Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Sherlock Holmes BBC Series

malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 6:42:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
OK, so I haven't sat down in front of a TV and watched a TV show in about 3 years (complete accident...used to watch a metric f*ck ton of TV...now, can't stand it), so forgive me if I'm dreadfully behind the curve on this one, but the BBC Sherlock Holmes Series (at 3 episodes/year, perhaps series isn't quite right, but whatever) is the absolute shiznit.

I caught the 1st 2 episodes because a friend asked that I watch the season 1 dvd with them, and I have now downloaded (give me a break...they just took them off the free section of the on-demand cable menu) the rest and am stoked to watch the rest.

The guy who plays Holmes creeps me out, hough...not how he acts...purely how he looks.

I hope he's a fan of the booger sugar like the OG Holmes...
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 9:41:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yeah, Benedict Cumberbatch looks really weird. But he is great as Sherlock. Can't wait for the new episodes. If you haven't seen it, you should check out Elementary. It is a Sherlock Holmes tv show. Sherlock is played by Johnny lee miller, the main actor from trainspotting and hackers. And Joan, yes Joan not John, Watson is played by Lucy Liu. It is based in New York, and is a very very good show.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 10:15:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
lol, I just got done modding a mafia game with this as the theme. Yeah, the show is awesome and I <3 Benedict Cumberbatch. Such an awesome name. I can't wait for the next season.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 11:35:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/28/2013 10:44:37 AM, Kinesis wrote:
omg Sherlock is sooo good. Can't wait for the new series. Want to know if my theory about the ending is right or not.

The better question is why the hell would he confess to being a fraud right before jumping. Nothing in the series points to there being an incentive for him to confess before jumping.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 4:30:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/3/2013 11:35:01 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/28/2013 10:44:37 AM, Kinesis wrote:
omg Sherlock is sooo good. Can't wait for the new series. Want to know if my theory about the ending is right or not.

The better question is why the hell would he confess to being a fraud right before jumping. Nothing in the series points to there being an incentive for him to confess before jumping.

It was for the benefit of Watson. No doubt Holmes hopes that his friend and factotum will grieve less intensely and painfully for a fraud. Quite simply, he's trying to make it easier for John to move on.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 4:35:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yes, some human beings are capable of small gestures of altruism like that, we don't all have the psychological nature of a "libertarian".
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 10:20:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/3/2013 4:30:58 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 11:35:01 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/28/2013 10:44:37 AM, Kinesis wrote:
omg Sherlock is sooo good. Can't wait for the new series. Want to know if my theory about the ending is right or not.

The better question is why the hell would he confess to being a fraud right before jumping. Nothing in the series points to there being an incentive for him to confess before jumping.

It was for the benefit of Watson. No doubt Holmes hopes that his friend and factotum will grieve less intensely and painfully for a fraud. Quite simply, he's trying to make it easier for John to move on.

Holmes is a smart dude and he would know that there is no way that John would actually take that at face value, which he didn't. Watson has seen Holmes in action way too many times and at times when it would be impossible to, as he said, search the object of interest up on the internet. There had to be some ulterior motive.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 10:20:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/3/2013 4:35:25 PM, charleslb wrote:
Yes, some human beings are capable of small gestures of altruism like that, we don't all have the psychological nature of a "libertarian".

You don't have to turn everything into your pseudo-political nonsense.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 1:47:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/3/2013 10:20:36 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 3/3/2013 4:35:25 PM, charleslb wrote:
Yes, some human beings are capable of small gestures of altruism like that, we don't all have the psychological nature of a "libertarian".

You don't have to turn everything into your pseudo-political nonsense.

My apologies for indulging a petty impulse.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 2:04:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/3/2013 10:20:05 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 3/3/2013 4:30:58 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 11:35:01 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 2/28/2013 10:44:37 AM, Kinesis wrote:
omg Sherlock is sooo good. Can't wait for the new series. Want to know if my theory about the ending is right or not.

The better question is why the hell would he confess to being a fraud right before jumping. Nothing in the series points to there being an incentive for him to confess before jumping.

It was for the benefit of Watson. No doubt Holmes hopes that his friend and factotum will grieve less intensely and painfully for a fraud. Quite simply, he's trying to make it easier for John to move on.

Holmes is a smart dude and he would know that there is no way that John would actually take that at face value, which he didn't. Watson has seen Holmes in action way too many times and at times when it would be impossible to, as he said, search the object of interest up on the internet. There had to be some ulterior motive.

Perhaps he's also concerned for Watson's safety. He may suspect that a cruel and competitive criminal mastermind such as the late Jim Moriarty wouldn't depart this world without leaving some mechanism in place to one-up his arch adversary from beyond the grave. And, well, since Moriarty's endgame involved threatening Watson's life it's reasonable to further suspect that posthumously one-upping Holmes might involve actualizing his threat, ergo Holmes may merely be trying to keep his friend in a safe bubble of ignorance and confusion rather than draw him deeper into danger.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.