Jump to topic:

Dowton Abbey

leah12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 2:10:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
please tell me I am not the only person who is addicted to this AMAZING show!?!? and please tell me that I am not the only one who was in tears when Matthew died. Ladies, matthew crawley is the ideal man, i should hope I wasnt the only one mourning his death like it was real. =)
here are the top five reasons i love this show
number 5...there are so many characters/substories that you never get tired of it! (except the whole bates/anna thing...that was dragged out WAY too long)
number 4...the costumes are beautiful, i love 1912-20's fashion and it looks gorgeous on them.
number 3...the relationships. Seriously, carson and mary...*swoons* carson and mrs hughes, branson and sybil, the dowager and isobel and of course...matthew and mary, but thats reason number 2.
number 2...matthew and mary. really, these two are so cute. my heart melts everytime they look at each other. there really are no words to describe Matthew Crawly.
number 1...Magge Smith. 'nuff said really. =)

tell me what you love the most about downton and its character.
Merry Christmas!
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 5:10:08 PM
I came for Maggie Smith. I stayed for Maggie Smith.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
leah12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 10:22:26 PM
At 3/21/2013 5:10:08 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
I came for Maggie Smith. I stayed for Maggie Smith.

couldnt have said it better!
Merry Christmas!