Jump to topic:

Piracy

johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 10:20:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Give us a data approximation of how much you pirated and what most of it was.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 10:24:19 PM
Also forgot to add, tell us how you do it.

Noob mode = Kazaa, limewire, frostwire
Smart Noob mode = Converting youtube vids to mp3's ripping and decrypting and converting dvds, using replay av with hulu, etc.
Pirate Mode = Utorrent with TPB, demonoid, minova, etc.
Pirate Captain Mode = Utorrent with elite private sites
Pirate God/Godess Mode = Utorrent with elite private sites using a seedbox
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 10:25:42 PM
At 11/29/2009 10:22:52 PM, Puck wrote:
After my ship was scuttled..

I kid. Interesting note on the subject, mininova has been essentially killed.

http://blog.mininova.org...

Yeah I know, the copyright protectors are stepping up there game on public sites, however only to the expansion of private sites with smaller more exclusive communities.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 10:33:21 PM
At 11/29/2009 10:32:05 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I pirate like all my music, but the Marxist in me says it's just "equally distributing". :P

How much and how do you do it?

ddofans.com
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 3:44:03 AM
At 11/29/2009 10:24:19 PM, johngriswald wrote:
Also forgot to add, tell us how you do it.

Smart Noob mode = Converting youtube vids to mp3's ripping and decrypting and converting dvds, using replay av with hulu, etc.

I break into recording studios and video game companies and take their stuff. Where does that fit in XD?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 2:00:38 PM
I only pirate approx. 4GB a month, as I'm only on a 5GB plan and use a lot of it for Youtube vids, pr0n and general browsing. My usage will be going up to 55GB per month (30GB off-peak) this coming Friday when I get wireless, so that will increase substantially.

I get movies, albums and the newest episodes of Simpsons, How I Met Your Mother, Family Guy, Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Pirate mode. I mostly used demonoid and mininova when they weren't broken, I've been using Pirate Bay in past few days.

What are these "elite" private sites and how do I become a member? I had to get invited to demonoid so I presume that's a private site?
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 2:33:18 PM
At 11/30/2009 2:00:38 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
I only pirate approx. 4GB a month, as I'm only on a 5GB plan and use a lot of it for Youtube vids, pr0n and general browsing. My usage will be going up to 55GB per month (30GB off-peak) this coming Friday when I get wireless, so that will increase substantially.

I get movies, albums and the newest episodes of Simpsons, How I Met Your Mother, Family Guy, Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Pirate mode. I mostly used demonoid and mininova when they weren't broken, I've been using Pirate Bay in past few days.

What are these "elite" private sites and how do I become a member? I had to get invited to demonoid so I presume that's a private site?

Is it not to early for you to start raising havoc.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 2:43:26 PM

You have to be elite to get in. No lol just kidding. Actually if you know someone IRL that trusts you, they'll send you an invite. Once you're on one private site, you can usually get a buttload of moar invites by lurking in that site's forums.

Eventually You'll be like me and be on tons of private sites.

Demonoid is technically private, but anyone an get on, so no, its mainly a public site.

Me: To date I've pirated 1.6 TB

700 GB - TV Shows including every episode
50 GB - Music
700GB - Movies (including tons of blu-rays)
50 GB - Program installers
100 GB - PC Game ISO's

I am a Pirate God

ddofans.com
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 2:45:51 PM
At 11/30/2009 2:33:18 PM, comoncents wrote:

Is it not to early for you to start raising havoc.

What?
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 2:48:59 PM
At 11/30/2009 2:43:26 PM, johngriswald wrote:

You have to be elite to get in. No lol just kidding. Actually if you know someone IRL that trusts you, they'll send you an invite. Once you're on one private site, you can usually get a buttload of moar invites by lurking in that site's forums.

Eventually You'll be like me and be on tons of private sites.

Demonoid is technically private, but anyone an get on, so no, its mainly a public site.

Me: To date I've pirated 1.6 TB

700 GB - TV Shows including every episode
50 GB - Music
700GB - Movies (including tons of blu-rays)
50 GB - Program installers
100 GB - PC Game ISO's

I am a Pirate God

Yikes, I would like to do a HD swap with you. :)

I've got about 1TB of stuff through swapping HD data with mates, mostly movies, TV and music.

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 2:51:59 PM
At 11/30/2009 2:49:40 PM, comoncents wrote:
You usually don't come on till later.
Off work today?

Nah man I'm at work (unfortunately lol), and usually am on at this hour. It's nearly 9am and I usually get in at 7:30.

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 2:52:56 PM
Heh, I'm definitely a Pirate Noob, as I use(d) Limewire and other similar sites and etc.

But all things considered, I've gotten at least 3 GB of music, and Lord knows how many GB for movies. Not much, but enough to satisfy me.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 3:00:52 PM
At 11/30/2009 2:51:59 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 11/30/2009 2:49:40 PM, comoncents wrote:
You usually don't come on till later.
Off work today?

Nah man I'm at work (unfortunately lol), and usually am on at this hour. It's nearly 9am and I usually get in at 7:30.

OHHHH
I thought you come on at like 10,11,12 pm new york time.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 4:40:41 PM
At 11/30/2009 2:48:59 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
Yikes, I would like to do a HD swap with you. :)

I've got about 1TB of stuff through swapping HD data with mates, mostly movies, TV and music.

I've also gotten a lot of info that way. I got another 2 TB station on newegg for 140 bucks, so I have plenty more space.

I don't pay cable. Name a TV Show

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 4:42:21 PM
You're five hours away from me driving time.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 5:03:45 PM
At 11/30/2009 5:01:22 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
please I am not an outlaw

You're implying that piracy is wrong?

ddofans.com
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 5:08:09 PM
At 11/30/2009 5:03:45 PM, johngriswald wrote:

I don't think piracy is wrong, but I hardly see the point. It is useful if you don't have the money on hand, but otherwise why bother? Just buy the stuff if you want it and you have the money. Same use, same point, same result.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 5:10:55 PM
At 11/30/2009 5:08:09 PM, Volkov wrote:

It is useful if you don't have the money on hand

When you're saving for retirement, there is never money on hand.

ddofans.com
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 5:14:26 PM
At 11/30/2009 5:10:55 PM, johngriswald wrote:

I'd question how old you are, because then this statement makes sense.

Mostly though, I find most of those that download pirated material are teenagers and college students without much money to throw around. I've never had such an issue with a lack of on-hand funds.
wonderwoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 5:18:05 PM
At 11/30/2009 5:01:22 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
please I am not an outlaw

No, I'm just implying there isn't a need. Nor is there a legitimate reason, seeing as money is material object.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 5:20:00 PM
At 11/30/2009 5:14:26 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 11/30/2009 5:10:55 PM, johngriswald wrote:

I'd question how old you are, because then this statement makes sense.

How would age factor in with retirement savings? A smart cookie begins saving very early.

ddofans.com
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 5:21:20 PM
At 11/30/2009 5:20:00 PM, johngriswald wrote:
How would age factor in with retirement savings? A smart cookie begins saving very early.

You think way too far in advance to be too young.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 5:23:33 PM
At 11/30/2009 4:42:21 PM, johngriswald wrote:

What do you mean?

johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 5:24:22 PM
At 11/30/2009 5:21:20 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 11/30/2009 5:20:00 PM, johngriswald wrote:

You think way too far in advance to be too young.

Anyone who has earned income can invest in a Roth IRA.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 5:24:59 PM
At 11/30/2009 5:23:33 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 11/30/2009 4:42:21 PM, johngriswald wrote:

What do you mean?

You said you wanted to do a HD swap lol. If you're ever in the neighborhood you're welcome to do it.

ddofans.com