw this movie.

Really? I kept thinking i was going to get pulled out of my bed and dragged down the hall all night long
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 7:22:38 AM
At 11/2/2009 7:00:52 AM, philosphical wrote:
Really? I kept thinking i was going to get pulled out of my bed and dragged down the hall all night long

And i suppose that after you watched Saw, you were afraid that a madman would walk up to you, kidnap you, hold your family hostage and force you to saw through your leg in order to save them?
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 2:30:44 PM
At 11/2/2009 7:22:38 AM, tkubok wrote:

And i suppose that after you watched Saw, you were afraid that a madman would walk up to you, kidnap you, hold your family hostage and force you to saw through your leg in order to save them?

Nah. Saw really isn't scary, its just lots of gore.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2009 7:51:29 AM
At 11/2/2009 2:30:44 PM, philosphical wrote:
At 11/2/2009 7:22:38 AM, tkubok wrote:

Nah. Saw really isn't scary, its just lots of gore.

Exactly. And this movie really wasnt scary, its just alot of OMGIMPOSSESSEDHELPLETSRUNAROUNDTHEHOUSESCREAMING
DeadLeaves93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2009 3:25:11 PM
At 11/2/2009 6:37:01 AM, tkubok wrote:

The American counterparts have a tendency to lose the disturbing atmosphere and overall "oh sh!t" effect on the audience, but I thought the 1st US Grudge was was closer to it's Japanese original than others.

However, if you havn't seen it already, try watching the Thai movie "The Shutter", it's very good and way more terrifying than the American Shutter.

As for the subject of Saw 6, was anyone else who saw it pleasently surprised with it's quality? I thought for sure the franchise was in the gutter with the last movie, but this one really turned things around and kept things fresh while keeping the plot intricate in my opinion.
"At last, my arm is complete again!"
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2009 4:35:06 PM
Exactly. And this movie really wasnt scary, its just alot of OMGIMPOSSESSEDHELPLETSRUNAROUNDTHEHOUSESCREAMING

I don't know man, wouldn't you have Ran around the house screaming after seeing all that crazy sh1t?? I mean that ghost freakin' bit her!
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2009 7:58:55 AM
At 11/3/2009 3:25:11 PM, DeadLeaves93 wrote:
The American counterparts have a tendency to lose the disturbing atmosphere and overall "oh sh!t" effect on the audience, but I thought the 1st US Grudge was was closer to it's Japanese original than others.

However, if you havn't seen it already, try watching the Thai movie "The Shutter", it's very good and way more terrifying than the American Shutter.

As for the subject of Saw 6, was anyone else who saw it pleasently surprised with it's quality? I thought for sure the franchise was in the gutter with the last movie, but this one really turned things around and kept things fresh while keeping the plot intricate in my opinion.

American horror movies concentrate too much on Gore and blood to generate scares, while the japanese counterparts use suspense and the fear of the unknown. When i first watched the japanese version of the grudge, it was good BECAUSE the audience was the one that was aware, while the main characters were not, of the presence of the ghosts. Like the scene on the elevator, where the girl gets in, and on every floor we see the little boy right outside the elevator staring in, except for the very last floor. Yet the girl is oblivious because her back is turned to the window. We as an audience know that the hammer is about to fall yet the characters in the movie are oblivious, which is what makes the movie good.

Havent seen Saw 6. I stopped watching the Saw series after 3, cause it became repetative and boring.

At 11/3/2009 4:35:06 PM, philosphical wrote:
I don't know man, wouldn't you have Ran around the house screaming after seeing all that crazy sh1t?? I mean that ghost freakin' bit her!

No. If i saw that, i would go straight to the phone and call James Randi to win the million dollars.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2009 5:13:35 PM
No. If i saw that, i would go straight to the phone and call James Randi to win the million dollars.

Nah that Paranmoral proof challenge is a scam. If you brung them in a video with that stuff, they would just accuse it of being false, and not give the money. And in this case, that wouldn't help either way. That ghost still would have killed them!
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 11:46:45 AM
I just saw it there. I'm probably goign to sleep with the light on. Seriously, was walking home and freaked at every dark lane.

Considering it had a budget of $15,000 it is very good. It slowly draws you in, each incident getting worse. Some retard moments though.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
lilopinion94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 3:27:45 PM
lame lame and lamer it seems the movie got mor hype and credit then it deserved it seems that theyre are no longer any good actual scare you to death scary movies and if there is please share
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 3:35:29 PM
I watched this movie the other night and I think it was a bit silly to be honest. It was kinda scary I guess but too many annoying things took away from the flick. Like, when the ouija board lights on fire, and old mate watched the footage he didn't even say anything about it... that was the craziest thing that happened and he didn't even think it deserved mentioning to his wife.

And speaking of the boyfriend, he was just a f*ckwit. Calling the demon out for a fight and stuff and treating his mrs. like sh*t, and why the hell didn't they just get out of the house instead of staying there for a month. I know the demonologist said that it would follow them to anywhere they go, but at least try it FFS! And why was the chick sleeping closest the bedroom door and not the guy?

I didn't mind the flick but man there was a lot of suspended disbelief expected of the audience. And the writing was lazy, like they could have had it so they set up a CCTV camera downstairs so we could actually see what happened to the guy and stuff instead of just hearing it and having to guess. When writing the script all he would have written was "The dude goes downstairs. We hear screaming". Lazy, lazy stuff... didn't even have to come up with what happened to him let alone work out how to convey that to film.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5