Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 4:12:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 2:56:34 PM, Babeslayer wrote:
The Grey

Terrible, everything about it. The only interesting part of the movie was when I realized one of the guys played Max in Across the Universe.

Looper

The ending (while sub-par imo) was about as good as the plot allowed for.

Argo

Pretty good; the ending was almost comic in how thick the attempt to make things suspenseful got.

Skyfall

Intersting plot, terrible execution.

Safety not Guarenteed

Never seen it but the girl is perhaps the only reason I watch Parks and Rec (with the possible addition of Swanson) so I might give it a try.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 4:36:21 PM
yeah movies of 2012 kind of lacked quality. i personally hated The Hunger Games
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 4:39:15 PM
I'd have to go with Django Unchained and Les Miserables. Granted I didn't go to see as many critically rated movies this year as last but these two just stood out. Ugh I almost feel dumb picking two Oscar-buzz movies.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 4:43:09 PM
At 6/4/2013 4:39:15 PM, Noumena wrote:
I'd have to go with Django Unchained and Les Miserables. Granted I didn't go to see as many critically rated movies this year as last but these two just stood out. Ugh I almost feel dumb picking two Oscar-buzz movies.

did you find ghost rider 2 any good?
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 4:44:30 PM
At 6/4/2013 4:43:09 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

I watched twenty minutes of Ghost Rider 1. I don't need to even watch the sequel to know it's atrocious.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 4:45:09 PM
At 6/4/2013 4:44:30 PM, Noumena wrote:

I watched twenty minutes of Ghost Rider 1. I don't need to even watch the sequel to know it's atrocious.

do you take a liking in action films?
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 5:17:14 PM
At 6/4/2013 4:36:21 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Strongly agree.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 5:23:01 PM
At 6/4/2013 4:45:09 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Only good ones.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 5:24:22 PM
At 6/4/2013 5:23:01 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/4/2013 4:45:09 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Only good ones.

did you find the transformers 3 to be a good one
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 5:29:38 PM

I loved Les Miserables. I'm not usually one for musicals, but that movie was beautiful.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 8:11:16 PM
I loved the film adaption of Anna Karenin, and The Raven.

The Hobbit, The Hunger Games, and Les Miserable were also enjoyable, but they wouldn't make my short list.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 1:31:31 AM
Django...

That's it.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 1:57:27 AM
At 6/5/2013 1:31:31 AM, Oryus wrote:
Django...

That's it.

Yeah this is pretty much the only movie that sticks out to me in 2012 also. Might partially be because I just watched it, but also because there was a lot of stuff I also really didn't dig from 2012.
Debate.org Moderator
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 10:20:56 AM
At 6/4/2013 4:36:21 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

I'm not really into any movies from 2012, now 2013 yes, lots of cool action movies.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 10:56:20 PM
The Dark Knight Rises and Django, probably.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 10:55:17 AM
At 6/8/2013 10:56:20 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
The Dark Knight Rises and Django, probably.

I am srry but I absolutely despise the dark knight rises. heck I despise the whole dark knight series. everything was put on steroids. the actors in the cartoon series and the old movies pulled of a way better batman than the actor in the dark knight rises. even Young Justice did a better job
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 8:49:24 PM
Les Miserables.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
unitedandy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 5:44:54 PM
Django
Wreck it Ralph
Dark knight rises
The hobbit
Argo

All awesome. But (and I type this with expectations of abuse) I'm going with Twilight. The ending was just class.