Jump to topic:

Fanfiction!

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 6:31:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
It has recently come to my attention that other people here read fanfiction. In hindsight, the odds were for it. I'm making this thread for all those fanfic readers to post suggestions. Any category, and story. Whether it is because it is funny, or well written, or whatever. Put it here.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 6:38:23 AM
Naruto: Ouroboros

AU: In the toss of a coin destiny is changed. Instead of a demon's might the power of science is born. Read on as Naruto the scientist, son of Minato, apprentice of Orochimaru, brother to the Kyuubi's jinchuuruki live out his days.

http://www.fanfiction.net...

Fairy Dance of Death

What if Akihiko Kayaba had created the Death Game of Alfheim Online rather than the floating castle of Aincrad"a world in which the nine player races are in competition to escape the game, and player killing was not a crime but rather a predictable product of human nature and tribalism in the face of mutually exclusive goals?

"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 10:24:16 PM
I'm reading my first fan fiction. It's called Team 8 and is about Naruto. Basically, Naruto is teamed up with Hinata and Shino instead of Sasuke and Sakura. Pretty good so far, even though it's a little slow.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 5:32:38 AM
I have three recommendations:

1. James Potter series (sequel to HP)

2. Alexandra Quick series (original series with original characters that is set in the United States).

3. Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality (recommended to me by thett)

Alexandra Quick is much better than the Harry Potter series; the first book is mediocre, a fact that the author acknowledges, but the second, third, and fourth books are fantastic. James Potter and the Vault of Destinies is also an excellent book, and given that the author has spent over two years on the fourth book (Morrigan Web), I am sure it will be excellent as well.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 5:58:02 AM
At 3/1/2013 5:32:38 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

2. Alexandra Quick series (original series with original characters that is set in the United States).

Alexandra Quick is much better than the Harry Potter series; the first book is mediocre, a fact that the author acknowledges, but the second, third, and fourth books are fantastic. James Potter and the Vault of Destinies is also an excellent book, and given that the author has spent over two years on the fourth book (Morrigan Web), I am sure it will be excellent as well.

Methods of rationality is quite good. I believe it is the most reviewed story on fanfiction.net. Ill have to check out the Alexandra Quick series, do you have a link?

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 6:01:42 AM
At 3/1/2013 5:58:02 AM, muzebreak wrote:

Methods of rationality is quite good. I believe it is the most reviewed story on fanfiction.net. Ill have to check out the Alexandra Quick series, do you have a link?

Here's the author's blog: http://inverarity.livejournal.com...

The order of the stories is Thorn Circle, Lands Below, Deathly Regiment, and Stars Above. They're on fanfiction.net and Mugglenet Fanfiction, but you can also download them from the blog as ebooks in pdf format as well as Epub and Mobi for digital readers. The links are on the left side of the blog's homepage.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 6:02:45 AM
At 3/1/2013 6:01:42 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 3/1/2013 5:58:02 AM, muzebreak wrote:

Here's the author's blog: http://inverarity.livejournal.com...

The order of the stories is Thorn Circle, Lands Below, Deathly Regiment, and Stars Above. They're on fanfiction.net and Mugglenet Fanfiction, but you can also download them from the blog as ebooks in pdf format as well as Epub and Mobi for digital readers. The links are on the left side of the blog's homepage.

Awesome, thanks.

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 6:03:07 AM
I encourage you to get the ebooks. The author made some really need illustrations that you won't find on the online versions.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 6:07:12 AM
I second the recommendation of HPMOR.

A lot of the fanfiction I read I really oughtn't go recommending on this website though.

Some exceptions:

http://www.fimfiction.net...

It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 6:17:44 AM
At 3/1/2013 6:03:07 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I encourage you to get the ebooks. The author made some really need illustrations that you won't find on the online versions.

I might.

I just finished the first chapter, it's definitely some of the better writings iv seen on fanfiction.net. A very descriptive style. It has definitely drawn me in, and I shall start on chapter 2 now. Thanks again for the suggestion!

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 6:18:45 AM
At 3/1/2013 6:07:12 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

A lot of the fanfiction I read I really oughtn't go recommending on this website though.

*cough*adultfanfiction.net*cough*

Some exceptions:

http://www.fimfiction.net...

tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 6:12:36 PM
Seriously? NO one likes peter chimaera? Hes like the only author who doesnt get banned from that site despite having bad grammar cause his stories are so amazing.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2013 3:07:58 AM
At 3/1/2013 6:18:45 AM, muzebreak wrote:

That and A-triple-O. And the mods on fanfiction.net sometimes miss stuff.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2013 2:37:44 PM
At 3/2/2013 3:07:58 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 3/1/2013 6:18:45 AM, muzebreak wrote:

That and A-triple-O. And the mods on fanfiction.net sometimes miss stuff.

Yeah, they are way to uptight about what can and cannot be on fanfiction.net. I've seen situations where people had to remove their stories after a warning about violence In their stories.

Weird sex stuff, I can understand. But plain old violence, that's just wrong.

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 7:38:46 AM
Pretty much anything by Nonjon is good.

But I would suggest A Black Comedy, Brown Coat Green Eyes, and Dimension Hopping For Beginners.

And the author Chipmunk on speed did two really good stories.

But I only suggest them if you have no issue with a large amount of swearing, and extreme violence.