Send a Message
5/8/2013 10:53:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Billy Joe Armstrong wrote:

"[Psy] is the herpes of music. Once you think it"s gone, it comes back."

Armstrong added the following hashtags:

"#herpes, #flarup and #pleasegoaway"

http://news.radio.com...

While I think that was pretty harsh, after "Gentleman" I have to agree.
Tsar of DDO
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 11:04:44 PM
lol This is (one of the many) reason(s) I don't go to clubs. If I saw everybody doing these stupid dance moves I'd probably flip my sh!t.
yang.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 11:17:03 PM
At 5/8/2013 11:04:44 PM, tulle wrote:
lol This is (one of the many) reason(s) I don't go to clubs. If I saw everybody doing these stupid dance moves I'd probably flip my sh!t.

I probably would too... lol
Tsar of DDO
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 12:04:41 AM
There is some comedy behind his videos though. A 30 something, chubby Asian dancing like that is bound to get a few laughs. However his music is an atrocity on par with Soviet Gulags so he doesn't get to pass by on comedic merits.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 12:22:35 AM
LOL Billy Joe Armstrong is one to f*cking talk.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 12:30:20 AM
hahah you guys are too cool for psy, eh?

I wouldn't listen to it on headphones or in my car or something but if I heard this while I was out dancing I would get the f*ck down to it, no questions asked. Psy is an entertainer, the beat is danceable, and, like johnny said, it's funny. And I'd listen to Psy over the absolute sh1t billie joe armstrong has put out for the last ten years ANY DAY.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 12:38:02 AM
At 5/9/2013 12:30:20 AM, Oryus wrote:

I wouldn't listen to it on headphones or in my car or something but if I heard this while I was out dancing I would get the f*ck down to it, no questions asked. Psy is an entertainer, the beat is danceable, and, like johnny said, it's funny. And I'd listen to Psy over the absolute sh1t billie joe armstrong has put out for the last ten years ANY DAY.

I'd dance (and I have) to Gangnam Style, but not to Gentleman. I'd leave the bar if Gentleman came on... But for alt. rock I like Green Day. Some of their stuff is too overtly political, but I think he's a talented singer.
Tsar of DDO
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 12:42:47 AM
At 5/9/2013 12:38:02 AM, YYW wrote:

I'd dance (and I have) to Gangnam Style, but not to Gentleman. I'd leave the bar if Gentleman came on... But for alt. rock I like Green Day. Some of their stuff is too overtly political, but I think he's a talented singer.

I like Gentleman better than Gangnam Style, actually. Old Green Day was good. But holy hell they got whiney and generic. They should have quit while they were ahead.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 12:43:35 AM
And their political commentary is trite. At least Psy doesn't take himself so seriously.
:
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 12:45:57 AM
At 5/9/2013 12:43:35 AM, Oryus wrote:
And their political commentary is trite. At least Psy doesn't take himself so seriously.

Maybe one day artists will learn that we care about their music, not their political opinions.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 12:49:31 AM
At 5/9/2013 12:42:47 AM, Oryus wrote:

I like Gentleman better than Gangnam Style, actually.

Really? *shocked* Why?

Old Green Day was good. But holy hell they got whiney and generic. They should have quit while they were ahead.

It was all downhill from American Idiot... I'll grant you that.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 12:50:26 AM
At 5/9/2013 12:45:57 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Maybe one day artists will learn that we care about their music, not their political opinions.

I don't mind a political message, but it has to be well done.
Tsar of DDO
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 12:51:18 AM
It's not as good as Gangnam Style, even though I wasn't too crazy about that video either. I think Billy Joe's statement was a harsh too, but it just shows not everyone likes the same taste in music. I wouldn't say Psy's music is horrible. Its just not my cup of tea.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 1:00:06 AM
At 5/9/2013 12:49:31 AM, YYW wrote:

Really? *shocked* Why?

It's more Housey sounding with a more pronounced bassline and less synth and the singing is more subdued- I don't like the part in gangnam style where he says stuff and there's the "HEY!" in the background. Instead there's the part in Gentleman where he goes, "gonna make you sweat!" just kinda yelling or something and it builds up to the chorus better. It sounds less corny than the other chorus part in Gangnam style.
Old Green Day was good. But holy hell they got whiney and generic. They should have quit while they were ahead.

American Idiot was part of the downhill...... It's like Metallica's St. Anger or Incubus's a Crow Left of The Murder... good bands turned epic sh1t pile. That's what those albums are.
:
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 1:09:10 AM
At 5/9/2013 1:00:06 AM, Oryus wrote:

Really? *shocked* Why?

It's more Housey sounding with a more pronounced bassline and less synth and the singing is more subdued- I don't like the part in gangnam style where he says stuff and there's the "HEY!" in the background. Instead there's the part in Gentleman where he goes, "gonna make you sweat!" just kinda yelling or something and it builds up to the chorus better. It sounds less corny than the other chorus part in Gangnam style.

American Idiot was part of the downhill...... It's like Metallica's St. Anger or Incubus's a Crow Left of The Murder... good bands turned epic sh1t pile. That's what those albums are.

I never really liked Metallica, but Incubus was over after Drive imo. It's their best but bittersweetly so; it's the begining of their end.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 1:11:07 AM
At 5/9/2013 1:09:10 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/9/2013 1:00:06 AM, Oryus wrote:

Really? *shocked* Why?

I never really liked Metallica, but Incubus was over after Drive imo. It's their best but bittersweetly so; it's the begining of their end.

I guess I just always saw Incubus as halfway between Smashing Pumpkins and INXS. I love Smashing Pumpkins... never liked INXS.
Tsar of DDO
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 1:20:10 AM
At 5/9/2013 12:45:57 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Politics can be done well in music. No doubt about it. Green Day just sucks at it.
:
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 7:51:19 PM
Stop trying to mold the world into your own image. You don't like Psy, great. I'm not much of a fan either, but I don't feel it's necessary to insult the guy.
#BlackLivesMatter