Jump to topic:

Hannibal

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 12:41:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Does it actually have Hannibal Lecter in it?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 12:46:33 PM
Great show. Mikkelsen is superb at playing Hannibal in a long standing series, as although he might not generate the exact same short term fear impact that Anthony Hopkins does, I would contend that in the long term, Mikkelsen can play the character of Hannibal much better than Hopkins via character development and fear building.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 12:46:55 PM
In other words:

Hopkins- Great at movie

Mikkelsen- Great at series
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 12:47:37 PM
And the actor who plays Will Graham is phenomenal at portraying a deeply troubled and broken genius.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 12:48:39 PM
http://media.melty.fr...
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 12:59:50 PM
I honestly hoped this was about a Hannibal Barca movie or show... guess the impossible dream will stay impossible.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 1:55:04 PM
At 4/20/2013 12:46:33 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Great show. Mikkelsen is superb at playing Hannibal in a long standing series, as although he might not generate the exact same short term fear impact that Anthony Hopkins does, I would contend that in the long term, Mikkelsen can play the character of Hannibal much better than Hopkins via character development and fear building.

The show seems to be more focused on will more than Hannibal, despite the name of the show.

Anthony Hopkins portrayed Lecter better than Mikkelsen especially because of the way he spoke. His mannerisms, his speech, it all portrayed a sense of uneasiness, as if something was off with him. Mikkelsen isnt quite there yet, but he does a good job at producing an overall atmosphere of evil. I mean, i feel sorry for mikkelsen, but he does have that kind of appearance about him, which makes him a perfect antagonist.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 1:55:32 PM
At 4/20/2013 12:59:50 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
I honestly hoped this was about a Hannibal Barca movie or show... guess the impossible dream will stay impossible.

Im sure after they get bored with all the other historical figures, theyll move onto the carthaginian.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 2:22:09 PM
Just finished the first episode, and I have the second one paused to post this. It is quite an interesting show, not really what I expected from the description. I will definitely continue watching this.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 2:47:22 PM
At 4/20/2013 2:22:09 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Just finished the first episode, and I have the second one paused to post this. It is quite an interesting show, not really what I expected from the description. I will definitely continue watching this.

Its a good mix of utter twisted creepiness and drama. I enjoyed the end of the show trailer for episode 4 the best.