Jump to topic:

Bunnies New Game: Destiny

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 11:01:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So, Bungie was the maker of the Halo series, until after Halo: Reach.

So, pretty big. Now recently, as in yesterday, they released a little video on their new game, code named Destiny.

Here's a link to a detailed articule: http://www.gameinformer.com...

So, basically it's a MMO FPS on the PS and Xbox. Probably is gonna be next-gen, though it might be before they come out.

Concept is its a hopeful apocalypse, which kinda intrigues me. Most games go for the whole "desolate, horrible apocalypse" but this one is going for a "well, it sucks, but we can fix that maybe" idea. Which is also shown in the images we see in the tone seeming kinda....hopeful. Color wise. It's not dark or hopeless.

And what I find really interesting is the idea of a more non-competive focused world, where co-op is the focus over competitive.

So, this is definitely one I'm gonna be keeping track of. The setting is cool, the soldier looks bad@$$, there is a lot of potential, and Bungie has shown itself to be good at making shooters.

Plus, as the icing on the cake, it's F2P.

Thoughts?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 11:20:23 PM
Mestari is making a game?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 6:51:13 AM
The Vidoc was cool. I cant wait to see gameplay.

Did you see that they actually leaked this back in Halo 3 ODST?
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 6:53:06 AM
At 2/22/2013 6:51:13 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:

No I didn't.

Oh, and yes I meant Bungies, not Bunnies. Gosh darn iPad SC.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 8:29:58 AM
At 2/22/2013 6:53:06 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/22/2013 6:51:13 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:

No I didn't.

Oh, and yes I meant Bungies, not Bunnies. Gosh darn iPad SC.

You know how reach maps had weird vending machines?

ODST had Destiny Awaits adv panels
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 4:08:17 PM
Based on what I've read, it is about humanity in the future. Basically, humanity has control over many planets, but they have an issue. The earth, which they left many years ago, has become infested with something. You play a soldier tasked with destroying the infestation.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 7:12:07 PM
At 2/23/2013 4:08:17 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Based on what I've read, it is about humanity in the future. Basically, humanity has control over many planets, but they have an issue. The earth, which they left many years ago, has become infested with something. You play a soldier tasked with destroying the infestation.

No, it is about the humans being in a great war, and only one city survived. It was protected by the diadact thing, and now we are trying to expand. However, either the flying thing won't let us or our old enemies have returned an our city is surrounded. I know we are being stopped from expanding, and that the orb thing won't help us, but I don't know if it is our enemy or if the things it protected us from long ago are. Or both.

And we aren't trying to destroy the infestation. We are trying to survive it.

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 6:46:22 PM

tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 9:38:28 PM
Meh. Apparently its not gonna be released on next-gen consoles. Im looking forward to the game in a minimal aspect. Quite frankly, im looking forward more to Tomb Raider than this, and Starcraft 2 HOTS than tomb raider. We shall see.
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 2:27:26 AM
At 2/27/2013 9:38:28 PM, tkubok wrote:
Meh. Apparently its not gonna be released on next-gen consoles. Im looking forward to the game in a minimal aspect. Quite frankly, im looking forward more to Tomb Raider than this, and Starcraft 2 HOTS than tomb raider. We shall see.

Actually it is. The vid I put up didn't say so, but they have already confirmed PS4 and I think the 720 will be included.