Jump to topic:

Burn Notice Final Season

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 10:17:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Burn Notice's final season is coming back on June 6. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm kind of disappointed that this will be the last season. Does anyone else follow the show?
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 10:25:38 PM
I followed it during the first three or four seasons. Got bored with it though. I don't really see how the show could stay true to the "catch" with Michael actually working for the CIA.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 10:31:13 PM
Yes. Watched every episode. I am a little disappointed too that this will be the final season. However, I think the plot developed in a way that it would be difficult to have more seasons. Consider for instance that the title of the series is Burn Notice. Yet at this point, Michael is back at the CIA, and is actually working for them. This in contrast to the first few seasons where figuring out who caused his burn notice was a principal mystery. Personally, I felt that the plot is advancing towards a sort of conclusion, so it makes sense that it is about to end.

I think this show is probably one of my favorite. Before Burn Notice, I never watched TV. However, after watching the first episode of season 2, I went back and watched all of season 1, and then slowly started watching other TV shows. This will always be a memorable one.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 11:11:49 PM
At 5/30/2013 10:25:38 PM, Noumena wrote:
I followed it during the first three or four seasons. Got bored with it though. I don't really see how the show could stay true to the "catch" with Michael actually working for the CIA.

I think that's why they're bringing the show to an end this season. I'll be anxious to see how the "deal" that Michael cut with the CIA to "protect" Sam, Fiona, Jessie and his mom winds up changing their lives (and the entire narrative of the show).
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 11:18:29 PM
At 5/30/2013 10:31:13 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Yes. Watched every episode. I am a little disappointed too that this will be the final season. However, I think the plot developed in a way that it would be difficult to have more seasons. Consider for instance that the title of the series is Burn Notice. Yet at this point, Michael is back at the CIA, and is actually working for them. This in contrast to the first few seasons where figuring out who caused his burn notice was a principal mystery. Personally, I felt that the plot is advancing towards a sort of conclusion, so it makes sense that it is about to end.

I think this show is probably one of my favorite. Before Burn Notice, I never watched TV. However, after watching the first episode of season 2, I went back and watched all of season 1, and then slowly started watching other TV shows. This will always be a memorable one.

I was sort of disappointed too, because there were moments when it just went overboard (like having multiple people in the CIA try to kill Michael and the rest of them) but the bad writing was sort of vindicated -I thought- by the final scene where Michael is standing in what I think was a hanger as he was reunited with everyone after their prolonged interrogation. But you're right though... with Michael back in the CIA it's going to be difficult to even call the show "Burn Notice." I guess I sort of always figured this is where they would take it, but it's kind of a bittersweet plot development. While I'm happy that Michael has taken down the people who burned him, I'll be curious if they ever reveal more details about why he was burned, etc. There are just so many open questions that I thought this previous season should have answered, but didn't. I guess I'll just have to hope that the tie everything up by the end. This has been one of my all time favorites too, though. I've always liked primetime dramas, but even despite the slouch in the last season, it's still one of the best.
Tsar of DDO