Jump to topic:

PM Chess

Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2009 10:07:22 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Is there anyone here interested in playing chess through the private message system?
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 1:45:33 PM
At 10/30/2009 10:24:38 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
That'd be a little bit impractical, in my opinion. Too easily can a placement discrepancy occur.

Only if you are a beginner.

Ive seen people play chess just by shouting "Rook to D-7. Pawn to F-3." and so forth, without any board, etc. Its a good way to test your memory as well as your skill as a chess player.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 2:03:04 PM
And there is nothing to keep one from having a physical board set up in your house, moving the pieces as each player calls his move. I'm planning (if anyone takes me up on it) on keeping track on paper or on a computer chess game where I can record each move as it happens. Thus, little to no confusion.

Even if something was missed, there would be a permanent record of each move in the PMs; keep the thread, and the game stays intact; one can always go back and retrace the moves if some discrepancy shows up.
mistavega
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2009 4:27:39 AM
Ah you primitive mongrels amuse me with your prehistoric "board games"

You need to join the prestiges ranks of the rest of modern civilization and play "video games"

There in that civilization there is but one epic omnipotent ruler of ownage and his name is I, which is me, which is AWESOME.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2009 3:56:23 PM
At 11/5/2009 4:27:39 AM, mistavega wrote:
Ah, you intelligentsia amuse me with your elegant "board games."

You need to join the prestigious ranks of the rest of modern barbarity and play "video games."

There in that ruin there is but one epic omnipotent ruler of ownage and his name is I, which is me, which is FAIL.

Fixed.

Chuckle...

Look at that again. "There in that civilization there is but one epic omnipotent ruler of ownage and his name is I, which is me, which is AWESOME."

Tweak it a bit, and what do you get?

"In the group composed of all videogamers there is but one epic omnipotent ruler of ownage and his name is I, which is me, which is AWESOME."

Sounds like a debate to me... I'll be CON.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2009 4:00:43 PM
At 11/5/2009 3:56:23 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
Foxed.

Chucky...

Look at that and gain. "There in that civil lizard nation there is boot tone epic omnipotent rules of crown age and his name is It, which is me, which is AWESOME."

Tweklek it at bot, and what dot your got?

"In the group comptrolled losed of all videogamers there is but lone septic omnipotent ruler of town rage and his name is I, which is me, which is AWESOME."

So funds likes a debt ate to me... I'll be COON.

See how utterly pointless that was? Why are yo going around tweaking other peoples posts like that?
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2009 4:31:48 PM
I like this idea. If anyone is up for a game, send me a pm =D
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 4:08:26 PM
Chrysippus and I have been carrying on a game and it's surprisingly simple. Anyone else interested in a match?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...