Jump to topic:

Genshiken

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 2:26:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
A great series following the lives of the members of an anime club at a university in Tokyo. Its quite hilarious, and really gives you an insight into the lives of Japanese otaku.

Is there anyone else here who has seen it? If you haven't, then I really recommend giving it a look.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 4:27:01 PM
At 3/17/2013 2:26:20 AM, muzebreak wrote:
A great series following the lives of the members of an anime club at a university in Tokyo. Its quite hilarious, and really gives you an insight into the lives of Japanese otaku.

Is there anyone else here who has seen it? If you haven't, then I really recommend giving it a look.

No, but after reading this (and the wiki article) I will give it a watch. I'm seeing quite a few people making comparisons between this anime and Welcome to the NHK, which I liked a lot.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 11:19:55 AM
At 3/17/2013 4:27:01 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 3/17/2013 2:26:20 AM, muzebreak wrote:

No, but after reading this (and the wiki article) I will give it a watch. I'm seeing quite a few people making comparisons between this anime and Welcome to the NHK, which I liked a lot.

It's a tad bit similar based on what iv seen of nhk.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.