Jump to topic:

Games on your smartphone

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 6:41:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I've had my S3 for quite a few months now and after filling it up with SNES roms at the beginning found myself not playing games on it as much as I expected. It's such a handy device to read on I'm much more likely to be reading cracked or cnet on it (or on DDO, lol) then playing a game.

However, I have played some games on it, including the excellent Ski Safari. I like games that you can kill 10 minutes with, ya' know?

Anyway, my partner on the other hand plays a lot of games. She was playing 4 pics, 1 word and would often ask me for help with ones she was stuck on. After I started trying to take over (lol), she suggested I get the flippin' game. So I did.
And I played and played. And I'm still playing (although I'm stuck now and don't want to use my coins, since I know I'll kick myself when I work it out).

I also got the new Temple Run game (2) since I enjoyed the old one a lot on my old iPhone 3G. I've been playing that a bit.

Then, last night, we both decided (on recommendation from a friend of hers) to get Candy Crush Saga.

Holy sh!t balls. This game is as addictive as chocolate coated crack cocaine. It's very fun, challenging and cute as hell. But the annoying part is that you only have 5 retries at a time. They respawn over time so you can't just keep failing the same level over and over again. You get 5 shots, then you have to wait.
Of course, you can pay for more lives, to increase the max number of lives (for the extortion price of 18 fvcking dollars!!!) and get other powers ups but I don't want to do that. It's a slippery slope paying for game currency, I know. I've slipped down it before.

So anyway, I thought we could get a dialogue happening about our favourite Android/iOS games and our experiences with them. I highly recommend Candy Crush Saga, especially if you have Facebook because you can compare your scores and progress to other people (which adds the whole competitive thing). Mr. Eggleston is very good at this game by the way. Lol.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2013 2:04:29 AM
The Walking Dead works really well on touchscreens.
As for more mobile-exclusives, I like Lazors and Temple Run Two (even though the latter is completely mindless and a horrible game). You Don't Know Jack for iOS is pretty good as well.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2013 2:13:11 AM
Shake Spears is also very good.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2013 10:41:07 AM
I love Temple Run :D Record's around 21 million, gonna try and get good in the sequel.

As for more mindless games, Icy Tower 2 can be very addicting, as well as Jetpack Joyride.

I don't have that many puzzle games or ones that require lots of thinking, so no info on those. Frotz is nice for interactive fiction, if you're into that.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2013 11:16:16 AM
Lol all I play is Drawsomething. I just got Temple Run though and it seems alright. I'll try it out.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2013 11:28:48 AM
Sonic Jump is the best doodle jump clone, Dead Trigger has great graphics and is free if you want to pop some zombie heads. If you want to spend some money you can get some old final fantasy games which are awesome.

I have an S3! Down with Apple. :D