Jump to topic:

Halo: Combat Evolved

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 6:48:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Just a thread to discuss how freaking awesome this game was(and still is) and how revolutionary it was.
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 6:59:33 PM
Halo has been an interesting series. It brought a lot of things that almost all shooters today use, like regenerating health and matchmaking.

It also set the idea of a bad@$$ super soldier, though it was influenced by a lot of things for that too.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 10:54:11 AM
So far I think the level "The Library" is the most difficult level in Halo history.
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 10:56:51 AM
A game idea would be Halo: Missions.

Reasoning:
-Jun is never killed, and if you read the book Halsey made it safely to Castle... where was Jun?
-In the book The Ghost of Onyx, at the end Halsey, Linda, Kelly, a team and a 1/2 of Spartan IIIs, and another Spartan II or so are trapped inside a Shield World.

All I am saying is that I wish you could know what happened, and(in this case) play out the missing, untold missions of the Halo universe.

BTW I have not yet read Halo Glasslands(sequel to Onyx) but plan to soon. Maybe they escape Onyx or are killed, idk, BUT DONT TELL ME

What do you guys think?

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 2:04:13 PM
At 4/6/2013 10:56:51 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:

Reasoning:
-Jun is never killed, and if you read the book Halsey made it safely to Castle... where was Jun?
-In the book The Ghost of Onyx, at the end Halsey, Linda, Kelly, a team and a 1/2 of Spartan IIIs, and another Spartan II or so are trapped inside a Shield World.

All I am saying is that I wish you could know what happened, and(in this case) play out the missing, untold missions of the Halo universe.

BTW I have not yet read Halo Glasslands(sequel to Onyx) but plan to soon. Maybe they escape Onyx or are killed, idk, BUT DONT TELL ME

What do you guys think?

Eh.

Jun is confirmed KIA I believe, apparently killed by the Arbiter himself.

And we don't know how Halsey got off Onyx.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 3:09:38 PM
At 4/6/2013 2:04:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Reasoning:

What do you guys think?

Eh.

Jun is confirmed KIA I believe, apparently killed by the Arbiter himself.

And we don't know how Halsey got off Onyx.

Jun is confirmed? What video footage (or book text, for that matter) proves this? In the cutscene where Jun is last seen at all, he is told to take Halsey to Castle... and Halsey made it to Castle...

I am not ready to believe my favorite member of noble is dead because someone edited the Halo wiki to say so.

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 2:17:52 AM

Reasoning:

What do you guys think?

glasslands is good. I won't share anything from the book, but views on characters you had previous will change, especially Halsy.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...