Jump to topic:

Percy Jackson and Kane Chronicle Crossover

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 7:09:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
In the first Kane book they did vaguely reference the Percy Jackson series, so we do know they exist in the same universe. Pretty cool. I hope he eventually does Norse gods.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 10:05:17 AM
Oh, I forgot those books were things. I need to catch up.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 10:06:52 AM
I might as well reread the whole first Percy Jackson series. I don't remember anything except that he's the son of Neptune or something.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 6:36:51 AM
SPOILERS WILL BE BELOW, SO DON'T WHINE IF I SPOIL THE STORY BECAUSE I HAVE GIVEN YOU FAIR WARNING

Pros
1. I'm really glad Carter narrated it; he's much more endearing than Percy is.

That's pretty much it. The whole story was stupid :( First, it was internally inconsistent because their magic wouldn't work on each other, but in the first KC book, Zia mentions that the House of Life has had magic duels with foreigners. Who would those foreigners be? It literally makes no sense that it wouldn't have been the Greeks because Greece invaded Egypt! Second, neither Carter nor Percy wanted to mention their gods; they kept it a secret. This is do dumb because some Egyptians already know about the Greeks! In KC 1, Amos mentions that "Manhattan has its own problems" and Thoth mentions that he has met Hermes. I'm sure the Greek gods know about the Egyptian gods and that Chiron knows that they exist too. Third, there was no Sadie :( Fourth, the plot who horrible. Oh, a giant Egyptian crocodile is attacking people in Manhattan? It must *totally* be a trap for Carter and Percy to meet and kill each other . .. or it would be if their magic could affect each other, lol. It makes no sense that someone who knew about both worlds wouldn't know that. It was obviously Setne; there was no reason to be dramatic and make it a big secret.