Jump to topic:

New ps3!

Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 10:56:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I just got a ps3 today (dat tax return ftw!). Anybody here with one. I'm also on xbox live but currently do not have gold.
#BlackLivesMatter
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2013 11:05:20 PM
Thinking about buying one, though if I did buy another console it would probably be the WiiU.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2013 11:08:18 PM
At 2/18/2013 11:05:20 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Thinking about buying one, though if I did buy another console it would probably be the WiiU.

Why? I'm just not interested in it at all. I like that Nintendo is going their own way with games and I'm sure when their signature exclusive titles come out (Metroid, Mario, Zelda) I'll change my tune but for now, it isn't grabbing me.

Right now, I'm intrigued by the PS4 prototype control of which pictures have been released. Only 2 more days until the full console is unveiled at the Sony convention. Woo!
I'm obviously a PS fan boy. :P
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2013 11:24:44 PM
At 2/18/2013 11:08:18 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Why? I'm just not interested in it at all. I like that Nintendo is going their own way with games and I'm sure when their signature exclusive titles come out (Metroid, Mario, Zelda) I'll change my tune but for now, it isn't grabbing me.

Right now, I'm intrigued by the PS4 prototype control of which pictures have been released. Only 2 more days until the full console is unveiled at the Sony convention. Woo!

Because the WiiU is unique with it's tablet controller. I just bought a computer with a GTX 680 4gb so I don't exactly need a console that doesn't have anything special going on with it.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2013 11:28:11 PM
At 2/18/2013 11:24:44 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Because the WiiU is unique with it's tablet controller. I just bought a computer with a GTX 680 4gb so I don't exactly need a console that doesn't have anything special going on with it.

I understand; If you have a media centre quality gaming machine hooked up to your TV the PS3 is not much chop. I still love mine though... I'm still playing it almost every day. I like PC gaming but Console gaming will always have a place in my heart.
What's the benefit of the tablet control?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2013 11:29:31 PM
At 2/18/2013 11:28:11 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/18/2013 11:24:44 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

I understand; If you have a media centre quality gaming machine hooked up to your TV the PS3 is not much chop. I still love mine though... I'm still playing it almost every day. I like PC gaming but Console gaming will always have a place in my heart.
What's the benefit of the tablet control?

Well, the tablet can serve as a screen. That means that you can have one person see things no one else does.

That being said, you need to have friends for that to be of use...
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 12:05:16 AM
I just got my PS3 this last Christmas, so I'm new to the club, too! So far, my game completions, in order, are:

1. Infamous (Evil)
2. Infamous 2 (Evil)
3. Portal 2 (Single & Co-op)
4. Infamous (Good)
5. Infamous 2 (Good)
6. Uncharted (current)

Next are Uncharted 2, L.A. Noire, and Katamari Forever. Eventually I'll get around to the bigger titles, but does anyone have any recommendations of older games that are hella cheap now? Remember, even if it's old, it's still new to me =D
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 12:10:01 AM
At 2/19/2013 12:05:16 AM, Maikuru wrote:
I just got my PS3 this last Christmas, so I'm new to the club, too! So far, my game completions, in order, are:

1. Infamous (Evil)
2. Infamous 2 (Evil)
4. Infamous (Good)
5. Infamous 2 (Good)
6. Uncharted (current)

Next are Uncharted 2, L.A. Noire, and Katamari Forever. Eventually I'll get around to the bigger titles, but does anyone have any recommendations of older games that are hella cheap now? Remember, even if it's old, it's still new to me =D

L.A. Noire is great.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 12:13:27 AM
At 2/19/2013 12:10:01 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

1. Infamous (Evil)
2. Infamous 2 (Evil)
4. Infamous (Good)
5. Infamous 2 (Good)
6. Uncharted (current)

L.A. Noire is great.

I remember tons of hype surrounding it before launch but didn't follow up with the reviews. I popped it in and the graphics and facial rendering really draw you in. I'm excited for it. It reminds me a little of Heavy Rain, which I CANNOT WAIT to get!
- lamerde

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 12:17:08 AM

1. Infamous (Evil)
2. Infamous 2 (Evil)
4. Infamous (Good)
5. Infamous 2 (Good)
6. Uncharted (current)

L.A. Noire is great.

As great a concept it is, and as high the production values were for the game I just don't get it. I played through it, hoping the entire time that "this wasn't all it was" and then I got to the end and realized it was.

It's certainly unique and interesting, and moves the video game story telling medium forward, but as far as "the game" aspects go, I just ever really understood how it worked, and whether what I was doing made any difference.

In the end, I played to the end simply because I was hoping it would be a better game and I wanted to get the most out of my purchase, but I never felt particularly fond of the game, and never even considered playing it again once I had finished my first play-through.

I expected something really unique and awesome... what I got was unique and meh.
Debate.org Moderator
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 12:18:44 AM
At 2/19/2013 12:13:27 AM, Maikuru wrote:

1. Infamous (Evil)
2. Infamous 2 (Evil)
4. Infamous (Good)
5. Infamous 2 (Good)
6. Uncharted (current)

L.A. Noire is great.

I remember tons of hype surrounding it before launch but didn't follow up with the reviews. I popped it in and the graphics and facial rendering really draw you in. I'm excited for it. It reminds me a little of Heavy Rain, which I CANNOT WAIT to get!

Sometimes the way you call someone out for lying is a bit obtuse. You have to pick the right clue even if more than one would fit.

I really want to play Heavy Rain. Have you played Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit?
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 12:20:11 AM
At 2/19/2013 12:13:27 AM, Maikuru wrote:

1. Infamous (Evil)
2. Infamous 2 (Evil)
4. Infamous (Good)
5. Infamous 2 (Good)
6. Uncharted (current)

L.A. Noire is great.

Heavy Rain was cool... Unique and actually really compelling. There is an interesting comparison between L.A. Noire and Heavy Rain in that they offer experiences no other game does... As I said in my previous post LA Noire is forgettable, but Heavy Rain actually made me feel something and want to play it again, even if some of it was completely ridiculous.

Unlike LA Noire, I'd recommend Heavy Rain to any gamer who wants a unique experience. It'd definitely unlike any other game I've played, and for the most part that was a good thing.
Debate.org Moderator
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 12:20:22 AM
At 2/19/2013 12:17:08 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

1. Infamous (Evil)
2. Infamous 2 (Evil)
4. Infamous (Good)
5. Infamous 2 (Good)
6. Uncharted (current)

L.A. Noire is great.

As great a concept it is, and as high the production values were for the game I just don't get it. I played through it, hoping the entire time that "this wasn't all it was" and then I got to the end and realized it was.

It's certainly unique and interesting, and moves the video game story telling medium forward, but as far as "the game" aspects go, I just ever really understood how it worked, and whether what I was doing made any difference.

In the end, I played to the end simply because I was hoping it would be a better game and I wanted to get the most out of my purchase, but I never felt particularly fond of the game, and never even considered playing it again once I had finished my first play-through.

I expected something really unique and awesome... what I got was unique and meh.

What do you think was wrong with it? Lack of explanations or something?
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 12:27:04 AM
At 2/19/2013 12:20:22 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

1. Infamous (Evil)
2. Infamous 2 (Evil)
4. Infamous (Good)
5. Infamous 2 (Good)
6. Uncharted (current)

L.A. Noire is great.

I don't know... but that would be part of it... it just never seemed to matter what I was doing. It was prime story telling, and your 'interaction' with it, seemed to be limited to a button press that would either continue the story, or continue the story anyway... Really the whole experience was so forgettable I don't even remember what my problem with it was. I just didn't dig it.

The game was really well made though. There is no doubting it's quality. But game play is crucial, and if that's mediocre, no amount of graphical fidelity or story telling can really make up for it.
Debate.org Moderator
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 12:35:08 AM
At 2/19/2013 12:27:04 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

1. Infamous (Evil)
2. Infamous 2 (Evil)
4. Infamous (Good)
5. Infamous 2 (Good)
6. Uncharted (current)

L.A. Noire is great.

I don't know... but that would be part of it... it just never seemed to matter what I was doing. It was prime story telling, and your 'interaction' with it, seemed to be limited to a button press that would either continue the story, or continue the story anyway... Really the whole experience was so forgettable I don't even remember what my problem with it was. I just didn't dig it.

The game was really well made though. There is no doubting it's quality. But game play is crucial, and if that's mediocre, no amount of graphical fidelity or story telling can really make up for it.

Well, it requires a different mindset to enjoy. You can't go into it thinking that it's going to be something like GTA or another action game. You are a detective. You have to find clues to solve the mystery. If you don't find a critical clue you're going to have a harder time piecing the clues together to catch the bad guy.

To me, it felt like you were really solving something big whenever you found a key clue or asked the right question.

It really depends on what you're looking for I guess.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 12:38:22 AM

1. Infamous (Evil)
2. Infamous 2 (Evil)
4. Infamous (Good)
5. Infamous 2 (Good)
6. Uncharted (current)

Probably:
Rachet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Rachet and Clank Future: Crack in Time
Metal Gear Solid 4 ( a bit cutscene heavy though)

Have you played God of War? Are you also into downloadable titles?
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 12:41:23 AM
At 2/19/2013 12:35:08 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

1. Infamous (Evil)
2. Infamous 2 (Evil)
4. Infamous (Good)
5. Infamous 2 (Good)
6. Uncharted (current)

L.A. Noire is great.

Well, it requires a different mindset to enjoy. You can't go into it thinking that it's going to be something like GTA or another action game. You are a detective. You have to find clues to solve the mystery. If you don't find a critical clue you're going to have a harder time piecing the clues together to catch the bad guy.

To me, it felt like you were really solving something big whenever you found a key clue or asked the right question.

It's starting to sound like a Phoenix Wright game, where the extent of your gameplay is button presses involving looking at clues and calling people out. Is that accurate? I wouldn't mind that; I have all those games. That's just not really what I was expecting.
- lamerde

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 12:42:51 AM
At 2/19/2013 12:41:23 AM, Maikuru wrote:

1. Infamous (Evil)
2. Infamous 2 (Evil)
4. Infamous (Good)
5. Infamous 2 (Good)
6. Uncharted (current)

L.A. Noire is great.

It's starting to sound like a Phoenix Wright game, where the extent of your gameplay is button presses involving looking at clues and calling people out. Is that accurate? I wouldn't mind that; I have all those games. That's just not really what I was expecting.

Never played those games but that's basically what it is.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 12:43:13 AM
At 2/19/2013 12:38:22 AM, Xerge wrote:

1. Infamous (Evil)
2. Infamous 2 (Evil)
4. Infamous (Good)
5. Infamous 2 (Good)
6. Uncharted (current)

Probably:

I'm not crazy on platformers but MGS 4 is a definite for me. I've played GOW 1 & 2 and completely forgot that part 3 is out. Thanks for that! I'm a downloader and tend toward concept-heavy side-scrollers. Any suggestions?
- lamerde

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 12:43:15 AM

1. Infamous (Evil)
2. Infamous 2 (Evil)
4. Infamous (Good)
5. Infamous 2 (Good)
6. Uncharted (current)

L.A. Noire is great.

I knew it wasn't GTA, and I was excited not to be playing an action game. I wanted to feel like a detective and search for everything possible and really get the sense you are describing. But I never really felt that way... The consequences of the interrogations didn't seem to be that significant, and when I thought I had really figured something out that I was going to use to question someone it often turned out not to be the case... I don't know, I guess it just wasn't for me. But I love the concept, I hope another developer tries it again and builds on it, but doesn't make it seem so inorganic or un-interactive.
Debate.org Moderator
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 1:27:15 AM
Journey is also supposed to be amazing.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 1:29:06 AM
At 2/19/2013 12:43:13 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 2/19/2013 12:38:22 AM, Xerge wrote:

1. Infamous (Evil)
2. Infamous 2 (Evil)
4. Infamous (Good)
5. Infamous 2 (Good)
6. Uncharted (current)

Probably:

I'm not crazy on platformers but MGS 4 is a definite for me. I've played GOW 1 & 2 and completely forgot that part 3 is out. Thanks for that! I'm a downloader and tend toward concept-heavy side-scrollers. Any suggestions?

Ah, here are some sidescroller suggestions:

Pixel Junk Shooter 1 and 2
Pixel Junk Sidescroller
Sound Shapes (recent title)
Braid
Limbo
Trine
Scott Pilgrim vs the World (beat em up)

Here are a few of games with different genres:
Flower
Journey (also recent title)
Super Stardust HD

I'm sure that there are others, but these are some.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 1:44:46 AM
If we're recommending games right now, then everyone should go out and get Spec Ops: The Line and The Walking Dead game.

Some of the greatest video game storytelling I have ever seen in those two games.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 1:49:24 AM
Good for you - but there is a high probability of a new PlayStation console being announced Feb. 20th (tomorrow). Perhaps not worth purchasing the current one.
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 1:51:44 AM
At 2/19/2013 1:44:46 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
If we're recommending games right now, then everyone should go out and get Spec Ops: The Line and The Walking Dead game.

Some of the greatest video game storytelling I have ever seen in those two games.

Ah yes, how could not think of those, especially Walking Dead.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 1:52:12 AM
At 2/19/2013 1:44:46 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

+Infinity.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 3:43:09 PM
I'm liking the system so far but I got to say PSN is a goddamn mess. No wonder its free. I do like PlayStation plus though. Free games are always welcome. And DCUO is a pretty good MMO but takes eternity to download
#BlackLivesMatter
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 7:31:10 PM
At 2/16/2013 10:56:24 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I just got a ps3 today (dat tax return ftw!). Anybody here with one. I'm also on xbox live but currently do not have gold.

Yes I am the current owner of a 180 GB PS3 Slim.

My username is segasonic636.

These are the games I own:

Mortal Kombat (2012)
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Marvel vs. Capcom III: The Fate of Two Worlds
Just Cause II
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom III
Sonic Generations
Dirt III (Complete Edition)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted II: Among Thieves
Uncharted III: Drake's Deception
Major League Baseball 2K11
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Skate III
MX Vs. ATV Alive
Sims III
Spider-Man III
Tekken VI
Captain America: Super Soldier
Batman: Arkham City
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
WWE XII
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Prototype II
Prototype
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Gran Turismo V
Dead Island
Assassins Creed III
.... and counting

Add me, Invite me, it will be great.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 8:29:31 PM
It always bugs me about exclusives that look awesome. I really want to play Journey, Heavy Rain, Infamous 1/2, Killzone......oh well.

I do need to get the Walking Dead though. How much is it total?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-