Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 7:21:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Chapter 1: http://www.debate.org...
Ch. 2 Part 1: http://www.debate.org...
Ch. 2 Part 2: http://www.debate.org...
Ch. 3 Part 1: http://www.debate.org...

Samuel awoke with a start, soaked with sweat. The musty smell of the cave still intensely clear in his senses. What did the dream mean? He had not the faintest clue, and felt as if he did not want to know. He sat up and grabbed the crutches sitting beside the couch, and stood shakily.

The smell of cooking meat could be smelt wafting out from the kitchen, and suddenly, Samuel realized how intensely hungry he was. He went to the kitchen, and was greeted by the sight of Ariana standing next to the stove, back to him, focused on preparing what smelled like a delicious meal. The kitchen was large, enough space to fit a full size dining table in the middle. He looked over at the window above the sink, and saw that it was night outside. How long had he honestly been sleeping?

He stood there for a few moments, unsure of what to do, when suddenly Ariana turned around, her eyes lit up and she smiled,

"Well hello Samuel, dinner will be done shortly, I take it you are hungry?"

Samuel nodded, "Starving in fact. I don't think I've ever been as hungry as I am now."

"Excellent! Then in that case take a seat at the table!" Ariana motioned to the table situated in the middle of the kitchen. Samuel hobbled over, and began to sit down

*thud*

He fell to the floor while trying to sit down, his head knocking against the edge of the table. He yelled out in pain, and Ariana turned around.

"Oh goodness," she exclaimed, rushing over to help, "are you alright Samuel?"

Samuel lay on the floor holding his head, curled up in the fetal position, trying to hold back the urge to scream. The pain was absolutely excruciating. He lay there for a minute like this, Ariana knelt beside him, hand on his back, in an awkward attempt to comfort him.

The pain finally subsided, and Samuel started to get up.

"Let me help you," Ariana spoke, putting his arm around her shoulder, and together they stood up. She then helped him into a chair, and stood there.

"Better?" She asked.

"Yes," Samuel responded, "thank you for the help, its truly appreciated."

"Its no problem! The foods probably done now, so I'll get you a plate."

She turned around and went back over to the stove. Opening up a cabinet to the left, she pulled out a plate. Samuel looked down, retreating into his own thoughts, once more returning to the dream.

What did those symbols mean? What was the significance of the wolf? Why was his reflection not his own? He pondered these thoughts until a plate was placed in front of him.

It was piled with food, most noticeably a large steak. He looked up at Ariana, as she sat down across him, a plate in front of her as well. She also had a bottle of wine in her hands, which she placed between them.

"Care for a drink?" She asked winking, "I always find it makes conversation smoother!"

"Sure, thank you for making this, I really appreciate everything you've done for me."

"Its no problem, I'm always glad to help someone in need."

Samuel picked up a knife and fork and cut into the steak, taking off a piece. He looked at it, realizing that it was largely uncooked, rare not even able to describe how little it was.

"You like your steak cooked another way?" Ariana asked, eyebrow raised as she watched Samuel stare at the piece of steak on the fork.

"Yes," he replied, "I generally eat it well done..."

"Nonsense! That just ruins it! Go ahead and try it that way, I bet you'll enjoy it more, I know I do."

He put the piece into his mouth and chewed. The juices, or rather blood, filled his mouth, a tad too much in fact, as some dribbled out of the corner of his mouth. He was surprised, he had never enjoyed steak rare before, but found this to be amazing. He quickly cut off another piece, then another, then another.

The meal was eaten in silence, Samuel quickly devouring the bloody steak, like a ravenous animal. When he was done, he looked over and noticed that Ariana had stopped eating herself, and was simply watching him, smirking, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes.

He was immediately embarassed, realizing how poorly he must have appeared, eating so quickly.

"I'm sorry, I didnt mean to act like a pig, it was just so delicious, and I was so hungry. I've never enjoyed a steak cooked so rare before."

"Its ok," she replied, "your going to find that alot has changed about you."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Nothing," she smiled, "wine?" Grabbing the bottle of wine, she quickly uncorked it and poured it into his glass.

"No really, what did that mean? I dont understand-"

"I said drop it," Ariana snapped, her eyes suddenly seemed to flare up brightly, and Samuel swore, for just a split second, they looked yellow...

He shook his head, not believing what he had seen, and quickly chalked it up to his imagination.

"I don't mean to be pushy," he began, "I really appreciate what you've done, I really do, but when will I be able to get into town? I really ought to let my family know I'm alright, and also, I do have a job to get back to."

"Well, that will be kind of difficult with how much snow has fallen," Ariana laughed, "the roads arent even able to be driven upon, and it's certainly not safe in your condition to be trying to walk the miles it is to town. It will probably be at least a couple days until the roads this far out are plowed, at most a week."

"A week? Do you at least have a phone?"

"No, I'm afraid not, have never had one, see no use for it. I have always preferred the isolation out here too much, to ruin it with such a thing."

"I really need to use a phone though, I need to at least call my boss and let him know about the sotuation."

"Well, you will just have to wait until the roads are cleared, there is nothing to be done until then."

The conversation drifted into silence again, Samuel worryingly thinking about what would happen... Given how much time had passed, it would be a couple days until he would be expected back at work. He only hoped Ariana was right, and the roads would be cleared by then. He looked up, and saw that Ariana had finished eating as well.

Suddenly he yawned, his full stomach bringing on a lazy, relaxed and tired feeling. He wanted to go back to sleep, but more than that, he wanted to take a shower. He felt filthy, and it was rather embarrassing to realize that he was, in front of a woman so beautiful.

"Do you happen to have a shower I could use then? From what you have said, I haven't been able to do so in a few days..."

"Well of course I do, but uh, you can't exactly use it with your leg in that condition. You'll have to take a bath instead, so you won't have to stand on your leg. I'll draw one for you, and help you with taking off the bandages."

She stood and walked to the entrance to the den, looking back she spoke, "the bathroom is this way, follow me."

Samuel awkwardly stood, and positioned his crutches. He then hobbled behind Ariana, who had turned back around and into the den. Turning left, she went down a side hallway, and walked through another doorway, halfway down the hall, that was on the right side.

Samuel was slower in following, and by the time he reached the doorway, the water was already running. Ariana was standing, next to it.

"Now sit down in the chair, I'll take off your bandages for you. By the time I'm done the tub should be filled, and you'll be able to take your bath."

He sat in the chair, Ariana kneeling in front of him once he did. She deftly began unwrapping the bandages,

"You realize that you aren't going to be able to take your pants off yourself right?" She asked him, and his mind suddenly
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 7:23:38 PM
went blank, realizing what that meant. Oh god, he mentally slapped himself, of course he wouldn't be able to, he could barely bend his leg, the only way he would get them off, was if she took off the baggy pair of sweatpants he had on, for him.

Ariana looked up, "you know that right? And how exactly do you plan on getting into the tub?"

Samuels face suddenly turned a beet red, again, realizing what the question again meant.

Ariana saw this and smirked to herself, "grow up Samuel, its not the first time I've done something like this. I used to be a nurse remember? I just thought I'd point that out in case you wanted to change your mind, although, you really do need it." She teased him.

Samuel just sat in silence, still embarrassed over the prospect of having to go through with this just to be able to take a bath. He cursed his ill-fortune in his head then finally spoke, "well, if it has to be done it has to be done. Just promise not to laugh. Its already going to be embarrassing enough as it is."

"I'll only laugh a little, thats as much as I'll promise, besides, how do you think I got those bandages on, or how you came to be wearing those sweatpants?" Ariana quipped back, winking. The bandages had been unwrapped from his head and leg.

"Now raise yourself in the chair with your arms, its time to take your clothes off," she said in a business like tone. Samuel did as she instructed, and Ariana reached around him, grabbing the top of the pants and gently pulling them down past his buttocks.

"You can sit again," she said, and gently pulled them off the remainder of the way. She then helped him stand up, and then sit onto the edge of the tub. Swinging his leg up and onto the edge, she then had him slowly lower himself off the edge, as she made sure his leg remained support. It wasn't until he was in it. That he was comfortable enough to take off his shirt. Ariana stood again, and walked to the bathroom door,

"Just holler when you're done, I'll be in the kitchen cleaning up." With that she shut the door, leaving Samuel alone, in silence, still entirely embarrassed over what had just happened...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 7:48:12 PM
At 5/25/2013 7:23:38 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
went blank, realizing what that meant. Oh god, he mentally slapped himself, of course he wouldn't be able to, he could barely bend his leg, the only way he would get them off, was if she took off the baggy pair of sweatpants he had on, for him.

Ariana looked up, "you know that right? And how exactly do you plan on getting into the tub?"

Samuels face suddenly turned a beet red, again, realizing what the question again meant.

Ariana saw this and smirked to herself, "grow up Samuel, its not the first time I've done something like this. I used to be a nurse remember? I just thought I'd point that out in case you wanted to change your mind, although, you really do need it." She teased him.

Samuel just sat in silence, still embarrassed over the prospect of having to go through with this just to be able to take a bath. He cursed his ill-fortune in his head then finally spoke, "well, if it has to be done it has to be done. Just promise not to laugh. Its already going to be embarrassing enough as it is."

"I'll only laugh a little, thats as much as I'll promise, besides, how do you think I got those bandages on, or how you came to be wearing those sweatpants?" Ariana quipped back, winking. The bandages had been unwrapped from his head and leg.

"Now raise yourself in the chair with your arms, its time to take your clothes off," she said in a business like tone. Samuel did as she instructed, and Ariana reached around him, grabbing the top of the pants and gently pulling them down past his buttocks.

"You can sit again," she said, and gently pulled them off the remainder of the way. She then helped him stand up, and then sit onto the edge of the tub. Swinging his leg up and onto the edge, she then had him slowly lower himself off the edge, as she made sure his leg remained support. It wasn't until he was in it. That he was comfortable enough to take off his shirt. Ariana stood again, and walked to the bathroom door,

"Just holler when you're done, I'll be in the kitchen cleaning up." With that she shut the door, leaving Samuel alone, in silence, still entirely embarrassed over what had just happened...

Well now that I know that it was just a dream....
Bloody steak?? Ewww..... >.< gross!!!
Ummmmm,,, yea that had to be embarrassing.. I'd be pretty embarrassed with the thought of that.. Pretty umm,, intense...
Way to keep the story going Buddamoose!! Absolutely fabulous writing!! :)
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul