Jump to topic:

Video Games: Compelling or Addictive?

MrVan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 11:29:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Extra Credits argues that gaming isn't in addictive, because it doesn't chemically alter the state of mind. Instead, they argue that gaming is actually a compulsion. Any opinions?

http://extra-credits.net...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 12:16:49 PM
I would definitely say it can be addictive. Anything can be addictive.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 11:07:11 AM
I think it can be addictive, but not in the drugs or smoking way. More like... I have a friend who plays basketball every chance he can. He loves basketball, and is up late at night shooting hoops in his driveway. He has a love for the game, and is "addicted" to it. That is how I am with video games. I love videogames(gonna narrow down to halo) and love the intensity, the skill, the competition, etc., just like anybody who loves sports.

I don't like how video games are put out to be an awful thing that makes people go shoot up movie theaters. THINK OF HOW MANY PEOPLE PLAY VIDEO GAMES ALL THE TIME. HOW MANY ACTUALLY HAVE GONE TO A MOVIE THEATER AND KILLED RANDOMS? I am tired of this 'videogames are bad', 'we need more restrictions', 'video games are the problem' sh!t.
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 11:34:51 AM
It's an activity that people like, so they sometimes do it a lot. It's no more addictive than reading or gardening.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -