Jump to topic:

New Pokemon Type, Fairy

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 8:52:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm surprised no one else has started a thread for this, surely there are a few pokemon gamers still keeping up the games and interested in this new set coming up pokemon 'X' and 'Y'.

http://www.nowgamer.com...

what do you all think of the new pokemon type that has been released? It's called 'fairy' type, it's super effective against Dragon types, the new Eevee form everyone has seen 'Sylvion' is one of these new fairy types with a fairy move called moonblast, several previous old pokemon have gained fairy as a second attribute including Jigglypuff, Maril, and Gardivoir.

so were you hoping for a 'light' type before? is this 'fairy' type close enough? do you wish Dragon type didn't gain a new weakness? are you glad something is finally balancing the dragon type out more? are you glad some older pokemon like Maril are getting an interesting type upgrade?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:37:33 AM
I am pretty indifferent to this, haha, since I've long stopped watching the Pokemon anime and the games are horribly boring to me. Used to emulate them on my PSP.

I don't see how Maril is a fairy type though. What's the type's weakness as well? Dark?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 10:19:21 AM
At 6/12/2013 9:37:33 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
I am pretty indifferent to this, haha, since I've long stopped watching the Pokemon anime and the games are horribly boring to me. Used to emulate them on my PSP.

I don't see how Maril is a fairy type though. What's the type's weakness as well? Dark?

I'm not sure what logic they used to make maril a fairy either, maybe partly because they just wanted it to me more special than just a water type, it is the second generations pickachu sort of, with makes me wonder if pickachu has become a fairy. all in all the common them of the fairy's seem to be the 'cute' pokemon from before would be my guess.

It's unknown at this point what all the Fairy's type relations are with other types, the only one released is that is will be good against dragon types.

there was a lot of fans though wanting a 'light' type that would be super-effective against dark and some speculation that because this game has a city called 'city of light' and the two legendary's look like a dark flying type and the other one a grass/???? some wanted to guess Xernias is light type that would be good against dark and counter balance out the legendary's and the dark attribute in general.

I hope it will be good against dark and have weaknesses from maybe things like psychic or fighting or crazier still all the basic starter elements that dragons are resistant to.

but psychic is my biggest hope so it will create a new paper rock siscors trinity with Dark Psychic and Fairy.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 12:41:28 PM
Were dragon types over-powered before?

Because I always thought they had good stats but learned really sucky moves.
Nolite Timere
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 12:26:04 AM
At 6/12/2013 12:41:28 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Were dragon types over-powered before?

Because I always thought they had good stats but learned really sucky moves.

They were resistant to lots of stuff and weak to only other dragon moves and ice moves alone. Now they have a tiny 3rd weakness added to them. I never though the learned bad moves, although a guess dragon breath is a lot more useful in games like Pok"mon Conquest.

A Scout is Obedient.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 12:45:12 PM
It's about time Dragon got nerfed. I was hoping for a light type, but I guess this is fine.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 3:59:54 PM
At 6/13/2013 12:48:21 PM, PrivateEye wrote:
I haven't watched/played pokemon in about 15 years.

You're missing out. I recommend you at least play Crystal and Black or White.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown